need help setting up a routine

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

have a look at the people around you now...99% can't do it...if i tell you now to do it you can do it easily but what about if i follow you all day...do you still hold perfect posture? when your tired do you? i bet you don;t...no one does...i cetaintly don''t... posture goes to the complete shit sometimes
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

military training dude, i can sleep like this
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

great, 1 person in the world then
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

actually most anyone thats just completed us marine corp basic or seals training, i've heard some seals say they can sleep and run with out even realizing they just switch to an auto-pilot like state of consciousness
jackdsw
STARTING OUT

Post by jackdsw »

what are the best bodyweight ab/oblique exercises? like just basic crunches or planks, and how many times a week should i exercise abs? just once like the other body parts?

yeah I've found some exercises I can do through this site and others and am kinda getting started on a routine
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

no bodypart should be trained only once...2 - 3/week for best results
jackdsw
STARTING OUT

Post by jackdsw »

well there's another reason I definately need help with setting up routine :?

i looked around and waterbury method seems popular however it probably seems too advanced for me although maybe not..
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

it's not too advanced if at all...5 - 6 exercises per session, you would have done most of them before...you just need to get your head around a different way of training is all
jackdsw
STARTING OUT

Post by jackdsw »

I'm going back to school soon so I need to set up a regular diet.. it becomes a little more structured however I have to take 2 meals to school so it really cuts back on what I can do. So far I'm thinking:

Meal 1 - two poached eggs, 1 piece of toast
Meal 2 (school) - chicken sandwich on wholegrain/multigrain roll
Meal 3 (school) - another sandwich HOWEVER I'm not sure what I can use on it, possibly tuna sandwich or ham or maybe a salad sandwich with hardboiled eggs
Meal 4 - Mixed vegetables... struggling for protein here, not sure what I can do really as i don't want to use up all the chicken and stuff for the week
-exercise/workout-
After workout snack - bowl of special k with soy milk
Meal 5 - dinner, whatever is on offer really, usually a combination of meat and salad/veg
Meal 6 - fruit

so I probably need help refining that

----------------------

also when doing a total body workout in one session, how many exercises are used for one muscle group? or is it not the different exercises, just how many overall sets you do? either way, in a total body workout that takes about an hour how much do I workout each muscle group?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

meal 1 - replace toast with fruit
meal 2 - repalce bread with fruit again
meal 3 - add veggies
meal 4 - you mentioned 3 protein sources in meal 3, use 1 of them
post training meal - add a protein shake here
meal 7 - protein and veggies

full body workouts can be set out neumerous ways but this will be easiets for you:

legs / core x 4 sets
back (row movement)/chest x 4 sets
back (chin up movement) / shoulders x 3 sets

also when doing a total body workout in one session, how many exercises are used for one muscle group? or is it not the different exercises, just how many overall sets you do? either way, in a total body workout that takes about an hour how much do I workout each muscle group?