10 x 3 for fat loss

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Defineme77
STARTING OUT

10 x 3 for fat loss

Post by Defineme77 »

Is it just me or was this program changed? I remember before it being one day alone for cardio (HILT). This program has it grouped into one session? I thought for fat loss it was benefical to have your full body workout one day and then HILT the next? I don't know but insight would be appreciated I could just be confusing two different programs.

The Program

Day 1

Weight Training
Exercises: Deadlifts, Chin-ups or Pulldowns, Barbell Front or Hack Squats, Dips or Decline Bench Press
Sets: 10
Reps: 3
Rest: 45 seconds between sets
Load: 75% of 1RM (10 repetition maximum)
Note: Perform all 10 sets of each exercise before moving to the next. This method remains constant throughout the program.

Fat-Burning Booster
Exercise: Cycle Sprints
Method: Low intensity pedaling for 60 seconds followed by 30 seconds sprinting
Duration: 10 minutes

Day 2

Rope Jumping

Day 3: Off

Day 4

Weight Training
Exercises: Back Squats, Seated or Bent-over Rows, Romanian Deadlifts, Standing Military Press
Sets: 10
Reps: 3
Rest: 45 seconds
Load: 75% of 1RM

Fat-Burning Booster
Exercise: Walk/Sprint
Method: Walk for 60 seconds, sprint for 30 seconds

Day 5: Off

Day 6

Rope Jumping
Duration: 11 minutes

Day 7: Off

Day 8

Repeat Cycle
Perform this program for 4 weeks.

Progression

Day 1

Weight Training — Decrease the rest periods by 5 seconds on Week 2. Increase the load by 1.5 to 2% on Weeks 3 and 4.

Fat-Burning Booster — Increase the total duration by 90 seconds with each subsequent workout.

Day 2

Rope Jumping — Increase the duration by 60 seconds.

Day 4

Weight Training — Increase the load by 1.5 to 2% on Week 2. Decrease the rest periods by 5 seconds on Weeks 3 and 4.

Fat-Burning Booster — Increase the total duration by 90 seconds with each subsequent workout.

Day 6

Rope Jumping — Increase the duration by 60 seconds.
Mystik
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Mystik »

It's fine to do cardio on the same day as weights. Just remember to do the weight training first and finish with the cardio. It would be better to do the cardio on it's own day, but not necessary.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

well for fat loss you should be in a calorie deficit so if your energy intake is low, then you shouldn't be able to train hard everyday or you'll get run down...you need quite a bit of muscle already for this to work properly so if you don't, i'd opt for something else
Defineme77
STARTING OUT

Post by Defineme77 »

Thanks! I thought that was a bit advanced for me. I saw for fat loss and got excited. I was confusing two different progams. Originally I was doing the waterbury method which is much more suitable for fitness leve. lt's just those damn dips there so hard to do is there a comparable exercise?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

bench dips
YasinH
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by YasinH »

swanso::

on the waterbury method.. When u do chinups 10X3 do u just do ur own body weight?..cause that is wayyyy too easy for me.. i am a former boxer so i can do enough of these with perfect form,since all we do is focus on strength!..
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

boxers aren;t strong and don;t do anywhere enough strength work actually

add wt if you need to
YasinH
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by YasinH »

swanso5 wrote:boxers aren;t strong and don;t do anywhere enough strength work actually

add wt if you need to
swanso..i appreciate ur feedback, thats why i ask it...but please lets leave the insults out.. you are entitled to ur opinion but until you dont step in to the ring, u wont realize how strong boxers really are..

lets play nice or not play at all! lol
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

no insults just treelling the truth in genral, they don't lift heavy enough wts...it's as simple as that

toughness and strength are 2 very complete different things, get them confused at your own peril

how strong are you?