Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I AM BACK!!! :wave: :D
Had a great time but more on that another time.
Yesterday I went for a morning walk (30-40 min) and in the afternoon went for a bike ride with DH that turned into a walk when his tire blew. :bugeyes: :lol: We knew it was close. Left it with the bike guys to switch out the tire for him and walked home.

Rainy day here today. Busy first day back at work.

TTFN! :)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Afternoon sisters,

Bama sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday except for the ride back in the rain. Bama, $50 is cheap today for sneakers as most are in the 100+ range. Me, I buy them from WM for under $20. Works for me and all the pairs I have had have lasted from 2 to 4 years.

Oh no on the Happy scratches but yes they do get excited when they are alone and their "people come back".

Yeah the sleep thing drives me crazy but it's an age thing so will have to learn to live with it. Yes those nights I sleep like a baby are good one.

We were thinking of getting that Fuller House Bama, as we have the complete Full House season we got last year with our CSBM fund.

Hope the soup came out alright boy I know I loved mom's and grandma's pea soup.

Welcome Back Chris, you were missed, boy I wish I could have "blinked myself there with you" always wanted to go there. Got to Canada a couple of times but not there. Chuck's grandma grew up in that area too.

Great walk yesterday Chris and I see a bike ride too....ooops until hubby got a blown tire...I guess I was lucky all those years never had one on bike. car yes and dad and I laughed so hard as we covered everything but that but both figured it was a POC but no the jack was a PITA.....so next day dad got me a new jack and then had me change the tires (yes all of them) for a couple of hours.

Yeah I remember coming back from vacays at University Med Center and in box over flowing.

Well I am off to meds, breathing and lay down.

Have a good night all,

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters, Glad to see you back Chris, Sorry about the blown tire but you did get a walk in. So that was nice.

Sue, I don't sleep good anymore . I guess it is the age factor . I don't know if many of you know this but when shopping for Chloe's shoe DD decided to get a pair also as they were buy one and get 50% off second pair . Will she was looking in the Girls section and I ask why . She said well since I wear a womans 8 I can wear children's size 6 and they are a lot cheaper than womans. She said a sales clerk told her this > So you gals that wear up to an 8 check it out. She got the very same shoe that was in the womans section for 20$ less.

Going to the dentist today for a cleaning I hope I like them so I don't have to look further .

Workout finished 45 minute walk with some abs and back exercises .

That's all folks for me today . Another nice sunny cool day . I hope fall is on the way .

Soup was good Sue, and Fuller house is cute . i don't think Season 2 is out yet .
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Thanks for the tip, Bama--I wear an 8, too. When I was in college, I would buy jackets in the boys dept because they were cheaper than the juniors, but I never thought of trying on kids' shoes. Or even going back to the boy dept now. :D Yay on your workout! We are having a sunny cool morning, too. I was out pulling weeds and spraying poison sumac and ivy this morning. We are getting hot again tomorrow though. Good luck with your dentist!

Great workout, Sue. Hope you got to everything on your list yesterday.

Good to see you back, Chris, and glad you had a great vacation! Bummer on the blown tire, but yay on the walk and ride!

I'm sure practice helps, Becky, but I do think people have a knack for certain things, too. :)

Hi, YAH! Hope you are having cooler weather, too.

I need to get back to work. Busy week here, catching up from being gone last week, and then getting ready to go away again on Sat. So excited to see the kids this weekend!

Have a great day, everyone!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Back later to catch up as running late....was tired and a slug getting out of bed.....on tap for today workout wise...(Men's Mag Abdominal weight workout....Pull Ins, obliques, stiff legged reaches, side bends, opposite extensions, power crunches, and straddle crunches) 2 sets of 15 reps

Off to a quick mail check, eat, dust and then "other stuff". Wishing you all a great day.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Just returned from a 35 minute walk at lunch. A beautiful day out there. :sunshine: I have tweaked eating again. I have been reading about the Whole 30 challenge and even though I am not ready to do the whole challenge right now (still researching) I changed some foods I have been eating. I have cut grains and legumes for now and will see how I feel after a few weeks. I have drastically reduced sugar and dairy as well. So a lot of meat and veggies and some fruit for me. Last night I was craving something sweet and chocolate so a thawed a banana from the freezer and mashed it up with cocoa. Sounds weird I know but very yummy!!! :D It works!

Morning Sue, enjoy your workout!

Hi FitMo. Glad to see you are getting out a bit and doing some visiting. Funny how the work piles up when we are away. :roll:

Hi Bama, thanks for the tip! I have bought a boys snow suit before. Great workout and best of luck with the dentist.

Hi Becky and YAH! :wave:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters,

Your very welcome on the tip about shoes Chris . i wish I could take advantage of it but foot is bigger than an 8 LOL>

Not much planned today. Think a Hair cut is on the agenda . and just take it easy .

Dentist worked out ok well except for the fact that i need a couple of crowns and a couple of fillings . ok on the fillings but will wait on the crowns. No Dentist insurance for those kind of things so will have to plan on them .

Workout this morning was full body strength (90 squats ) and just 20 minutes on the Treadmill . Maybe some more time on the treadmill this afternoon.

Enjoy the day .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

On tap for today....Men's Mag weight workout (calves, triceps, shoulders, back, tights, abs, forearms, chest) 2 sets of 12 reps in the morning and another set in the evening

Was a slug so late getting up so will be back later to catch up....lots on the "plate" today....so wishing you all a good one.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi, no time to post now as have to go but Mo, I see you did go MN> but if you went on US 2 which is the best and fastest for you I'm sure, you were pretty far from us. If you remember going through Iron Mtn. then it would be about 60 miles straight north from there to come closer to us:) We live on the north side of the U.P.:) I'm sorry but didn't see an email from you but maybe since I was not home this weekend much and going on and off of here somewhere else, may have missed it? Babysat Sat. Night and slept over other son's house though as he was gone on a road trip and son from GB stayed there too so lots of son time this weekend:) Wow, you sure get a lot done in a little time! wish I could get that all done here:) Enjoy and relax a little now and it has been hot still here and humid:( C U all later, :coffee: :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

I was wrong, YAH--we didn't take 2 all the way across the UP, we went north of that. I'd have to get the map out to refresh memory of what the road was--maybe 28? We did go through Ishpeming both ways, turning to go thru Germfask on the way to or from 2. I was sorry not to have been able to meet you, but as I said, we were running pretty late on the way home. And I was emailing from phone so maybe I did something wrong and it didn't get sent. I'll try to plan better the next time! :)

I ran errands and grocery shopped after work today, and can't believe I forgot to buy bananas. They are such a staple at our house--I buy at least 3 bunches a week. Luckily I still have some frozen, but dang. . . . :roll:

Cocoa and banana doesn't sound weird to me, Chris--I like to whip them in the food processor, still frozen, with some vanilla and a scoosh of coconut milk, into a nice ice cream substitute. Sometimes I'll add cacao, and/or PB. I meant to buy some instant coffee today to try a coffee version, but I forgot that, too. :tongue:

Yay on your workout, Sue. Good luck with all your projects today.

Bummer on the crowns and fillings, Bama. I'm in the same boat as far as insurance, but luckily old silver fillings are going gradually, and not all at the same time! Hope your haircut goes well and you have plenty of time to relax!

Hi, Becky! :wave:

Back to list here--enjoy the day, everyone!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Afternoon all, been a busy day . We had to go over on the other side of town which is 45 minutes away to pick up Watch which was being repaired . Only place in town that could it . It was an anniversary present and I wanted to get it fixed. Then I went to the Christmas tree shop Which was another 20 minutes away . I love that shop more than just Christmas stuff , much more . I picked up Exercise Journal for 2017 , They are the only place that I can get the one that I always use. Back home and DIL called and she fell last night but all is ok . Just a hairline fraction that will only require icing according to her . Now I am relaxing before time to get supper . Workout this morning was Treadmill and strength . Did ninety squats , different position and on the ball. I may be sore tomorrow . Nothing else going on . Suppose to get more rain today and tomorrow but I love the rain so ok with me.

Didn't get the hair cut as we decided to pick up watch . They have had it since July 19 so was anxious to get it. The hold up was the part .
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I've caught up on sleep from company. I really was tired. I watched serendipity last night. It was good. I kept waiting for them to meet back up and you wait the whole darn movie is only complaint until like the last 5 minutes. :roll: It was cute and made me laugh a few times. not like a movie i would see again though.

I haven't practiced piano that much the last two weeks with company here. i have here and there and probably still more than in younger days but not as much as i have been. Definitely practice today some more.

Mo, I like coconut milk and frozen banana and vanilla into ice cream.

I know iron Mountain YAH. we don't go through it but i see for the signs for it when you cross near the WI/Mi border when we go out there.

Have a nice day ladies got to go. :)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon sisters,

Bama yes sleep is very erratic now for us too. Such is life...I might crab about it, but it is what it is...have to take it in stride....just annoying when the next day I have to go somewhere.

Wow didn't know that about the children's size shoes.

Hope the dentist cleaning went well Bama. I see a great workout for you on Tuesday too.

MMM I can smell that soup Bama, and knew it would be good as you are a good cook....all of us with German in us or Italian in us are "good cooks" LOL

Yes, Molasses, I did get to all on list. I used to steal dad's white socks and wear them around the house instead of slippers LOL He'd go into his sock drawer for one of his white pair and you'd hear him yelling...."Susan bring me back a pair of socks" LOL

Oh Molasses, have a safe trip to see the kids and a fun time.

Great walk at lunch on Tuesday, Chris. Doesn't sound weird to me Chris, but very yummy...too bad I can't eat banana's any more.

Thanks Chris, I did enjoy evening workout. Almost time to start thinking about September....

So did the haircut go well Bama. As for the dentist, yeah we have to find one...too many "not so good ones" around so might just go to the University Hospital one. Yeah the price for crowns are "nuts"...

Great workout this a.m.

Hey there YAH hope your Wednesday is going well and work wasn't too bad yesterday.

Molasses, I see you had a busy day today and sorry about the banana's. How long can the banana's be frozen.

Thanks Molasses, workout went well and so did projects. After I post off to book project till comic time.

Same here Molasses, no insurance for us either.

Glad you got to pick up your watch today Bama, and I see go to the Christmas store too. I see you got an exercise journal for next year too.

OMG you poor DIL glad she is alright.

Wow awesome workout today Bama.

Sorry on the hair cut but the watch was very important so glad you finally got it. Yeah having worked in a jewelry store for many years, yup takes time for parts sometimes.

Glad you got caught up on your sleep Becky. I see you watched Serendipity...I've never seen it and hearing what you said, won't bother. Hope you got some practice in today.

Well off to get more books redone in database.

A good day and evening to all,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Just to wish you all a very good night's sleep and a super day tomorrow!! I went half way up north from here to see sis and her Dh as they were going to go see a NP for both of them in that town. So I at least saw her for about 40 min. as her Dh was getting anxious to get back to the farm. Haven't really seen her for yrs. except for her DD's funeral and didn't get to talk then. Not much time for that this time either but...So i enjoyed the drive and all but didn't stop at the waterfalls.
Mo, well if you went through Ish. I guess you drove way north for a bit anyway:) Where I go work:) Was it raining a lot then? If it was last weekend I know it did a lot as I was in Marq. and then Ish. for Sat. night and Sunday. I guess it rained here today also but not in LAnse where I was at, but no rain now so far. Suppose to be warm again and it was tues. also:( Glad you had a nice trip. Do you remember seeing the Yooper Trap along in Ish.? Fun things to look at outside and inside also:)
Becky, yes, Iron Mountain is south and I hope son in GB will maybe get a job in hospital there later on but live in Wisc. as car ins. is so much cheaper there. MI. is bad for car ins. and well, a lot of things:) Then he'd be about half way between GB and us or Ish. Sounds like you've been having a good time and company so hope you get to relax or play the piano:)
Chris, I see your back from? But walking and enjoying your bikes also mostly except for the flat. Lots of fun things before school starts right? Some schools are already but most around here wait for after Labor day, so far.
Bama, wish I could get crowns also on lower front teeth:( Too much for them so I am Trying just to hang on to them:) Nice tip about the shoe and will have to see as I do take a 8 but depends on the shoe. Glad you got your watch back also:) If your DIL got a fracture, I sure hope it heals right? Sure does not feel good to have anything wrong with legs for sure!!:( Takes a lot out of life as we get older I guess.
Sue, hope your day went better once you got moving?:) I woke up a few times and felt very tired and was darkish also but I did manage to Kick myself out and get going and glad I did of course now. Enjoyed the lake from the west side and nice to watch big black clouds go toward house and not drop it where I was:) At least DB got someone to come and get some big red pine logs from the trees for free to clear out a little bit of them. So he ws at farm and probably let out the dog as Dsis and her Dh were at Drs. and long ride back. I dreamed she was thanking someone for taking the big dog to the humane society and she got a smaller one:) Have some pleasant dreams all! take care :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Functioning on less than 3 hours sleep.....so off to eat,vacuum the whole place as Chuck is still out of commission and "other stuff".

On the workout front today.....(Men's Mag Abdominal weight workout....Pull Ins, obliques, stiff legged reaches, side bends, opposite extensions, power crunches, and straddle crunches) 2 sets of 15 reps

Wishing you all a good day.

I do see we got some kind of gibberish posted. Hey Bossman can you get it out!

Have a good day,

Sue