Jocelyn's 1/2 Marathon Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Jocelyn's 1/2 Marathon Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote:I am in the corporate jet on way to California right now :mrgreen: It is pretty sweet - I
that is pretty cool. You are certainly moving on up. :wink: but you know what you deserve it!! You are definitely a hard worker in all you try. :D

have you ever heard of this race. http://www.ragnarrelay.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they have one in chicago and one that starts in winona and goes up to the cities. you switch off in a relay for 24 hours running with friends. I would like to do one some day. Not this year though. :lol: that might be something fun for you to do?? I suggested it to sister who runs too. :funny: because i want to do it and wish i could so i think maybe you guys would too.

Here's the winona one.

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/greatriver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Good to hear from you. I hope everything will be ok with your health. Good luck!
Chilling with the VP's... that's pretty cool :thumb:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:hilling with the VP's... that's pretty cool :thumb:
That is pretty cool! :clap: She probably will be one before you know it. :wink: :wink:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Haha, far from it Becky! I am still a peon at work :lol: the trip went well but they were really long hours so I didn't get to run. And the jet broke down when we were about to leave so instead of putting us in a hotel and letting us fly out in the morning, we had to fly from Palm Springs at 6 pm, had a 5 hour layover in Seattle, then flew to Minneapolis at 12:30 am - we landed in Minneapolis at 6:00 am, then had to drive 2.5 hours to get home. Oh yeah, did I mention I went to work at 5 am the morning before we left :bugeyes: To say the least, I was a bit tired...

I had some crazy foot pain this morning (almost fell over) and it reminded me if a couple of years ago when I had a benign tumor in foot. The pain came on in a split second and was unbearable, exactly what happened 2 summers ago. I went in and sure enough, the rumor is flaring up again - maybe that's the wrong term, it's more like it's just pinching a nerve again. Last time the pain went away in a few days so I'm hopeful this will too. I have the Freak 5k on Saturday and I am determined not to let this stop me!!!

Becky, I have heard of the Ragnar. Some friends want me to do it this year but it is super expensive and I'm not sure I want to spend so much time training for a long run. I have noticed when I focus on so much running, I stop losing weight. I need a better balance so shorter runs seem to work better for me. Then I don't feel like I have to run every day and I can do other workouts as well.

Hope everyone is having a great week :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope the foot pain went away and good luck on your run this weekend! :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope it went well today and wasn't too cold. It's rainy and not cold out but not warm either right now where i am. Not sure where your race is located...
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

The Freak 5k was pure insanity :shock: body has never been through such a grueling workout - EVER!!! The 5k took us 2 hours to complete :shock: I accomplished things in this race that I never thought I would ever do. To put things in perspective - the parts that we were physically able to actually run were the rest periods :wowzer: I don't think there is an inch of body that isn't screaming in pain right now!! I even got stabbed in the leg by a stick and I didn't even notice it until I saw it hanging there :funny:

I climbed piles of mud 50 feet high, then down the other side (scary), walked through a pool of ice water, maneuvered over beer barrels strung across a pond, climbed hills so steep we were basically crawling (up and down 4 times), jumped off a 30 foot high platform into a lake, sludged through more mud than I have seen in life... Right now I can't even think of the rest... And finished by crawling through a sewer pipe and up and out through a port-a-potty :Hahabonk:

Through the majority of this race I was terrified. Part of the reason we took so long was because after the first mud hill a girl fell and popped her knee out of place - the rest of her team was ahead of her and none of them stopped so we did until help came. As terrifying as some of it was, and as much as I was cursing myself for signing up, in the end I had fun and I'm glad I did it. body is in rough shape (stab mark from stick, scratches all over arms and legs, knees all torn up), but I am proud to say I conquered it :)

I will post some pictures later this week when I get them - we had a team members sister taking photos at certain spots along the route so hopefully they turned out!

The weather was cold Becky - it wasn't even 60 degrees (not normal for june!!!) and a storm had just moved through and dumped a couple inches if rain so the route was even muddier than normal! Some of the mud pits were knee deep - several people lost a shoe so they continued barefoot!!! Mine came close to coming off a few times, luckily I was able to save them :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

That sounds pretty treacherous! To be honest these races sound harder than basic training in the military was... great job jocelyn. :clap: :clap:
feelin-great wrote:up and out through a port-a-potty :Hahabonk:
Hopefully it wasn't used. :funny:
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE Jocelyn, I'm really proud of you and I'm sending you a BIG HUG as well.

You've had your problems in the last 18 months or so, but you've never given up on yourself or allowed certain things to overcome you and that's a significant step compared to how you used to be mentally and emotionally and you deserve to be proud of yourself, because I think you're pretty amazing :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

saw this quote and thought of you.. I think you mentioned once trying to smile even when you didn't want too. :sunshine:

"when you smile about the life you live, you end up living a life worth smiling about! "
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Have you had much flooding in la crosse? I'm sure you have i know we have!! I know there is a nuclear power plant in Red Wing and one up north too i can't remember what city on the rivers!! I hope they are prepared for this much rain and flooding. the news hasn't mentioned it so i'm assuming it's safe?? Hope you guys aren't having too much.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

feelin-great wrote:The Freak 5k was pure insanity :shock: body has never been through such a grueling workout - EVER!!! The 5k took us 2 hours to complete :shock: I accomplished things in this race that I never thought I would ever do. To put things in perspective - the parts that we were physically able to actually run were the rest periods :wowzer: I don't think there is an inch of body that isn't screaming in pain right now!! I even got stabbed in the leg by a stick and I didn't even notice it until I saw it hanging there :funny:

I climbed piles of mud 50 feet high, then down the other side (scary), walked through a pool of ice water, maneuvered over beer barrels strung across a pond, climbed hills so steep we were basically crawling (up and down 4 times), jumped off a 30 foot high platform into a lake, sludged through more mud than I have seen in life... Right now I can't even think of the rest... And finished by crawling through a sewer pipe and up and out through a port-a-potty :Hahabonk:

Through the majority of this race I was terrified
. Part of the reason we took so long was because after the first mud hill a girl fell and popped her knee out of place - the rest of her team was ahead of her and none of them stopped so we did until help came. As terrifying as some of it was, and as much as I was cursing myself for signing up, in the end I had fun and I'm glad I did it. body is in rough shape (stab mark from stick, scratches all over arms and legs, knees all torn up), but I am proud to say I conquered it :)

I will post some pictures later this week when I get them - we had a team members sister taking photos at certain spots along the route so hopefully they turned out!

The weather was cold Becky - it wasn't even 60 degrees (not normal for june!!!) and a storm had just moved through and dumped a couple inches if rain so the route was even muddier than normal! Some of the mud pits were knee deep - several people lost a shoe so they continued barefoot!!! Mine came close to coming off a few times, luckily I was able to save them :D

I am terrified just by reading your description of the race :shock: :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I'm scared of your race girl... but I'm glad you did it! GOOD JOB!.. where's the pix? :P
Kiba42
STARTING OUT

Post by Kiba42 »

I was just checking out your journal. That sounds like an awesome race and great job for finishing! The whole thing sounds really intense. And it was really cool and nice of you to wait with the hurt girl.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Jocelyn hope you are going to come back and see us!! :sunshine: Also hope your half marathon training is going well?? If you decided to do it?? matter of fact hope your life is going well. :)

I know someone that did the whole30 program. http://whole30.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; she had migranes all the time. and so far since doing the program she hasn't had any?? have you ever tried eliminating gluten from your diet or dairy that is what the whole 30 program would do. It might be helpful. I know you eat pretty healthy along with Nokie too. Just a suggestion if you still are having them.

Hope all is well. :sunshine: :sunshine: