Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Alabama 1
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by Alabama 1 »

Ahh, Chris that is so sweet of you to pop in on Sunday. I noticed too that you had and you don't usually .

I use barkeeper on stainless steel sinks . I will have to give the other a try.

Well I have a day and a half today. Raining all day here and we went out to go to Meijers for some groceries and pulled out the drive way and I told DH that something was wrong with the car . Oh yes we had a flat tire . The only good think about it was it didn't happen on the interstate. Soo since DD has car I had to walk over to sons (he works nights and was still asleep) to borrow his air pump. Got the tire pump up and took it the our Mechanic and he fixed it right away . A piece of metal in it. So all is good now still behind in unpacking and no structured workout but been running around today so I will count it as exercise

Tomorrow a workout for sure , but I think I already told you that I left dumbbells in Bama . Priced them today and will not be buying any . 1.00 a pound . Will make good with bands and lighter weight . May do body some good with a change. LOL
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Chris, us too, here a double stainless sink and the one side has peeling on it...just can't seem to get it off. Will try the Mr. Clean.

Don't know what barkeeper is, Bama....enlighten me.

Glad you got to the store Bama, but sorry about the flat tire and having to walk in the rain.

Yes weights are expensive and I like bands too. Oh and you can take a water bottle if you have one and fill it up good (or larger one is even better) fill it up and use those and cans too as weights. Had to use those after rehab as didn't have the strength to use any of the weights we had brought from Lousy (only 5 and 10 pounders and way too much for me back then....sad but true!....killed me since I used to lift 40s and 50s and press in the low 100s.

Oh to be young again NOT NOT but healthy yes.

Well off to meds breathing and nap time.

Shopping tomorrow, so wish us luck...

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You can use books to train with also.

Yo use a couple of small thick books or equal size for small muscle and some bigger thick books of equal size to train with for bigger muscle groups

However a free weight setup is always preferable to a dumbbell setup as you can have more flexibility and it's almost certainly cheaper as well, when you need to upgrade what you have.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Thanks Bossman , I saw something at Walmart that I might pick up . I have 5 and 8 pound ones here so I'm not at a complete loss.

Sue see if I can post this

http://www.target.com/p/bar-keepers-fri ... aQodk0EA_A
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Last night was monday rest night. We have heavy rain here and so there will be flooding in low lying areas and basement. Not to worry though ours is a dirt floor basement and the sump pump is all set up and working fine (and has been for more than a week). We always get some flooding at this time of year since we are in the valley with the river. Some years worse than others.

Good luck with your shopping today Sue!
BBL!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good morning all,

Sending good shopping vibes your way today Sue,

Chris I remember a dirt floor basement growing up with Mom and Dad . We also got rain water somewhere in the basement to wash our hair in. I was very young but I remember Mom going down into the basement to get some when time for washing the hair. LOL

No workout for me today either . Plenty of things still to do here but will start back tomorrow .

Sometimes I feel it is good to take some time off. Confuse the body.

BBL
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Hmmm great idea Bossman rehab guy and lady never thought of books.

Lots of walking this a.m. with shopping and Evening workout part 2 of that Men's Workout - Abdominals - Pull Ins 15 reps, Obliques - Twisting Reaches 15 reps on each side, Abdominals - Stiff-Legged reaches - 15 reps, Obliques - Side Bends - 15 reps, Abdominals - Pull Ins 15 reps and Obliques - Twisting Reaches 15 reps.

Thanks Bama, will check it out when I get back home today.

Chris, yuck on the rain but glad you have a sump pump. When Chuck was in Buffalo (before time) his house had a sump pump there too.
Thanks for the good shopping vibes.

Bama, thanks also for the good shopping vibes. You will get plenty of RLW's in today and yes, confusing the body is a good thing LOL

Well off to check mail, eat, put face on, dressed and wait for Handyride...see ya later,

Sue

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Well I am confusing body too, but not in a good way. No workout last night because I sat on the couch and watched a movie with DH. :Hahabonk: It was a good one. We watched the Expendables 3. So time to get the whip out and stop missing those evening workouts.
On the house side of things the bed making habit is sticking well and we haven't missed a day. I am keeping kitchen sink shiny. Now to slowly add all the rest.

Hope you had a good workout last night Sue.
Hope you are getting all organized Bama.
BBL!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Morning Sisters, well I am almost back to normal . Did a lot of cleaning yesterday and almost all unpacked.

Rainy today so we may be in all day . I don't know what he has planned . I know we have to make a trip to Krogers and Walgreens.

DH is happy . Our lawn guy who we usually only use while we are in Bama came and cut the grass yesterday . DH has gotten to wear he doesn't like to do it. I would as I love being outside but he doesn't want me to . I use to always to the lawn until I broke ankle years back and just have never started back. Great exercise I think and No we don't have a push mower . Still good exercise.

Back to workouts this morning got 30 minutes of Strength Training in. Just used 8 pounders after I saw the price of them figured I could make do . I can hold the two of them together if I want to (5 and 8)

Chris there are a couple of movies on Wish list also . Haven't seen the one you watch last night . It's good to spend time with family so don't feel bad about not getting your evening workouts in. I could never do one in the evening . I am strictly a morning person

Morning Sue,

Mo, hope you are enjoying your visit with your Mom.

Happy Hump Day .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

On the run as Terri is coming early today....so no walking yesterday but did get in evening workout. Not much sleep...more later...

As for today....Lots of walking today for shopping and for this evening - Men's Workout (from years back) 12 reps 2 sets for each of the following: Alternate Curls -Biceps, Wall Stretches - Calves, Bent Over Extensions -Triceps, Shoulder - Alternate Presses, Back -Bent Over Rowing, Thighs - Squats, Abdominals - Bent Knee Sit ups, Forearms - Squatting Curls and Chest - Bench Press;

Back later to catch up....

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

A 30 minute walk in the beautiful sunshine today!! :sunshine:

Great workout Bama! I do some exercises in the mornings on weekends.

Sue good luck with shopping! Hope you get your workout in.

Have a great day all!
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey all,
I was feeling a bit bloated yesterday after supper so no ab exercises. I did get out and have brisk walk though. I wanted to rake leaves but I am not supposed to do that yet so I set out for a walk to keep from doing that. I walked for 45 minutes and only needed a light sweater. We had a lovely day yesterday.

Sue sounds like you had a good shopping trip.

BBL!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Did get a workout in this morning.

Chris great on that walk . I am anxious to get down to the local Dam this weekend . Lots of walking trails .

Sue great buys on the Peppers. One of favorite foods. I bought some mini ones at Aldies yesterday . They have some good buys.

Mo, know you are enjoying your time with Mom .

Later everyone .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

On tap today....RLW of vacuuming and Evening workout part 2 of that Men's Workout - Abdominals - Pull Ins 15 reps, Obliques - Twisting Reaches 15 reps on each side, Abdominals - Stiff-Legged reaches - 15 reps, Obliques - Side Bends - 15 reps, Abdominals - Pull Ins 15 reps and Obliques - Twisting Reaches 15 reps.

Molasses, I know you are having fun times with your mom.

Chris, sometimes your body just needs a rest and you got that heart rate up watching the Expendables LOL We loved those movies....big action movie fans here......one of the things Chuck adores me for... love to action and car movies LOL

I see you were a busy lady Bama and almost got yourself and your place all set up. A rainy day helps with wanting to be inside. Ah yes, favorite store in Virginia and elsewhere back east...Kroger....Kroger...Kroger.

Great job on the workouts too.

Nice walk yesterday Chris, and glad the sun was shining too.

I did get workout in last night Chris.

Chris, I see we both had that bloated feeling last night...I hate that feeling. I see you got a nice walk in.

Shopping trip was GRRRREEEEEAAAATTT! As buddy Tony the Tiger would say....

Great workout this a.m. Bama. Yes, I am so happy on those peppers and will have lots of produce cleaning to do....got baking soda ready LOL

Well I am off a busy day ahead,

Sue

Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

whenlifewassimpler wrote:Shopping ship was GRRRREEEEEAAAATTT!
Is that some sort of ship you can buy stuff from, because when I used to go on family holiday's to France on the cross channel ferry, that shop was just called the duty free shop and the ferry was never called a shopping ship :tongue: :tongue: