Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Tuesday All,
I am pushing myself to get walking more. So I am leaving the car home and walking to work. So 2 walks of approximately 20 minutes today at the very least.

Hi Sue, I hope your workout went well. Maybe burn off the stress of the oxygen company?! :)
TTFN! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning ladies,

Great plan Chris. Like yourself when we worked University we had a good long walk after driving there, depending on where we had to park...anywhere from a half mile to a mile or more twice every day. Plus I am sure, like me you had a lot of "up and down the stairs too". I never took the elevator as they brought patients up in it and it was safer and healthier to use the stairways LOL Less apt to "catch" something

Yes, they are PITA's for sure. But it's all here now and earlier in the day than they projected too.

Well off to do a quick check on line, check mail and off to dust and then make up our grocery list for tomorrow.

Have a good day all,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi again, 30 minute walk in the glorious sunshine! :sunshine:
I hope you are having a great day! :D
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

Glad your day is nice and I see you got in a nice walk too. Kudos to you. Hope your day is going well also.

Well off to do some stuff with Chuck and hope to have time for pics work too.

Shopping tomorrow so see you later in the day.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Wednesday All! :wave:
For today I will get in two 20 minutes walks (to and from work) as well as a 30 minute walk at lunch time. So far feet are fine but it has only been one day. :thumb:
Have a good shopping trip Sue! :D
TTFN!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning all,

Chris, great walks today and hoping your weather is nice too. I will be doing walking this a.m. with the shopping and for the evening, an oldie but a goodie Stand and Deliver core workout.

Well off to do a quick mail check and eat, put face on and wait for Teri...Have a good day everyone,

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Hello all, Just stopping in to let you know I am still here. LOL. Again not much going on here . Weather has been in the seventies . Crazy for February but I'll take it . almost went out and did some shrub trimming . Still doing exercise . On day 23 of Leslie Sansone walking challenge . A mile a day keeps the Doctor away . Some days I have done much more than a mile but the challenge was to at least one mile a day .

well I think I will get outside for away since it is so nice and sunny .

Enjoy your day
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Chris, the Billy Blanks one I have been doing if from you tube . Love that it is only 20 minutes long and Strength training. Very fast moves . i love the way they count. . LOL Lots of free workouts on youtube.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Bama, I see you are doing well with your workouts too and your weather is as nutty as ours. Unfortunately we are in "cold" mode now, well cold for us now. Chris you would think it's summer LOL

Workout for me today is this evening walking/dancing/light jog in place plus RLW with the vacuum. LOL

Well I am off to do a quick mail check, eat, vacuum and the list goes on. Have a good day everyone.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Two walks today of 20 minutes each. So glad I walked to work as I didn't make it out at lunch time. :roll: Every little bit helps! :D

Have a great workout today Sue!
Great job on your challenge Bama! They are fast moves that is why I have been shying away until feet are more healed.

Have a great day all! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi again,

Oh well just realized today I continued weeks 1 and 2 workout into the third week, so will just continue till the end of the month and do weeks 3 & 4 for the month of March. LOL

Chris us too, back in the day as we didn't do "workouts back then" as we walked a lot between work, going places and walking Mr. Bo Jangles our doggy.

Well off again....

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Late this a.m., but not much sleep last night so for workouts today....No workout this morning as only got 2 hours sleep and tired and achy, plus have a kitchen to clean so that will be workout for the morning since I will be on feet for 2 hours plus and up and down and all that fun stuff; For the evening, an oldie but a goodie Stand and Deliver core workout

Hope you all had a better night and wishing you a nice Friday and weekend,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

I hope you slept well last night, Sue, and have more energy (and no aches) today.

Great workouts, Chris, Sue, and Bama!

Hi, YAH and Bekah; hoping all is well with you two.

We are having a little bit of spring here. I was out pulling weeds around the fence in the stable-yard this morning, and then picked driveway stones out of the grass out front. So I got outside anyway, even it wasn't fun and recreation. :sunshine: I also did an online class for the Y, and did some online shopping for a living room rug. Because back in Dec. we moved some of the furniture out and pushed the couch back, the rug we have looks too small. We're debating between a very cozy deep shag or a traditional Oriental. Comfort vs. looks, I guess. (In world, comfort wins 98% of the time, but we'll see. :tongue: )
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Happy Sunday SIS, Hope all are having a good day . Sue sorry about no sleep . Been there done that to often lately .

Well , We had 75 degrees one day and the next day Snow Flurries . The weather is sure crazy for us here in Ohio. I do see that Michigan is still snowy and the UP lots of snow.

Mo sounds like you are doing a little fixing up to . I am just about finished. I haven't notice if you are said whether or not you are putting your place up for sale or not and if so where are you planning on settling .

Chris see that you are walking outside . Walking is so very good for us. I have walked at least one mile or more every day this month . Today was 3 miles. shopping for some shoes so I can get outside when the weather permits. feet are so flat and a Nurse that I met suggested a place to go and get fitted so I will hope to get that done soon. The store is called Up and Running . It may be a local store as I hadn't heard of it before. I miss Alabama for the walking year round .

bestie friend here in Ohio who is also a Sue left me a surprise on door step last week. I know some of you may remember that in Bama I had a Cement Goose which I made clothes for . LOL I know some people are just crazy . Well during the time that we were coming back and forth our Friend Greg who I have mentioned before ask if while we were gone could he take her over to their house . So I allowed but he never brought it back so I ended up when we move here just leaving her (yes she was a her and had a name ) . When I got to Ohio I shopped for one and couldn't find one anywhere so one day last week when it was warm and sunny out I went outside and much to surprise there was a naked goose on side walk . I was excited and figured that friend Sue found one for me and brought her over to surprise me . Which she did. So I am busy sewing for her . ( Husband says I need to get a life or a job)

I am still doing some decorating and shopping for a table for the house . We have one but it is about to fall a part and I got it at the boy scouts yard sale one summer . I am still shopping for one with at least one table leaf so far no luck so I may have to settle for something that I don't really like .

Hi Becky and Yah.

Off to do a little sewing .
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Popping in again:) I read most but can't remember too good. Snowing today but I guess we got the most snow the last few days as I'm sure its a foot more out there. From last weekend when it was like Spring to this weekend:) they had to shorten the sled dog race on way back as too hot for the dogs I guess. Next weekend they have one up north so they have a lot of snow. I will be dog sitting Henry then also for son. The gkids bdays are both in March, one toward beginning and one at end so DIL's family all go to a motel? or hotel in Wisc. and get a big room where they can all fit and theres a pool with fun stuff to play in etc. I am not a pool party person anymore so will let them all enjoy it and will dog sit:) Guess the 2 Aunty's are flying with to FL. in middle of March when they would usually have this.
Besides shoveling deck etc. a bit, no real exercise. DB and SIL stopped in today from up north. They had gone pass here to see their son's work on their new house closer to town. It was blustery and some white outs but nothing stops him I guess:) Although having a newer SUV with 4 wheel drive helps a lot. Our vehicles are old and not doing so well. Now Dh's old truck is really not doing so well and he's hoping its not a missing sparkplug cause you can't get to them very well and if one breaks, very bad :( van is losing antifreeze and can't figure out how or where either. ETC.
Bama, I saw that pic of your duck on FB and liked it and was happy to see you finally got one:)) That sure sounds like a big book etc. store there also!
I guess there were robins in Marq. last weekend. Must have got mixed up with the 50 degree weather:) Now its a cool 21 degrees.
Mo, snow day hey? Is that a small car you have? Never really heard that name? DB was saying they bought their own tank for gas but I wonder if for porpane? I guess they have their dryer and hot water heater etc. on it so saved money from electric. Course he has a wood stove also which he has going in basement when he's home and heats the sauna also from it. they do have the electric stove though. I said our bill was pretty high last month as we have all electric for things, not the heat though or it would really be too much! Have oil heat which I tend to put down a lot:)
Chris, sounds so nice that you can walk to work and back there:) Not slippery? thats what I'm so afraid of these days. Don't want to fall:) And don't trust feet either. I used to love walking.
Sue I know you keep up with the exercise as much as you can and you certainly get enough cleaning also! Is it still raining at all? gosh, thats a lot of rain there :wowzer: I don't know how Spring will be here,,,,when it gets here really:) Hoping you find something that works even better for the itchies too:)
Have a stray cat that took residence in our old Big dog house outside:) Its facing another bldg. so keeps the snow and wind out and lots of old blankets in it still too. It runs if it hears me at the window if I see him or her, but I put dry cat food outside in back and its eating it;) Otherwise it was eyeing up the birds I feed too much:(

Well I hope you all had a terrific ME day today and take it easy and some good sleeps I hope and have a marvelous week also! take care, :coffee: :wave: