HIIT

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

JP1234
STARTING OUT

HIIT

Post by JP1234 »

How can I do this on a stationary bike? Or can I?

Thanks

Jim
clare_1
HIGH FLYER

Post by clare_1 »

Course you can. Its just the same as any HIIT.

You go steady until warmed up, then go as hard as you can for as long as you can (id say 1 min max or you arent working hard enough), then steady until you recover, then repeat say 5-10 times. :)
Boopster
REGULAR

Re: HIIT

Post by Boopster »

JP1234 wrote:How can I do this on a stationary bike? Or can I?

Thanks

Jim
Get your arse off the seat and pedal with as much resistance as you can for 30 -45 seconds in between levels. I do this 2 times a week and it kicks a$$! Good luck!
ketchuplover
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ketchuplover »

Is HIIT high intensity interval training? I use an instride walker every other day. I do 200 strides(both legs) or about 3 minutes every hour for 10 hours(sometimes not consecutively). endurance is low hence the short time. Am I getting the same benefit as one 30 minute session? Am I wasting time? Will losing weight increase endurance? I'd like to increase endurance. I'm 5'9" 197lbs. 48y/o "diet" isn't the healthiest either. I'd appreciate any answers,comments,suggestions,or critiques on any of the above material. Nice site you have here. Apologies if I should've posted this elsewhere. Thank you for your attention :D
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

it works better sitting down because iut;'s harder, try riding up a hill without getting out of the seat
JP1234
STARTING OUT

Post by JP1234 »

Thanks guys. I think I have it. I have been riding stationary bikes for over 4 years. Kept it at a steady reisistance and got heart rate average between 135 to 150. I know body was getting used to this and I would increase the intensity.

With the HIIT, I get heart rate to higher levels, don't ride as long, 28 minutes, don't burn as many calories according to the bike program, but totally feel wiped out at the end.

Going to try it with swimming today.