can anyone please help me

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

singing_irish1
STARTING OUT

can anyone please help me

Post by singing_irish1 »

hi im a 34 year old from belfast northern ireland, iv been trainning since last feb rite up to say the start of november and the results iv acheived are rubbish, il tell what iv been doing and was wondering if u could tell where im going wrong or u mite even havea routine i could follow,
iv been doing mass exercises:
bench press to point of failure, 3 sets
sitting shoulder press to point of failure, 3 sets
sitting bicep curl to point of failure, 3 sets
hammer curls to point of failure, 3 sets
squats to point of failure, 3 sets

iv changed protein powder to vp2 and am planning out meals as i think this is where i am going wrong,

Can i ask you, now that body is used to these exercises will i have to change them or i wont grow?

alao i may need help with the scienctific side of thing as i weigh 75 kg i would be most grateful if u could point me in the right direction as i have watched a lot of stuff on youtube and there seems to be so much info im cunfused with it all

can i also take this time to wish u and yr family a happy new year and hope it brings u the luck and sucess u want once again thank you

danny
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

How often do you train?
singing_irish1
STARTING OUT

Post by singing_irish1 »

Packard wrote:How often do you train?

mate i was training 3 times a week, usually monday wednesday and friday but there was times i didnt stick to this but i always got 3 workouts done a week, iv been trying to find a meal plan to follow as this is where i am faulting, i could strongley do with ur advice
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

Try going to failure just once a week. Knock back the poundage for the other two workouts about 20 to 25 percent. Do not do extra reps or extra sets on the lighter days.

This will allow more time for recovery and I think you will see a quick jump in strength.
singing_irish1
STARTING OUT

help

Post by singing_irish1 »

mate could u suggest a workout plan for please, i d be ever so grateful, exercises and reps etc..

Packard wrote:Try going to failure just once a week. Knock back the poundage for the other two workouts about 20 to 25 percent. Do not do extra reps or extra sets on the lighter days.

This will allow more time for recovery and I think you will see a quick jump in strength.
Packard
VETERAN

Re: help

Post by Packard »

singing_irish1 wrote:mate could u suggest a workout plan for please, i d be ever so grateful, exercises and reps etc..

Packard wrote:Try going to failure just once a week. Knock back the poundage for the other two workouts about 20 to 25 percent. Do not do extra reps or extra sets on the lighter days.

I thought I had. Stick with your current routine but do two workouts per week with lighter weights. After 3 or 4 weeks see how you feel. Then post your results and we can suggest some tweaks to the existing routine.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

"...the pies, the pipes are calling..."

- results were rubbish cos training was rubbish..chest, arms and legs? it's 2/3rds of your body so tyou can't expect full results surely
- arm exercises aren't mass exercises by a long shot
- training to faulure is the worse thing you can do
- do you think changing your protein powder really is gonna your lack of results? look at the big picture mate...if protein powder was the holy grail then every dickhead 14yr old doing 300 push ups a night in his bedroom would be massive
- you need better and thus new exercises anyway so yes
- don't worry about shit on youtube...oh excpet this bloke...the funniest shit i've seen on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJTR-p2f1nQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-yPIVY4 ... re=related

you don't need to know the scientififc stuff, just follow tyhe basics and you'll be fine...remember 80% of your gains will come from 20% that your doing

do you train at a gym or do you have someone to show you some exercises?
singing_irish1
STARTING OUT

Post by singing_irish1 »

i train at home mate here in belfast, iv found a new programe on another web site im going to start it on monday, but if uv any suggestions id gladly listen

thanks
dan

swanso5 wrote:"...the pies, the pipes are calling..."

- results were rubbish cos training was rubbish..chest, arms and legs? it's 2/3rds of your body so tyou can't expect full results surely
- arm exercises aren't mass exercises by a long shot
- training to faulure is the worse thing you can do
- do you think changing your protein powder really is gonna your lack of results? look at the big picture mate...if protein powder was the holy grail then every dickhead 14yr old doing 300 push ups a night in his bedroom would be massive
- you need better and thus new exercises anyway so yes
- don't worry about shit on youtube...oh excpet this bloke...the funniest shit i've seen on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJTR-p2f1nQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-yPIVY4 ... re=related

you don't need to know the scientififc stuff, just follow tyhe basics and you'll be fine...remember 80% of your gains will come from 20% that your doing

do you train at a gym or do you have someone to show you some exercises?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

post the programme, if it isn't from t-nation or elite lifts it's probably ordinary
Heelus
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Heelus »

swanso5 wrote:post the programme, if it isn't from t-nation or elite lifts it's probably ordinary
you didn't answered want he wanted to hear so he stoped listening and search for a program closer to what he thinks lol ...
singing_irish1
STARTING OUT

Post by singing_irish1 »

na i didnt mate, iv read so much crap and conridiction which has caused a lot of confusion, so i think its u who didnt reda the question , mate!

Heelus wrote:
swanso5 wrote:post the programme, if it isn't from t-nation or elite lifts it's probably ordinary
you didn't answered want he wanted to hear so he stoped listening and search for a program closer to what he thinks lol ...
singing_irish1
STARTING OUT

Post by singing_irish1 »

heres the link to the website, programme

singing_irish1
STARTING OUT

Post by singing_irish1 »

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt89.htm

Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

Both the 3 and 4 day routine look solid to me. I like the way he has grouped the exercises so that you get adequate rest between workouts.

The 4 day routine would be preference if I had access to a good commercial gym.

The 3 day routine is easier to perform at home.

I would give either of these 6 to 12 weeks to see how you do. You cannot tell anything from less than a 6 week try.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

he pm'd me heelus