Yea,Waterbury method

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

SIP
STARTING OUT

Yea,Waterbury method

Post by SIP »

Harlo,
Ya,so i have done this routine for a month or so.
Should i continue the routine?
Or maybe i should modified here and there.
Thanks.
YasinH
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by YasinH »

How did this work for you(waterbury Method).. This message tells you that we can work out 1 muscle group more then once a week...thats impossible cause after a hard chest workout, chest needs atleast 4-5 days rest!..

Also, In this method it says Chest 10 Sets/3 Reps.. does that mean we can only do Bench press(1 chest muscle exercise)that day?..
thekid24
HIGH FLYER

Post by thekid24 »

you can do variations like db bench, flat, low incline and high incline bench press.
YasinH
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by YasinH »

so your saying i can do variations and for each one i have to do 10SETS/3Reps?..Thats a lil too extreme isnt it?..i thought the point was to do Heavy Weight,low reps and get the most out of it with less fatigue... Im sorry ,forgive me for the stupid questions!, just trying to figure this out so i can try it.. Also it says..

DAY 1

Barbell Back Squats
Sets: 10
Reps: 3
Rest: 70 seconds

A1 Dips

A2 Bent-Over Barbell or Dumbbell Rows
Sets: 4
Reps: 6
Rest: 60 seconds (between exercise pairings)

Note: A1/A2 consists of a superset pairing

Does this mean i do Dips 4 sets- 6 reps as well?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

sip - look at bad boy basics and art of waterbury for your next program

yasin - let''s break this down

say your bench 1rm is 100kgs

you train your chest 1 a week with flat, incline and flies where for 3 x 10 you might use something like 70kgs, 55kgs and 15kgs for each exercise respectively

70 x 30 reps = 2100 total kgs lifted

55 x 30 = 1650

15 x 30 - 450

4200 total kgs lifted for the week...this is all well and good but you've done nothing to increase your strength as the reps are too high so you'll struggle to add wt to the bar for any length of time...i've gone for almost maximum wt above too and haven't even added in fatigue garnered from the previous 1 or 2 exercises

compare to this

train chest 2/week doing 10 x 3 for bench then 4 x 6 for incline for 1 session each

using the same 100kg 1rm you'd use maybe 85kgs for sets of 3 then 80ish for sets of 6

85 x 30 (look, the same volume) = 2550

65 x 24 = 1560

4110 total kgs lifted/week which is lower but a lot better...you're training more frequently but putting up the same numbers even with less overall vol and you're getting stringer which will allow you to use heavier wts in the future thus getting bigger again
YasinH
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by YasinH »

Ok I understood Almost all of it..

Just going over a few things real quick..

Correct me if im missing something

so train chest instead of just MONDAY..But For example Monday and Friday?

Do only 2 chest exercises which is Bench and dumbbell incline both monday and friday

do 10 x 3 for bench both days and 4 x 6 for the isolation ones..?

Now if i do 80kg for all 10 sets.. how much rest do i take in between sets? and can i add more weight to next session which would be friday?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you've fallen away a little...

that was just an example of splitting your lifts up into seperate days so instead of doing all 3 chest exercises on 1 day (bench, incline and flies), you should split them up onto 2 or 3 days (depending on your split) and do 1 exercise on each of those days

the set up will be different in CW's program...simply do as it is written and you'll be fine
SIP
STARTING OUT

Post by SIP »

Ok,done reading,
so which routine should i follow?
bad boy basics or art of waterbury?

i think, art of waterbury?
Thanks.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

that will do...
SIP
STARTING OUT

Post by SIP »

Wait, can i choose the Big boys basics instead? :D
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

thgere both similar for memeory, i dont think it really matters
YasinH
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by YasinH »

im trying to follw this hpertrophy program exactly how its written but some exercises just dont make any sense.. for example Dips 60 of ur 1rm?..Dont u do your body weight on dips and Chin ups?.. can we make up our own exercises fro example when it says

day 1: chest/back 10 X 3.. can we choose our own exercises for either one?..does it matter which one we pic, does it have to be compound ?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

what isolation would you fo sets of 3 of??

if it was better that way wouldn't program already be done like that?

to make it easier, how ever many reps per set you're meant to do, choose a wt that allows you to do 2 more reps and use this for all sets...so for sets of 3 use a 5 rep wt, sets of 6 use an 8 rep wt etc...% don;t always work out

stop thinking about every little detail.. the time you stop thinking about everything, the 4 weeks will be gone, you'll have probably gone backwards in your progress wasteing 4 weeks and above all one of the most simple (yes, it is simple), tried and true programs out there

get on with it already