Jen's Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Jen's Journal

Post by Boss Man »

You are finding things to be proud of and you are continuing to progress in the right direction.

I am proud of you and you should be proud of you too. Your son is getting an even better rolemodel ot look up to by the week :).

WELL DONE Jen, you are a wonderful Lady and a beautiful influence on people :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Great job on pushing yourself! I had a bad run like that a couple of weeks ago and I know how much strength it takes to push yourself through it, it's not easy. You are doing awesome :D
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I'm back. I take final exam for certification (for the class I've been devoting this last month to) today and then I will be dedicating the next month to fitness. I did a 5k last weekend and didn't PR, but did manage 2nd best 5k time (I've done 6). I've run twice this week already. I'm down another couple of lbs to a new low weight and I'm 3 lbs away from breaking the 160 lb mark... which the last time I was below 160 was age 14! I'm fitting into one size 6 (how, I don't know) and several pairs of size 8 pants. Large size shirts are too big. Medium scrubs are too big for me. I'm loving this!!!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm proud of you Jen and I want you to keep believing in yourself and keep putting in the effort, because you ARE worth it.

Great to hear from you as always. You're always a great presence and light around the place.

GOOD LUCK and best wishes.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

2.66 miles at a 10:54 pace. Didn't hydrate enough yesterday, so I had an achy run, but I'm still happy with the pace. I'll be starting a month long fit boot camp hopefully in the next week, so that should really help with cross training and pace will probably improve. It always does when I have consistent cross-training.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Yesterday, 1.5 miles on the treadmill at an 11:30 pace. 7 miles on the recumbent bike. I was out of town so I went over calories by a couple hundred on both days, but considering I was actually tracking and conscious of eating compared to normal, I don't think it'll set me back any.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Working out heavily again. Down a couple more lbs. I'm going to a boot camp now several days a week and I have ab definition beginning!!!! I'm so excited. I'm also (don't laugh) taking a few pole fitness (yes, dancing) classes with a couple of girlfriends. Lots of fun and definitely more of a workout than I imagined.

Today I went to boot camp and we did a circuit of running 1/4 mile, flipping 180 lb tire 5x, then one upper body excercise (30 reps of a different exercise each time) and one ab excercise (also different exercise each time 30 reps)... and repeated it 4 times. Then played tug-of-war. So much fun. I think I've found the boot camp I want to stay at!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm happy for you that things continue to go well for you and you are finding reasons to stick at it.

You're a great person and you deserve to succeed and be happy, because you ARE worth it :).
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

We will be going to Florida in January on a week and a half to 2 week vacation, so I have motivation to look good in a swimsuit! I'm trying to get 10 more lbs off before we go so I can fit a little more comfortably into the 'goal' 2 piece I bought a couple of years ago when I first started working out.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I have ab definition for the first time in life!!!!! So stoked. This makes me want to push all the more! Not only do I have oblique definition, you can distinctly see the abdominis midline! I have never before had definition like this. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

congrats on the abs showing and good luck with losing the 10 pounds till vacation!! :D
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Thanks! :D New low weight today! Going to boot camp tonight. I suspect I'll be dropping into the 150's by next week! I'm close!
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Went to boot camp... we did a Tabata interval workout. Somehow doing side planks I twisted something and the disc in back that I have problems with popped out of alignment and is causing sciatica down left leg. I've been icing back, doing the prescribed exercises (from physical therapist the last time I had probs) and taking ibuprofen. So far the pain is backing up a little bit and I'm having less sciatica now since doing exercises, it's mainly back hurting now. I'm able to sleep... it's just kind of a throbbing pain that sometimes goes sharp. I'm not going to boot camp today or tomorrow so I can rest it a bit. I might just hold off going back until Saturday morning class and do some exercises at home. Anything else I should be doing?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You're resting it, icing it, taking NSAIDS and doing previously prescribed exerciees, which will help.

The one other thing that might help, is sleeping in the foetus position. It's said that this can potentially be good for helping aleviate back issues, as the spine is not fully lengthened, so it therefore could reelieve a bit of stress and / or strain on the back.

You may also benefit from things like freeze sprays or heat patches too, but you should be careful especially with a freeze spray, to make sure none of the ingredients can interact badly with an NSAID, os you don't get any inflammatory responses, irritation, rashes or anything like that.

I would think if you used a heat patch in conjunction with an NSAID, you'd be fine, but if you're not sure do a it of background checking first.

I'd avoid the freeze spray and heat patches together, as they may possibly be a bit counterproductive and frankly having a cold area, that you then heat up, seems a bit pointless really. You'd be better doing one or the other if you choose such an option.

Hopefully you'll be over it in next to no time.

GOOD LUCK :).
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Back seems completely better now, so I'm going back to boot camp tomorrow. I'll just try to take it easy on exercises that involve back. I got in a bunch of arm work today at home (bicep curls, tricep press, dips, overhead press, and a few others). Got the burn going. I'm actually starting to see some muscle definition in arms too now. Also did calf raises to try and break up some soreness in calves.