Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by Boss Man »

I'm not sure what is going on with your Father Chris, but GOOD LUCK, chin up and be strong.

I appreciate it may be a tough period for you in the coming weeks and months, but I'm sure you have what it takes to stand tall and show him that his, no doubt, positive influences on you as a child, have never stopped being worth something :).

Keep believing and know there's plenty of people on here, myself included, that are behind you and if you ever need to talk or it gets too much, I'm always here for members for personal one to ones, so PM me anytime if like okay :).

:thumb: :thumb:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Well I did walk home again yesterday and, surprise, I did body weight workout last night! :bugeyes: I have been doing good with walking during the week and I will of course keep that up. I have redone March schedule of workouts and have decreased the number of workouts for the week to four. I am hitting the weights again in March and I am looking forward to some nice muscle tone. February was good, I am feeling the muscles starting to work again.

Thanks Boss Man! Dad is going through cancer treatments. He has always been so healthy and active (and stubborn, probably where I get it from) that it was a bit of a shock. I think the prognosis is good but it won't be easy for him. Thanks for the pep talk, always appreciated. I love your kind attitude. Remember that goes both ways if you need us.

Enjoy your trip Bama! Can't wait to have you back again.
Great workout FitMo! Great idea on the meditation practice. It will definitely help you. :thumb:
BBL!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning sisters,

On tap for today Mari Winsor 20 minute Pilates workout and Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing

I have a lot of cooking to do and some other stuff too, so will be a busy day. A nice birthday for hubby yesterday and a wonderful evening too.

First of all Bama, have a safe trip and enjoy the shops.

Molasses, hope you got that yoga and meditation in today.

Chris, great job on the workouts and I will be setting up March schedule this weekend. February has been a good one too and will finish it off today with Mari and more walking. Chris, your dad sounds like dad and father in law....plus I am a stubborn gal too and I had a triple dose of it with a mother and father who were also and grandparents on both sides LOL

Well off to other morning checks before some sustenance and Mari and a hot oven etc LOL

Have a wonderful Friday and nice weekend sisters,

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

One key thing about your Father's situation Chris is that he will have you there for him at various times and I'm sure that will be great comfort for him :).

Big C claimed the life of one of elderly relatives over 20 years ago, but with any luck your Father will get the justice he deserves from all this and be around in your life a lot longer and have the freedom from it given to him :).

Chin up, be strong and best wishes :thumb:.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Strength training for me today; same as the other day, only held the front plank 90 sec. and side planks 45 sec, and added a set of bicep curls, triceps headbangers and French press.

Happy Saturday, Sweat Sisters~
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Great workout Molasses.

I got in a major RLW today with dusting and cleaning the bathrooms from top to bottom all on a miserable night's sleep with 3 pit stops and then forever to get back to sleep. back feels like someone is cracking it....so I'd say I burned a lot of calories with the bending, cleaning etc LOL

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Be careful with some of that workout FA50. If you're doing side planks on the palms of your hands, use the forearms to rest on.

Also be careful of doing 2x the work on triceps, as otherwise you could become tricep dominant in the future and affect the movement of your arms, so I'd add another bicep exercise in.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Happy Sunday, everyone,

Yoga for Strength for me today.

Thanks for the warning on balancing arm muscles, Boss--at the moment, I have some biceps, but no triceps muscles to speak of, so when I think of it, I try to give them a little love. When I do yoga, I really notice lack of triceps strength in chaturanga.

Yikes, hope that back is feeling better, Sue.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Molasses, great workout this a.m. and I pulled out a plank variation workout and was looking at it and they also made a point to do them on your forearms, like Bossman said.

Yes Molasses, much better in the back department with heating pad while watching shows last night and plus took a faux ibuprofen.

Well off to checks in, mail, breakfast and a very much needed "me day" LOL

Chris, hope your weekend is going well and continued prayers for your dad.

Bama, can't wait to have you back with us.

Dianna, if you are looking in.... :wave: and hope all is going well.

Have a nice Sunday ladies,

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi again sisters

Here's February's report and March's plan:

February was another excellent month both eating and workout wise too. Had 2 morning workouts I missed due to shopping but made up with lots of walking but no other missed workouts. Still on track with chocolate for the month and with the PB, as I had PB for lunch for a number of days and Sunday breakfasts too. daily fruit was great in addition to breakfast and lunch again for most of this month. Got Vitamin D for the month.

Start date for March will be March 2nd, Weeks 1 & 2 MWF will do the workout I didn't get to for the month of January and replaced with Mari Winsor's Pilates...Week 1 & 2 will do Band workout with Resistance tube (chest press, chest fly, standing row, reverse fly, overhead press, lateral raise, upright row, biceps curl, Overhead triceps extension and Squats - 2 sets of 12. Evening workouts for Monday will be walking for weeks 1 & 2 and still thinking about weeks 3 & 4. Didn't get the time I normally do to devote to going through workouts. Tuesday/Thursday evenings for the month will do an Evening workout of walking/jogging in place/dancing

Food goals: Food goals remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which has been going very well. Plus continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week (and continue to have peanut butter too). Also going to cut down on the ice cream and try making more fruit based desserts. In addition am loving our yummy soups from Campbell's and having a half can it gives us 2 dinners and also tummy likes it too LOL Lots of veggies...plus even the ones we buy are low sodium and we will be splitting the ones we eat together, so we each get half and have them over rice, egg noodles, too along with just the half can with some saltines and a small slice of French bread. Plus we still have some of our own lasagna left we made up. Plus soon will be making our own manicotti too....so will have a plethora of great meals. I still have some fish left over last month's shopping in the freezer so will be set till we go shopping again, have a salmon fillet, and 2 Alaskan Pollock's too. In addition to the other frozen dinners we will be making up for ourselves, also some pastry dinners too with lots of veggies. Will try the Pillsbury pastry first to make sure we even like them. Can also make up some calzones too with our pizza dough. So we are very excited about our fare.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Yay on a great Feb. for you, Sue! Looks like a good plan for March, too. :) Glad your back is feeling better.

I used to do front planks on palms till I read that forearm planks challenge the core more, so that's what I've been doing for a few months now. The side planks I do with straight arms though, as one of yoga DVDs has the Side Arm Balance and I need the practice on those. :tonguepoke:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main reason not to do side planks resting on the palms, is not primarily any subtle differences in core stimulation, but the fact that you're load bearing a lot of weight on areas like the ulna and scaphoid bone, the metacarpal bones and carpal tunnel, which is ill advised.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning all,

Workout for me this morning was Full Body Strength . An old workout from an Old and I mean Old Prevention Magazine . Using 10 and 15 # weights , 2 sets of 15 .

Chest Fly, Chest Press, dumbbell pullover, bent over roll. Lateral raise(only 5# on this) Shoulder press and Biceps curl, triceps and crunches .
Lower body:
Squat on the ball against the wall, lunges( Oh I hate those only did 15) Step Ups, Hip flexion. Hip Extension, Hip adduction , Hip abduction, Calf Raises and Trunk Extension .

That's all folks. I will probably be one tired puppy tomorrow.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Just a hello from me. This is March break week for the kids so schedule will be out of whack. Worst thing will be no walks to work. :cry: Well I will just have to get those lunchtime walks in and evening workouts.
Wow Bama great workout!!Looks like you hit every muscle group with that. Excellent job!
That is some great insight Boss Man. Thanks for the tips. I will definitely remember that when doing planks. Thanks for the words on Dad. We are hoping his treatment will be done by Easter and his birthday which is shortly after.
Thanks Sue had a good weekend. Glad your back is doing better and good luck with your plan.
Great workouts this weekend Mo! You reminded me I need to add in some planks this month. Thanks!
BBL!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Tired and had another terrible night's sleep, stomach isn't doing well this a.m., and the toes on left foot are hurting too...as for workout today will give Band (handled) workout with Resistance tube (chest press, chest fly, standing row, reverse fly, overhead press, lateral raise, upright row, biceps curl, Overhead triceps extension and Squats - 2 sets of 12.t and Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing a try and see what happens.

Thanks on the February workouts and you had a great month too. Gotcha on the planks.

Bama, friend, welcome back and hope the weekend went well. I have a lot of those "old, very old" Prevention and other workouts too!

Love the "that's all folks"....have a good day.

Good luck with the kids this week Chris and getting in those walks also. Glad the weekend was a good one and the luck on this month's plan.

Taking grouchy self off line.

Have a good day,

Sue