Advice on workout plan?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Advice on workout plan?

Post by Nokie173 »

Hi All,

I am trying to find a better work out plan for myself and see if this would be ok?
I only have 45 mins to work out during the weekdays but I can do longer on weekends.

Day 1: Weights (Upper Body) – How much? 3 sets & 10 reps?
Can I use those upper body and arm machine they have in the gym?
Stretch (5-10mins)

Day 2: Cardio (Treadmill)
HIIT – Run 1 mins/ Walk 2 mins (20mins)
5mins warm up
5mins cool down
30 mins total.
Stretch (5-10mins)

Day 3: Weight (Lower Body)
Again…Leg machines
Stretch (5-10mins)

Day 4: OFF

Day 5: Compound exercise
Dumbbells
Squats
Lunges
Ab work

Day 6:
Cardio (Treadmill)
HIIT – Run 1 mins/ Walk 2 mins (20mins)
5mins warm up
5mins cool down
30 mins total.
Stretch (5-10mins)

Day 7: OFF

I stick to machines because I’m a bit intimidated going to workout where the free weights are at. A lot of people are always there and I’m self cautious because I’m not familiar with a lot of exercises. I mean, the machines are pretty easy to work with and it gives me a good work out too…I know free weights are better though.

Please let me know what you think? Thanks,

Nokie
mzaruba423
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by mzaruba423 »

i'd definately try going over to use the free weights. i think they're a lot better for you, and you don't have to do too many exercises over there, just some basic ones.
as for the rest of your workout, i'd definately use compound sets every day and i'd switch up your HIIT routine to something harder. I figure that if you walk for two minutes your heart rate will get a bit too low. Maybe 1 minute run/spring with either a 2 minute jog or 1 minute walk. try to push yourself. as for the exercises, someone else will have to help you with that
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

don't be intimidated, it's not where you start it's where you finish

search "your body is a barbell" by alwyn cosgrove...it's bodyweight execises but it will co-ordinate you and get your mu=scles/joints ready for wts so you'll be more comfortable going out to the free wt area
Fitnessdad
STARTING OUT

Workout at home

Post by Fitnessdad »

I'm like you and have very little time to workout with the kids and everything. There are some great DVD's out there just push play and they will defintely get you in shape. Good luck