New body for better life - Badversion's journel

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

badversion
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: New body for better life - Badversion's journel

Post by badversion »

Ok he suggested me something D-protein iso*something something*
He said its Dr. approved and said its a protein supplement.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Whey Protein Isolate is fine, but go for one with Carbs and don't bother with one cranked up with Micronutrients and Herbs, that cost 50%+ more money, those are just B.S. ones designed to make people more money, while you make gains some other guy on a cheaper power would make not long after you.

Those expensive ones in opinion, don't allow you to reach natural peaks other powders cannot help you to achieve. The expensive ones are sensationalised, hyped and will cost you almost certainly over $8,000+, £8,000+ more over 35-40 years, than a normal one.

Not worth the extra expense whatever anyone else says.
badversion
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by badversion »

mom is going to ask the Dr. about supplements ...will the Dr. say yes..?
also I don't want a bulky body i hope the supplements don't give me that
also are there any withdrawal symptoms for supplements as such like over-eating and stuff?

finally trainer told me that he will be making a good plan but he suggested me to go for the break-up plan like upperbody on monday legs on tuesday and cardio on Wednesday type...is it ok?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The doctor should agree. He should no reason to say no to a Protein powder, unless it had something like elevated Arginine content and you had a Herpes virus, as Arginine can aggrevate Herpes.

No supplements should not cause withdrawal effects, relating to massive weight gain, hunger issues etc etc.
badversion
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by badversion »

Dr. didnt recommend it he said go natural eat eggs and stuff. He said those protein supplement are all inflated and hyped :(

what should i Do now?

FYI I asked 2 doctors
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Buy one anyway. Unless Doctors train or workout, most probably don't know the ins and outs of different powders or usage.

Ask a doctor what Creatine is, he'll tell you. Ask him how you use it, chances are 80% or more won't know. It's not on the med school testing. Doctors need to know about importent things like Disease, injury, treatment methods etc.

They may know effects of things like excess protein, Creatine etc consumption, but supplements of type are not generally espoused modalities for any ailment, malady or condition. I mean logically if you get ill would a Doctor normally advise Whey protein, Creatine, HMB etc? Nope. It's things like NSAIDS, Steroids, Antibiotics etc.

Whey protein is natural, as Whey is in Cheese. Yes it's slightly synthetic as it's coming in a form not usual, but it's not chemical, so it's not completely synthetic, or derived fron unnatural content.

The same could be said about Powdered soup, as opposed to soups already in liquid state or Cream based, but would Doctors seriously advise against Powdered soup, or Instant Mashed Potato. I doubt it, except for possibly the Chemicals or E-numbers, or if they contained anything like High Fructose Corn Syrup for example. I suspect many would likely say, if you're concerned don't consume them, but most probably wouldn't have serious, serious misgivings, not to the same extent as they would, if you had a slight Heart problem and wondered if Caffeinated Energy drinks were okay.

They're not by the way. Not for people with Heart problems, (Caffeine's a Heart stimulent).

Some protein powders are hyped yes, but they're usually the expensive ones, claimed to give you massive pumps, faster gains, but in reality they don't give you end results, someone can't get on a cheaper powder, with about 2-5 ingredients in them.

As for protein supplements being inflated, I don't know what that implies, unless he meant inflated in price, which yes ones with about 15 or more ingredients always are, redgardless of whether the quantities are good enough or not.
badversion
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by badversion »

Well I showed your above post to mom and also game examples of 2 friends and she was like ok

and friend recommaneded this http://www.optimumnutrition.com/product ... p-207.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
..he said this will help you gain nice lean mass first and then you can go for pure whey
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Now there is an example of " hyped up " why are you so willingly to buy into this stuff ? Stick the basics & earn your muscle mass the healthy way.All I've EVER used is lean fit protein whey, doesn't have any crap in it or listen to your " friends " not sure why young men are so easily influenced & always look for shortcuts etc, stick with a plan.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Too true.

If you buy supplements for the way the packing looks, they sound, celebrities use them, friends bang on about them, then they're all WRONG reasons to buy them.

Never buy supplements without doing some kind of research first, absolutely NEVER. You can't assume your friends are 100% knowledgeable, nor is a sportsperson. Most aren't qualfieid to know this stuff and tellin gthem they're powder won't fail them on a test, doesn't exclude anomelies, or reactions in conjunction with some like medication, which an independant lab may fail to mention.

You're taking something natural, provided in a synthetic manner and potentiall loaded up with other things, (I mentioned those anyway about avoiding them).
badversion
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by badversion »

Calm down...I haven't bought anything yet.
I just showed what friend told me.

Its just that he is a body builder too...has got into many competition so i thought he could lead me in a better direction.

So i should go for simple whey protein :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I was being calm :P . I didn't write that post full of capital letters, or put angry smilies in, or use curse words either :wink:

Simple whey protein yes.
badversion
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by badversion »

@boss hehe okk :)
bought the whey protein 100% 5lbs

todays workout
5 mins on tread mill for warm up
Leg press
calf raiser
Leg curls
machine row for back
Flat DB press
back extension.

Good news is that gym is gonna get a pull up bar soon so i will start that too!!! \m/