good workout plan

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

R_Yates69
STARTING OUT

good workout plan

Post by R_Yates69 »

Ok I read the "read before posting" but I want something specific to what I"m looking for. I'm 6'1 185lbs. I am not HUGE not am i RIPPED. I have a bit of a on me and would like to shred that off and get some bulk, but cut. A lot of ppl look bulky but when they have their shirt off they almost look fat.
Help?
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

you cant bulk and cut at the same time you need to pick one and go for it.

im 5'10" and the same weight as you but i want to gain weight.

if i were you id go for bulk,eating the right foods though. alot of people who say theyre on a bulk just eat whatever the hell they want,justifying it as part of their "bulk".

id go down the route of full body workouts too.
R_Yates69
STARTING OUT

Post by R_Yates69 »

RK19 wrote:you cant bulk and cut at the same time you need to pick one and go for it.

im 5'10" and the same weight as you but i want to gain weight.

if i were you id go for bulk,eating the right foods though. alot of people who say theyre on a bulk just eat whatever the hell they want,justifying it as part of their "bulk".

id go down the route of full body workouts too.
I work a body part a day now, but I do not want to eat the wrong things to bulk and just create a bunch of fat ontop of muscle. What type of foods are good to get ripped.?
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

go for full body workouts 3x a week working all major muscle groups=

legs=squats, deadlifts,lunges,reverse lunges

back=pullups, row variations

chest=bench press,flat, incline,decline

shoulders=clean and press,military press

bis/tris=chinups,reverse grip curls,diamond pushups

all lean meats are fair game,beans,veggies,eggs,low fat cheeses,nuts etc.
R_Yates69
STARTING OUT

Post by R_Yates69 »

RK19 wrote:go for full body workouts 3x a week working all major muscle groups=

legs=squats, deadlifts,lunges,reverse lunges

back=pullups, row variations

chest=bench press,flat, incline,decline

shoulders=clean and press,military press

bis/tris=chinups,reverse grip curls,diamond pushups

all lean meats are fair game,beans,veggies,eggs,low fat cheeses,nuts etc.
Cool, thanks a lot! I usually do like 5 workouts a body part, is that too much?
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

you mean like 5 exercises per body part? if so then yes thats overkill. stick to compound lifts like the list above,keep the isolation lifts to a minimum and stick to freeweights,most machines wont give you the proper range of motion.

i take it you workout everyday without a rest inbetween? bad idea, your body needs time to repair itself.remember you dont grow in the gym-you grow when your resting.
R_Yates69
STARTING OUT

Post by R_Yates69 »

RK19 wrote:you mean like 5 exercises per body part? if so then yes thats overkill. stick to compound lifts like the list above,keep the isolation lifts to a minimum and stick to freeweights,most machines wont give you the proper range of motion.

i take it you workout everyday without a rest inbetween? bad idea, your body needs time to repair itself.remember you dont grow in the gym-you grow when your resting.
I usually try to rest on weekends, i'll work out 5 days a week. How many sets/reps would you say I should do with the workouts above? I usually do anywhere from 5-8 exercises a body part with 3 reps of 10.
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

you need rest days inbetween or you wont recover properly. for fullbody workouts mon,wed,fri is all you need. rest the other days,if your doing it properly you will need those days!

for set/rep range i would use 6 sets of 4 reps. you may think that high reps are good but think about it this way=

bench press for example: 3sets of 10 reps using a 50kg weight for the 10 reps=1500kg lifted

10sets of 3 reps using a 70kg weight for the 3 reps=2100kg lifted

see what im getting at? its the same volume but your lifting alot heavier weight with low reps,resulting in more strength and size gains.
chopper123
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by chopper123 »

you need rest days inbetween or you wont recover properly. for fullbody workouts mon,wed,fri is all you need. rest the other days,if your doing it properly you will need those days!

for set/rep range i would use 6 sets of 4 reps. you may think that high reps are good but think about it this way=

bench press for example: 3sets of 10 reps using a 50kg weight for the 10 reps=1500kg lifted

see what im getting at? its the same volume but your lifting alot heavier weight with low reps,resulting in more strength and size gains.

is that for bulking :?: rk19
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

if youre in a bulking phase then yes you could use this set/rep range. you dont need to do this, i was more trying to point out that low reps/heavy weight is better than high reps/light weight. but i personally use the 6x4 for most of heavy lifts.
chopper123
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by chopper123 »

ok thanks sorry to hi jack the thread by the way
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

Ok I read the "read before posting" but I want something specific to what I"m looking for.
how isn't it? there's only one way to eat....
R_Yates69
STARTING OUT

Post by R_Yates69 »

RK19 wrote:you need rest days inbetween or you wont recover properly. for fullbody workouts mon,wed,fri is all you need. rest the other days,if your doing it properly you will need those days!

Ok so what does doing a lot of reps with light weight get you? Cut i'm guessing?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

nothing really, builds endurance if that's what you want but limited muscle and no strength
R_Yates69
STARTING OUT

Post by R_Yates69 »

swanso5 wrote:nothing really, builds endurance if that's what you want but limited muscle and no strength
Ok, I never knew this. And all this time i have been doing 5-8 workouts a body party, doing 3 sets of 10. Glad I found this forum. So the workout provided above by RK19 should bulk me up nicely?