Aulden's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Aulz
STARTING OUT

Re: Aulden's Workout Journal

Post by Aulz »

Thursday 06th January 2011

This morning i decided to join Randel for a morning speed and endurance running. 6.30am start, on the menu was

Warm Up
Jog, Walking lunges and dynamic stretches

Main Exercises
80m X 10 (70-80% sprint effort)
50m X 10 (70-80% sprint effort)

Shuttles - I missed out on this because i had to head home to ready for work however randel completed his.
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Saturday 08th January 2011

Workout A

I suppose to have conducted this training yesterday but missed it deliberately to rest up. Today was great, even though i took time in the gym like 2 hours i wanted to make sure i enjoyed session. It was a good workout and i felt great afterward. I managed to do extra exercises this time. Next gym session will be on Monday afternoon. See you then.
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Monday 11th January, 2011

Workout B

Barbell back Squats (2 X 12)
Over head Dumbbell Press (2 X 12)
Barbell standard dead-lifts (2 X 12)
One arm dumbbell rows (2 X 12 with each arm)
Dumbbell step - ups (2 X 12 with each leg)
Dumbbell bench press ( 1 X 12)
One arm Swings

Started off great but slowed down abit towards the end. Was a great workout though. warm-ups i have increased to 20 mins in total, 10 min rower, 10 min bike. main exercises haven't changed to much from the previous 12 weeks. I feel a lot more comfortable with routines tho (i.e proper techniques). weights are increasing as well as reps. I always aim to lift weights that allow me to keep proper form even if this means doing it light at first. I feel that technique is getting way better then at first!! I should be displaying some pictures this week for progress purposes.

See you Wednesday!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Wednesday 13th January, 2011

Workout A

Warm-up was 10 mins on the rower!!

Barbell Romanian Dead-lifts (2 X 12)
Barbell front squats (2 X 12)
Wide grip lat Pulldowns (2 X 12)
Walking lunges (up and back 10 steps for 2 sets)
Barbell Bench press (2 X 12)
Barbell Bent Over Rows (2 X 12)
Two Arm Swings (1 X 25)

Was tough going today, body wasn't up to it. Reminds me of a verse in the bible Matthew 26:40-43 that says the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I thank the Lord for his strength this morning in helping me complete workouts. What else can i say i did best and i am hopeful Friday will be much better.

See you then!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Saturday 16th January, 2011

Workout B

For warm ups- i hit the rower hard that i even surprised myself.

Barbell back Squats (2 X 12)
Over head Dumbbell Press (2 X 12)
Barbell standard dead-lifts (2 X 12)
One arm dumbbell rows (2 X 12 with each arm)
Dumbbell step - ups (2 X 12 with each leg)
Dumbbell bench press ( 1 X 12)
One arm Swings

Todays workout was great, fast and efficient and held great focus. I will; be conducting a dramatic change in diet over the next few weeks workout intensity will have to slow down some what. I have other goals that i am working towards so i this change in diet is more of a need than a want!!

Next training session Monday Afternoon!!
Aulz
STARTING OUT

Post by Aulz »

Monday 18th January, 2011

Rower 10mins

Mixed things up a little and did a combination of both Workout A and Workout B. Was a little slower than normal today. I am on a strict diet for the next couple of weeks so the intensity of workouts will have to decrease some what. This is the same for the amount of weights i will be carrying. I only did moderate to light weights today with constant reps. 10 and 15kgs were average weights all round. I would normally push it to 20 plus but like i had mentioned this diet has got me preserving energy for other activities as well. Expected outcome would be a substantial drop in weight. Currently I float around the 85kgs mark however this is expected to change and drop to about 82kg over the next three weeks. It is hope that i sustain muscle mass but with such a strict vegetarian almost diet, we shall see....

See Wednesday!! God Bless
stevedav
STARTING OUT

Post by stevedav »

Nevertheless i provided it best. I don't understand if it was a change of usual sequence or late evening or change of activities days but dang i was tired half way through routine.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm confused. Are you Aulden or did you post on the wrong blog by mistake?