Jen's Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: Jen's Journal

Post by ArtzyJen »

I started Insanity today. It totally kicked butt. I have not sweat that much in years. I'm looking forward to seeing the results though! I'm going to see this through. 60 days. I can do it!!!!

First day fit test numbers:
64 switch kicks
42 power jacks
70 power knees
29 power jumps
10 globe jumps
12 suicide jumps
18 push-up jacks
55 low plank obliques

Not bad! Although I did feel like I wanted to throw up afterward. LOL
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

ArtzyJen wrote:I started Insanity today. It totally kicked butt. I have not sweat that much in years. I'm looking forward to seeing the results though! I'm going to see this through. 60 days. I can do it!!!!

You can do it for sure!! let us know how it is going along the way!! Sounds like even the first one was workout! :)
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Day 2 is done. Amazingly I did not feel like I needed to puke today after the workout even though it was longer than yesterday. I still sweated like crazy and soreness set in quickly. I'm a little bit afraid of the idea of trying to get out of bed tomorrow morning. LOL.

I'm also following the nutrition plan, which has been interesting because it's adding to usual calorie goal, but then again, I'm adding in a lot more physical activity. I got in 1700 calories today. We'll see how this goes.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I believe I might just be down to 155 sometime next week if I keep this up! I'm down another lb! :D
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Day 3 is done. Power Cardio and Resistance. Toughest yet as far as being winded! muscle soreness is better than it was yesterday though after this workout. We'll see how I feel tomorrow though. Hahaha.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Day 4 is done. It was super easy "Cardio Recovery"... basically stretching and strength work. I still had sweat dripping, but I didn't get cardio. I also didn't get a run in today like I was hoping to and I fear that running now (after 9 p.m.) would not be good considering I face supposedly the hardest workout in the first round of Insanity tomorrow. So I think I'll take it easy and not do any added cardio today. I did usual free-weights this morning though. I am bound and determined to get that flab off arms! I've seen rather large improvements over the last 3 months already.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

ArtzyJen wrote:Day 4 is done. It was super easy "Cardio Recovery"... basically stretching and strength work. I still had sweat dripping, but I didn't get cardio. I also didn't get a run in today like I was hoping to and I fear that running now (after 9 p.m.) would not be good considering I face supposedly the hardest workout in the first round of Insanity tomorrow. So I think I'll take it easy and not do any added cardio today. I did usual free-weights this morning though. I am bound and determined to get that flab off arms! I've seen rather large improvements over the last 3 months already.
I'm sure you will see fantastic results. You seem highly motivated. Your routine is very motivating and hard core!! :shock: :shock: Keep pushing jen!!
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I had to skip one workout over the weekend because I got a bad case of food poisoning on Saturday and just didn't have it in me to do the workout. I figured recovering from that was more important at the time. I have done workout today. It was rough. Thankfully didn't feel like puking, but the sweat was pouring down face so much I had to stop and wash face because it was stinging eyes... LOL. I'm not going to do anything else today other than a little free weight work. I can definitely still tell food poisoning has messed with body. Oh well... at least I pushed through and got it done!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You did the right thing on the other day, but sensibly you assessed your state of health today and concluded the exercise was possible, so kudos for that, because you got through it, rather than just think oh crap I'm sidelined for a week at least and not consider that you might be okay ot exercise.

I've known people stop training completely for a week, with a slight cough or a stiff elbow, so that's a big plus for you on the common sense and mental strength too. Be proud of that, because it's allowed you to make another step towards success :).
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Still doing Insanity and running, and free weights, and now added in a few exercises with an 8 lb medicine ball and a pull-up bar. I'm doing 12-15 assisted pull-ups. I've lost 8 inches since March 1st, and I'm down to 155 lbs! I'm also down to a 29 inch waist, which is something I have not ever achieved before...even in teens!

Just ran a little over 5k this morning when I thought I was going to run only about a mile just to break up soreness from an intense workout yesterday. Getting stronger! :)

best friend is also starting to ask for advice as to what to do to get fit and we're challenging each other since we are so close in size/weight. I've momentarily bypassed her to the next size down, so she's got some extra motivation to catch up! :)
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

And oh yeah... the arm flab I complained about on the 1st of this month? It's not there any more. 8) No jiggly arms any more.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ArtzyJen wrote:I'm down to 155 lbs
ArtzyJen wrote:down to a 29 inch waist
ArtzyJen wrote:Getting stronger!
ArtzyJen wrote:No jiggly arms any more.
Congrats on all of your achievements! You are doing an awesome life change - and it has been great getting to read your journey. You are inspiring many people along the way. Myself included. :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I just continue to get more proud of you all the time Jen. You are an absolutely amazing Lady, who is achieving more than you probably thought you ever could and whatever happens you will ALWAYS be worth it.

WELL DONE Jen; you ROCK.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

So I got the shock OF LIFE when I went to see a nutritionist this past week. When I started exercising 3.5 years ago body fat percentage was at about 42%. I'm at 21.8% body fat as of last Thursday!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I really was just hoping to be under 28% body fat. I now have 121.6 lbs of muscle on body and only 33.4 lbs of water/bone/fat. :D :D :D That's just crazy to me... but I mean... I see the beginnings of abs poking through, thighs have freaking amazing muscle tone, and arms now visibly have curve of muscle to them even when arms are relaxed. I'm going to go ahead and push for 18% body fat, and see how I look there.

I have some stuff to work through regarding food/past issues and I really want someone to help keep me in check, so I'll be seeing the nutritionist regularly. She was really helpful in pointing out things that have kept me in a virtual plateau for 3 months. I changed per her suggestions and I'm already seeing the scale move again. I'm a little over 154.

Today I ran 2.85 miles in 31 mins. And tonight I went on a 13 mile bike ride with hubby.

Yesterday we did a 10 mile bike ride. Loving spring weather!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You've come a long way Jen and I couldn't be more proud of you, not least because you are one of the nicest and most charming people anyone could come across and if there are people in this world who deserve to succeed, then someone like you deserves to succeed :).

You're doing a brilliant job and the future is looking brighter for you.

WELL DONE