Need Tweaking Work out plan

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jsilver
STARTING OUT

Need Tweaking Work out plan

Post by jsilver »

Hi guys I'm 23 this year, used to be really active till I had an injury about 2 years back. From that time onwards I crashed. Eating lots of white rice with oily fatty saturated dace in black beans type of junk...
Recently I had a good look at body and it was horrible compared to when I was 15.

I've never had much muscle defination, only mass. Somehow I didn't know that I was overloading on calories and the sports I did like BikeTrials and Comp Swimming were muscle resistant sports thus they grew quite big..and easily.

I am a 5'2, Asian, Musician and student. I am very tied down in the day and thus only have evenings to shape up.

I have broad shoulders, a half defined chest and under arm wings,roberto carlos thighs...yet I can not do more than 3 pulls ups without shaking...lol

goal is to have that pop in biceps and not mass, also I would like to get into about 15% of body fat. I am currently at 25%. I hope to be able to gain back the strength of what I had many years ago. Ultimately of course for abs to show again...and also to be much stronger and nimble than I am now.

I bought the book written by Tom Venuto, and I think its really informative. I was on a very very strict diet and cardio regime but honestly its kind of non-realistic...I realised I can't be on such a diet for too long. Within 3 months I lost 10 kilos....and got from a size 31 - a size 27. I was indeed healthy! That was 2 years back. It isn't the book's fault, its mine for not following through. The information is like...Alot!
I probably did something wrong tho...

I would like to ask what may be a good diet and work out plan...for the long term..I do know about foods, but sometimes its just hard to reach esp given the limited choices in canteen. What would be a nice work out? And how do I keep myself in the gym...(i find lifting weights boring).

This is work out and diet plan below... (as you can see it is really limited as I've never really touched on weight lifting)

DIET
Morning B'fast (6.30am)
A bowl of musli with 2% fat skimmed milk and an apple

(11.30am)
Lunch, 1/4 cup of white rice with chicken breast and lots of vegs
If I can't get this from school canteen, I would buy lots of watermelon and honey melon...and take it as meal.

(7pm)
WORKOUT

(8.30pm)
Dinner - One piece of Salmon fish with lots of veg.

MON WED FRI
Warm Up Gym
50 push ups, 10 chin up,Jog for 5 minutes, stretching for 5 minutes.

Workout
Barbell curls - 30 kilos - X40 reps, 3 sets

Cardio
By now glycogen reserves should be depleted. I would finish gym with a 20-30 minute moderate jog on the threadmill or in the park.

I realised that daily cardio actually isn't the way to go depending on body types. For me people like me....who gain muscle fast and gain weight and fats fast and lose them fast too, weight training may just be what I need more. I just need motivation to stay in the gym lifting those heavy weights.

Please feel free to tweak diet and workout routines...
I'll probably have to change them....every 3-4 months once body gets used to it.

Also may I ask, I have a v cute tummy..tt won't go away..no matter how low body fat was...I used to be at 12% body fat...yet still had a tummy...why is that so? Its been with me since childhood...haha...

Thanks once again guys!
Last edited by jsilver on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- for food go to diet section and read "read before posting..."...you may need take some meals with you to school if their food is not so good
- what type of training would keep you intersted? do you need something more challenging?
- from the sounds of you ytou'd respond well to wts...most asians do as they have compact body structures, ecspecially if your have decent shoulder width etc...you probably have those asian calves too (thick and short)
- once your diet and training gets underway, the tummy should firm up more...your metabolism needs a boost as you've underfed for yrs and under trained too so it's had no reason to speed up
- if you store most of your in the mid section then you may be a little carb resistant so you'll need to cut them down and increase healthy fats
mzaruba423
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Need Tweaking Work out plan

Post by mzaruba423 »

jsilver wrote: Workout
Barbell curls - 30 kilos - X40 reps, 3 sets
well you definately need a whole lot more, but I just wanted to say wow. Isn't that like 65 lbs? And 40 times. That's ridiculous

edit : whoops i thought that said dumbbell.
Last edited by mzaruba423 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsilver
STARTING OUT

hi guys

Post by jsilver »

Thanks for the replies...
mmm I think I meant 15 kilos per arm lol...with a total of 30kg on the bar-bell.
Anyways I found out it wasn't possible till perhaps I am strong enough to lift so many reps...(i just found out during last work out "ouch")

I think main aim is to achieve back a healthy body, basically for abs and biceps to show once again. I don't need anything more "challenging"...I just need the motivation to lift weights lol...it gets really boring esp not having a work out buddy....
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

well you need to be your biggest motivator
jsilver
STARTING OUT

okie

Post by jsilver »

thank you... :)