question about typical workout

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

r6kid
STARTING OUT

question about typical workout

Post by r6kid »

Hey guys - ive been working out for just under a year now on and off.
usual routine goes like:

monday/wednesday/friday/sunday are workout days. I have one day of rest in between. (sometimes ill skip sunday so it doesnt screw up the routine)

usual routine includes:

Chest, Back, Bi's, and Tri's, and Abs

I do 3 exercises per group listed above and 3 sets each (and do it in a pyramind fashion [10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps all dependent on fatigue])

on 'off days' i still workout abs and do cardio everyday.

Is this a good plan or should i be doing something totally different.
Also, i have 8 weeks until i go to mexico and im trying to trim myself down a bit and achieve some definition in each of the groups.

Thanks alot
r6kid
STARTING OUT

Post by r6kid »

sorry - also forgot to mention, im mainly focusing on upper body, i should be doing lowers and on some of the off days that i do abs/cardio - ill also throw in some squats & lunges, and i ALWAYS include deadlifts in one of workout days.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- no legs no results
- you're better off with a full body approach which burns far more cals per session then any bodypart session will
- search the waterbury method and do as written
- as far as fat loss goes, it's all diet buddy so et that organised...go to diet section and read "read before posting..."
Baseballkid14
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Baseballkid14 »

Your working our each muscle group too much. WOrk out 1 - 3 muscle groups each day (probably 2). Dont do the same one 4 days a week.