Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning sisters,

Well we hit a high of 91 yesterday for the day....nicer today with only in the mid 80s. Glad I cleaned the fans, and yes even Mr. A/C got a workout.

Today RLW's with bathrooms to be cleaned from top to bottom.

Molasses, great walk on Mr. Treadmill. Sounds like you had a nice day.

Well off to get the day started. tummy has had better nights and mornings...hoping I don't have to give up spinach next as I had that last night with orzo and salmon.

Have a nice weekend,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Strength training for me this morning.

Sorry about your stomach, Sue, and hope it feels better soon.

Happy Saturday, everyone!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Nice workout this a.m., Molasses. Thanks, it's feeling better now...

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters and Happy Sunday,

A nice sunny day here but not your temps Sue,

I took yesterday off but I did get over 10000 steps on fitbit zip so I considered that a workout .

So far today no workout but think Mr. Dreadmill will get a workout this afternoon . Work off some of the Steak that DH is grilling today . I too do not like two days off in a roll .

Great workouts everyone . Let's keep it up . We are doing great .

Sue glad to hear you are feeling better . :clap:

Hugs
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Baron Baptiste Power Yoga Level One this morning. I found a hot yoga deal again on Groupon (10 classes for $24, a great deal which got more expensive when I invited DD and then her DH to come along :tongue: ) , so I'm looking forward to starting that maybe this week.

Great job on all that stepping yesterday, Bama! Happy Sunday to you, too, thanks! :thumb:

Glad you are feeling better, Sue, so you can thoroughly enjoy your Sunday. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone~
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Bama I always take the weekend off, however, with all the cleaning and stuff I do, I get plenty of 'Real Life Movement' in LOL

MMMMM oh I wanna come to your house for dinner...I love love love steak....medium rare for me LOL with a nice baked potato and salad on the side LOL

Have fun on Mr. Dreadmill today.

Great workout this a.m, Molasses, and glad your DD and hubby joined you on the hot yoga deal.

Thanks Molasses I am planning on enjoying "me day". Clean sheets on bed, Lucy is taking care of the dirty ones.

Used a bit too much hot sauce last night and stomach is rebelling this a.m.

Well I am off to check mail....and off to breakfast and then a "cherry blossom filled day".

Have a nice Sunday,

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Baked potato works with steak but mashed edges it every time :tongue:.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Yep, Bossman . Bake potatoes sliced in half with onions/butter than wrapped and thrown on the grill . Now that's some eating .

Morning Sisters,

Dug out one of Body Pump workouts plus 20 on the Dreadmill. That's all for me for now

Sunday I did get an Ellen Barrett Walking workout 40 minutes . This is an old WW dvd.

So I'm moving on up with changing workouts .

If you do the same old thing then you remain the same old way ! Someone said that !!!!! :D
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning Sisters,

On tap for today 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen Warm Up, Total Body Pilates for Abs, and Pilates for Flexibility and Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing

No mashing for me Bossman, I eat out the potato and then cut up the skin and eat that and NO BUTTER....don't like butter so only a little sour cream with some pepper and a little salt now....years ago when I was young a LOT Of salt.

Bama, great workout yesterday and this morning too. Yes, gotta switch it up......"variety is the spice of life"

Chris, hope all is well.

Molasses, hope all is well with you too.

Was woken up by a LOUD SNORING HUBBY at 3:30 a.m., so had to close the bedroom door, and go out to chair and crunch myself in there. Heard him get up and he opened the door as I could "see the light" and and didn't hear any noise....so I went back to the bed and finally went to sleep again. So a tired lady this a.m., and achy so Suzanne will have to "loosen old bones up" LOL

Have a good day,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Got up and out early this morning, so no workout yet. I do have a VHS Stotts Pilates that I picked up from the free bin at the library last week, so I may try that later. Or it may end up a rest day. We shall see! I went with DH to the DMV (yay--he passed his written test for the tractor trailer license, so now will see if the driving school that he went to before will do the tractor trailer training/DMV driving test). Afterward we went to Trader Joe's, so that was fun.

Hope your workout loosened you up, Sue! Sorry about the bad night.

Mmm, Bama, that does sound like a yummy potato! I love home fries with onion. Great workouts, and great idea to change them up. I'm a big fan of variety. :wink:

Mashed potatoes are the original comfort food, Boss Man! :thumb:

Hi, Chris, hope you aren't digging out from more snow!

Have a great evening, everyone!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Molasses, great workout and congrats to hubby on the test. Yup Suzanne, took care of those "aches and pains, and loosened me up". Her stretch part on her videos is always awesome. I never liked mashed potatoes Molasses, as they were made with butter/heavy cream and I HATED BOTH....wouldn't eat "whipped cream either"....I was so happy when Cool Whip came out. grandma was the most awesome baker and she made a banana cream pie to die for....but drove her nuts that I'd scrap the topping off....so she started making mine with nothing on top... dear FIL would wait with bated breath when we went to visit (remember we fixed up the downstairs and basement and lived with them for several years while going to undergraduate school) to see if grandma made a banana cream pie....and when she did he was just so happy and got out his stuff to make whipped cream for him, dear MIL and Chuck....(as even Chuck liked it and he normally didn't eat banana cream pie).....me I brought Cool Whip up and put that on slice and the 3 of them would shake their heads LOL Oh and a favorite for us all was the Boston cream pie she made...it was to die for!

Well now that I have mouth watering I am off to do some more slide style work in Producer LOL

Have a great night ladies, we are watching Clint and Clyde in Every Which Way But Loose...it's Chuck's night on the CSBM network and I will watch the second one Every Which Way You Can on Thursday for night. Tuesday is reserved for man Hunter (and it's a 2 part episode too)....and then I will do a comedy night, one of which will be "more power...more power" with buddy, Tim Allen in Home Improvement.

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters,

Going to be another beautiful day here so need to get out in the yard to do some cleaning up. We always have a lot of pine cones and straw to pick up .

\Congrats to your DH for passing his test . A big difference in what he was doing . And I love Trader Joes but none here and the one in Ohio is clear on the other side of town. They were building a World Food? when we left in February so when it is up and going will be two good reasons to drive there.

Chris missing you this week . Hope all is well.

Sue, glad that Suzanne fixed you right up. Pilates is so good for you . man Hunter I liked him to.

Well this mornings workout was a very old walking tape from the 80's. I am cleaning out some of workouts and thought it looked interesting and decided to use it this morning . Well get another workout in this afternoon . This was only 15 minutes of walking or I should say jogging and then 15 of weights. The straight 15 minutes of jogging was kinda tough as I have never done it for that length of time . Usually just intervals .

Happy Tuesday All.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Good morning, Sweat Sisters,

I didn't crack open "new" video yesterday after all, so it was a rest day. Strength training today.

Sounds like a great workout, Bama! Glad your feet help up through that. I'm not familiar with World Food, but TJ's always has something good. :) Enjoy your time outside, soaking up some sunshine. :sunshine:

Great workout for you, too, Sue! The banana cream pie sounds delish--and I'd let you keep all the Cool Whip in favor of whipping cream!

Thanks for the congrats to DH. He called the driving school and they can do his TT lessons in the mornings before he has to go to work, so that so that should work out fine.

Hope all is well, Chris.

Have a great day, everyone~

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

On tap workout wise Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing

Bama, nice day here too, back to our 70s PTL

Good luck with the yard work, Chuck was very allergic to the grass and bushes, etc., so that was job at the house in Sacto....I liked it, but then I grew up doing it for dad..."no first born son"....hence me becoming a "tomboy/girly girl" LOL I liked the tomboy part best LOL

Yes, Mari is the reason I am at the weight I am today.....well Mari, weight workouts and walking and as Chuck says " perseverance".

Sounds like a fun workout this a.m., Bama.

Molasses....yes, you and everyone else in family, at least, liked whipped cream LOL

Oh so glad DH can get the lesson in the mornings before work. That's wonderful.

Chris, hope all is well with you and the family.

Well off to "clean the vacuum"....sadness of the heart as it hasn't been done for a while now, just another reminder of our "sweetie's passing"....off now before I start blubbering again....

Sue

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Ok ladies, it's your turn to see if you can name the sounds.....I got 10 out of 10!

http://www.att.com/t/thread/create/ente ... medium=TXW

Sue