Hey all, new and wanting comments on exercise plan please

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

lisa82
STARTING OUT

Hey all, new and wanting comments on exercise plan please

Post by lisa82 »

Hey all, I'm new here and have started exercise plan 3 weeks ago. Anyone with any comments/advice would be appreciated.
Go easty on me though please as I am trying!
I'm 26 female 5'7 and 195lbs. goal is 140lbs.

Monday- 45min spin class
45min pilates class
45min dance class
45min body pump (weights) class

Tuesday- 45min spin class
45min boxercise class
45min pilates class

Thursday- 45min spin class
45min body pump (weights) class

Friday- 45min spin class

I'm also counting calories and aiming for 1500 a day, but some days i have too many like 1800 or 1900, and some days 1400.

Thanks for looking and any comments welcome x
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Too many, no you have enough.

You're exercising, so you need about 2,100. Bare minimum for sedentary Women, 1,500, more like 1,800, add to that around a good 300 for reasonable exercise levels, and even when you get 1,900 you're a little on the low side, and could get a bit more.

So don't worry about the calories, if anything a little more here and there would be beneficial to fuel exercise, and help with any muscle progression and Fat loss.
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

I'm confused. Are you doing all that cardio in one day or are you choosing one from that list and do that cardio/weight on that particular day? What types of foods are you eating? Calories mean nothing if you're not eating the right kind of food. Read the sticky in Diet and Nutrition section or see a licensed nutritionist for your specific dietary needs.
lisa82
STARTING OUT

Post by lisa82 »

Boopster wrote:I'm confused. Are you doing all that cardio in one day or are you choosing one from that list and do that cardio/weight on that particular day? What types of foods are you eating? Calories mean nothing if you're not eating the right kind of food. Read the sticky in Diet and Nutrition section or see a licensed nutritionist for your specific dietary needs.
Sorry for confusion, I'm doing all those classes on those days. I'm not eating processed foods, just fruit, veg, meats and rice/pasta. And am cooking all meals from scratch.

Boss man- thank-you for your comment

Lisa x
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

WAY TOO MUCH CARDIO.....not enough weights.

Day 1 weights
Day 2 HIIT cardio
Day 3 OFF
Day 4 weights
Day 5 cardio
Day 5 weights
Day 6 Off or HIIT cardio
Day 7 Off or HIIT cardio

Eat 6 small meals daily 3-4 hours apart. Limit the rice and pasta.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

with allt he cardio you're doing now, i'd take it all out, do 3 days of wts a week and wait for the changes to happen in 6 weeks