Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All and Happy Monday! We got a nice layer of snow on the weekend but not too bad. It is making everything pretty and white. :thumb: I had no sleep on thursday night at all. Friday I took the day off to rest. I ended up cleaning the boys rooms while they were away in school. :D I hope they like it, I know I do. I told them that if I had to clean their rooms that they would have to pay me (since they are old enough to do it). youngest was worried but I told him it was part of his gift from me. :wink: Slowly trying to get the shopping done. :bugeyes: We put up the tree last night. Planning on getting the lights on tonight and pulling out the decorations.
Have a great day all!
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good day to all even if its night here:) I see your all out and about getting things done:) I haven't been out much at all and its snowing again so I guess not yet either:( Sue, I think I spoke too soon about the warm temps of almost 40 as we have had very cold temps since:( Highs of 15 degree's today, and down to even 10 at night! Its getting windy again also and more snow in forecast for a few days. We've had it on and off so not so much on ground and Dh hasn't plowed even as good enough to drive through and he doesn't want to take the ground up with his plow I guess. Guess if you have a cement or black top driveway its ok but not our's. and when so cold, if snow on road a little, looks like that black ice I really don't like.
Sue, hope you have good luck with margaret for most of your shopping anyway and she sounds really nice:) Sorry about the no sleep some nights also:(

Chris, you are getting lots of exercise in with the walking and also with the cleaning and decorating too as Sue is:) I do stuff for a while but back hurts and I sit down then and do a bit more etc. Seems like I'm falling apart these days:)
Bama, saw your xmas tree and the big stuffed dog for your gdog I take it?:) Looked very nice:) I imagine Ala. got a bit of snow too this time? I know gf in N.C. got almost 8 inches so I told her she has more then we have on the ground right now. We had more in Oct. and that went all away so starting up again. I'm sure no more sauna's either:(( I'm just hoping I get to see son on his bday soon but not sure.
Hi to Mo and Becky and hope you are all doing good too? Well, better go now as Dh is coming from garage I guess. Have a good day and week also!! take care on any ice:( :coffee: :wave:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Afternoon all,

Snow on the ground here but sun is out at least . in the teens right now.

Well I am finished with shopping . Now a few more to wrap and definitely will be finished .

Sue so sorry you aren't sleeping . I know that feeling as i very seldom get over 6 hours. I wish for more but you can't force yourself to sleep . Hope all works out with Margaret. Hugs .

Chris , I always cleaned kids room and finally they couldn't find some things they learnt to do it themselves . Good on your walking .

Hi Mo and Becky , hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Eva, There's a funny story about stuffed dog . She/He looks so real. We never had any dogs or cats while our kids were growing up. Hubby has allergies and we knew that if we got one it could possibly cause him problems. Well both Kids now have pets . So as you saw when DD saw that picture , she ask me if we got a dog and I played along with it . She thinks it is real, unless she took a closer look . She will be surprised at Christmas when they come over. LOL

Realtor who is the sister of a good friend had a closing on a house of a 91 year old lady so the children took all they wanted when the house was sold and told the realtor to get rid of the rest . Will it was 4 car loads of everything you can imagine and she took it to her garage for the Salvation Army to pick up BUT before they could pick it up she invited us to come over and go thru and take want ever we wanted and that Dog was just lying there so I couldn't resist bringing to house plus a bunch of other stuff. It was like a garage sale but every thing was free . We didn't make a dent in it . I felt kinda sad though to be going thru her stuff but at least it was put to good use and not just dumped in the trash.

Well time to get DH some Lunch . Enjoy the rest of the day .
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning all,
Last night I was able to get out and clear the snow off driveway before there was much in the way of freezing rain. Then we had freezing rain in the night and then turned to rain. Kids have the day off of school. I did get to walk in to work this morning. :thumb:

Love the story about the dog Bama.
YAH just do what you can and move when it doesn't hurt too much.

TTFN! :wave:
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all and snowing here again and highs of 10 in the day even and 6 at night with wind chill of -3 etc.:( I thought of going son's today but nope, since snow keeps coming:( Even GB got 6 inches of snow so far from son's pic's he sent:) At least he only has a very little way to work;) He will be moving to a little house to rent in Jan. although they gave him the key already to move stuff but he wants to go and clean it first and toss some stuff out that other one left:) Its even closer to work:) Its So nice to have a short way to travel to your work:)
Bama, yep, that does look pretty real:) I'm sure Happy will love it too;)
I've seen so many good deals etc. online but in Marq. etc. so never do get anything:( Miss out on a lot way out here:(
Chris, shoveling is exercise too:) I have only had to push the snow off the deck to feed the wildlife here a few times. Did it already today but snow is hiding their seeds again.
Don't mind the snow if the temps would even get to 20:( Son's bday tomorrow but I will see him sometimes I guess. At least he has the employee dinner party to go to on Sat. night. Hi to Mo, Becky and Sue and anyone else out there and enjoy the holidays:) take care on any ice! I guess as you get older thats all you worry about, falling:( :chilly: :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I got a second walk home yesterday. Today a walk to work and back home as well as a 30 minute walk at lunch time. :sunshine: Guess this is gold star day of the week. :D We lost power yesterday around supper time so we had to take the kids out for food. When we got back it was on again. Not sure what the problem was.
Have a great day all!!
TTFN!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

I have a lot of catching up to do again and hope to do so later today or tomorrow....however, I heard from Bama and she shared a pic of Happy, who is now a year and a half old....where did the time go....hard to believe I will be 63 soon....

Well here's the sweetie pie.....

I am off to lunch and then lots and lots of wrapping and then sending out....won't be today but hoping within the next 2 days....wish me luck.

Hope you all are having a good day and had a good week.

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Happy Friday everyone. It is so cold here we decided to stay in tonight . Usually we go for dinner but all decided to stay in tonight.

Put a Fork in me , i am done with Christmas shopping , all is wrapped and under the tree.

Chris 30 minute walk a day is good. I try to get that much in also but sometimes i don't .

Sue thank you so much for posting picture of Happy . I need to learn how to post a picture on here.

Well since we are staying in tonight Soup is on the Menu. Trying to eat somewhat light this week so we can enjoy all the goodies next weekend .

In case i don't get back , Merry Christmas to all .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Well another one of those nights...such is life....

Chris I see you were chipper on Monday morning...and got a layer of snow on the weekend. I loved it too when it made everything look so pretty too. HUGS on the no sleep I feel for you as you know. Glad you got Friday off to rest up and I see you tackled the boys rooms while they were in school. Smart move on having them pay you to clean their rooms. Mine was always clean, of course. However, sister and brother were another story. I, of course, got dagger looks from the two of them; when mom would be yelling at them...I kept asking her "don't say to them "why can't you both be more like your sister" but she'd say it anyway.

Hope you get all the shopping done....I see you did get your tree up and hope you get the lights on tonight and the decorations out too.

YAH yeah the time difference between us all at I times is crazy. HUGS on not be able to get out and about. While it's been a while I do feel for you as you know.

Yeah I thought of that when I saw how cold it got and the snow plus the wind too.

We are going to have high winds starting Saturday through Monday I think our weather lady said Friday night....so even more brrrr here.

However, nothing like your temps....however, I do remember those temps and then the wind chill with them that made it below zero or more....I DON'T MISS IT....I am cold enough now...can't imagine living there anymore.

Yeah I hated the black ice also....ice period was NOT fav at all.

Yup all went well with Margaret as you know now with the report and we did good too...which was nice also. LOL

Western New York got hit pretty bad YAH.....it wasn't the area we lived in they showed but the next day on weather side they showed some of the surrounding areas of where we used to live and they had a LOT of snow....I got to say Chuck and favorite thing when we see now.....HI SNOW BYE SNOW! LOL

HUGS on the back pain Eva, mine was so bad Thursday I had to take an ibuprofen. So know that mine hurts too after all the work. Old age ain't it grand NOT!!

Congrats on getting all the shopping done Bama. Hope you got the stuff wrapped and are all done

Thanks on the sleeping Bama, as you can see having another one of those nights...it is what it is... Yes we hope so too...was great the first time and hoping the same for the future.

Oh Bama, you are so funny....can't wait to hear if she figured it out beforehand.

Oh how nice of your Realtor friend Bama, and I see that's where you got the dog. We give to the Salvation Army as they helped us many years ago and we have been giving every since both donations of stuff and money when we can.

Chris I see you got in plenty of exercise clearing off the snow in your driveway. Oh I hate that freezing rain...rather have several feet of snow. I see the kids were off and you got to walk to work.

YAH I am with Chris on doing what you can and moving when it doesn't hurt too much.

I see more snow on Wednesday, YAH and -3 with wind chill. Sorry you weren't able to get out on Wednesday.

Glad your son's work isn't that far away. Wishing him the best on the move and glad they gave him the key early to clean and setup a bit etc.

Sorry you miss out on the deals. The wild life appreciates your feeding them, YAH. Sorry you didn't get to son's for his b-day.

Great on the walk to and from work, Chris, I send you kudos also. Bummer on the power but glad it was back on.

Thanks on the happy Friday Bama it was as got more of our WM order in....just one more left. Yeah stay home and call for a pizza LOL Or in our case make one up....in fact next week will be making up our holiday ones...one for me....and one for Chuck...I like stuff he doesn't on mine. LOL

I see you are all done shopping Bama....kudos.

You are quite welcome Bama. I actually post on private page and copy it to this page in the image feature here. Quick and easy peasy.

That's our fare for Saturday tomato soup with some Ditalini! MMMMMM good and I can say that as we eat Campbell's tomato soup....those of us older folks remember those commercials well....mmmmm good that's what Campbell's soups are mmmmm good!

On that happy note I am off to check mail and see if I can get 90 minutes or more of sleep. LOL

A good weekend to all,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

HI all! Hope everyone is fine and not sick with flu etc.? Nice and cold up here forever it seems but a warm temp. of 22 degrees today;) Well our 50th wedding anniversary is all done:) It was Sat. and son did put our picture out there and I commented on it, Who are they?:) Does not seem like 50 yrs. but time sure does fly:( Did not do anything for it anyway as sons don't plan these things out and I think they know me pretty well:) I told son that lives closer to celebrate for us at the employee dinner xmas party:) He said they had pizza, no other meat etc. and he didn't win anything and he left then:) I guess I just say like SIL said on a card, wow, 50 yrs. of putting up with each other, so keep on keeping on:) No real choice to that anyway.
Bama, love the pic of the dog Sue put on and can't believe already that old! But nice and tiny. I sure wish son would have got a smaller dog so we could dogsit for him but that Big brown lab is just too big and powerful too. He will be up with his family mostly at his wife's parents but their not too happy with the big dog either. We hardly have room for a cat and like he said also, hard to hang on to if he see's something. We'll see them all at a hotel in marq. anyway so the kids can swim and all too. I just hope the weather is nice cause I don't do bad weather driving anymore and I want to drive myself as Dh probably doesn't stay as long as I want to etc.
Sue,hoping you got some sleep and nice on the rides to the stores:) She sounds like a great lady:) No xmas shopping here at all, just home. Guess it will be just money for kids etc. since I never seem to get out all the way to town.
Chris, great on the walking and shoveling also and any bit helps I'm sure:) Hi to Becky and anyone else out there, take care on the ice!! :chilly: :coffee: :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon ladies,

Off to stories, but wanted to share some pics hubby sent to me....very funny.....

I am off to stories....wishing everyone a great Sunday and a wonderful evening also.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hey, Sisters,

Glad to see everyone appears to be doing well in this run-up to Christmas!

That's definitely me, Sue--won't watch a movie where an animal dies because I know I'll sob myself into a migraine. :roll: Not a big fan of movies where people die either though! Love the "kitty carol". We've had tree trouble with both cats and dogs. The cats are good for climbing and knocking off ornaments, but Great Pyrenees, Flannery Jane, ate every candy cane off the tree one year. :lol:

I saw your wedding picture and tried to comment on what a little cutie you are, YAH, but I don't know if it went through. Anyway, congratulations on 50 years--that's quite an accomplishment! I'm crossing fingers for good driving weather for you, and hope you get a nice long visit with your little loves. :sunshine: Brr, I see you have been having some seriously winter weather already, even before winter officially starts!

Sorry about the itchies and that you are missing out on so much sleep, Sue. Yay on getting your cleaning and decorating done though. :thumb: Hope you got your presents wrapped and out also.

I missed the dog picture on Facebook, Bama, but what a cute story about it fooling your DD. :wink: Congrats on getting all your shopping and wrapping done!

Yay on the walks, Chris! I'm glad your power outage didn't last long.

I have been busy with house projects and spent all the week before last trying to a beat back a migraine that finally won the battle on Friday. I had to call in sick, which annoyed boss, but since I couldn't even hold head up, going to work was out of the question. I had reached out to 3 of co-workers to ask if they could cover for me before I let boss know, but no luck. One of them didn't even bother to respond to me, and then had the nerve to ask me a few days later to fill in for him when he goes on vacation in Jan. I don't see that happening. :tongue: I am compulsively helpful, but not interested in being a doormat. Anyway, we went to Home Depot over the weekend and got a new bathroom vanity, paint and flooring (vinyl tile). plan is to get the painting done so DH can change out the vanity this weekend, and then I'll do the floor, and that will be another room done.

I've been gone too long to get caught up tonight, so I'll just wish everyone a peaceful night with sweet dreams!
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All and a happy Tuesday to you! :wave: I took most of Monday off and sat with sister at the hospital. Her DH was getting knee replaced. We had a nice chit chat over the day about lots of stuff. Today I arrived at work to a small disaster. Someone didn't think it was a problem for our cleaners to clean up their chemical mess. :huh: Enter Chris and an "I don't think so!!!" Everyone is now behaving themselves and staying on good side. :lol: I am getting some walks in but sporadic. Today I got a walk to work, 30 minutes at lunch, and then to get home again. Doesn't happen every day but I will keep trying to fit it in. :thumb: Tomorrow I am taking the day off of work. It will be a fabulous me day picking up stuffers and finishing whatever shopping I can get done. :D

Sorry about the migrant Mo. Good luck with the bathroom project.

Congrats on the 50 years YAH! Enjoy your visits over the holidays.

Hi Bama, Sue and Becky!! :wave:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning and Happy Thursday .

Well I thought I was done but yesterday DIL called and said her oldest daughter was coming and told me what she wanted for Christmas so I am off today to see what I can find.

We are having our Christmas get together tomorrow with Friday night friends . I got them Salt Lamps . I hope they like them . I know I do . LOL l

Weather has been great here but we are going into some cold this weekend . Possibly a White Christmas . Hope so and then I don't want anymore. I do not like January or February as those are usually the coldest months.

Chris glad to hear that you are getting some walking in. Small amounts work .

Mo, sounds like you are moving right along with the remodeling . Sorry about your Headaches . i too will not watch a movie that has animals or humans dying in Not worth the tears as I get a terrible headache when i cry . friends wanted to go see the new movie with Julian Roberts (I think she is in it ) and I also think it is called Wonder not sure on that . I said not me cause it about that little boy that has some kind of disease . Reminds me of Mask with Cher .

Well I am slowing down on workouts because of knee . I am keeping up with Strength but no squats or lunges until I go back to the Doctors the first of the year. I had a really bad spell Tuesday and barely could walk( I had been out shopping and was on feet all day) Yesterday I took it easy and was much better and so far today better . I am using Asper cream and taking Tylenol .

Sue Sorry about your sleepless nights . I have some of those also . They say to get at least 8 hours a night but you can't force yourself to fall asleep .

Happy Anniversary Yah, I saw your picture on Face book . You guys looked so cute.

Well I got brave yesterday and made Peanut butter cookies . LOL I think they will be going in the trash . I can not make cookies but I try every year. Now fudge i can do . So from now on will stick to fudge .

need to get moving . Merry Christmas all if I don't get back .
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I had a great me day yesterday. Popped around the stores looking for stuffers and little things. Got some books for family. Got to rest when I felt like it. :wink: The boys gave me cards and presents in the evening (mostly gift cards) and a candle in a cupcake. Just what I wanted, and I spent the evening in pjs on the couch. :D All in all a good way to turn 49. :wink:

Not sure how much I will be here after today so Happy birthday Sue and Bama!! December birthday buddies!

Mama take it easy on that knee!! Mo good luck with the house changes. YAH I hope you get to visit with family over the break. Sue and Becky enjoy your Christmas. I will catch you all in late December! :wave: