Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
It has been a busy start to the spring for me. I haven't been getting a lot of exercise though. :( We have a rainy week here and hope it will take away a good deal of the snow. :thumb: :thumb: I hope when the sun comes out that deck will be uncovered enough to sit on and enjoy some sun. A gal can dream. :lol: I hope to be getting back into walking at least soon. I did get to walk home from work today so that is a bit. :tongue:

YAH sorry for the extra snow. Glad your boys played it safe. No to the walking but there is hope for spring.
Hi Sue, Bekah, Bama and Mo! I will see if I can't get moving and back to posting soon. :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Well it's another one of those sleepless nights...such is life....I slept this week so far so was bound to happen.

HUGS on all that snow YAH, been there done that as you know. Hoping your son gets to California on time for the job and it's smooth sailing for him. Glad you got to drive your new van and had lunch with your son too.

Once your weather gets better again YAH I know you will be out and about more and walk around some more.

Yeah I had a pretty good week sleeping so tonight is what it is. Glad you enjoyed the comics and email. Oh he's lucky San Diego has really nice weather in the 70s and low 80s in the summer....with nice cool breezes as it's by the water. Well certain areas of it. Yikes on the 18 degrees with wind chill only 8 degrees...yeah I don't miss it LOL

Chris I see you have been a busy lady. Glad the rain is taking away the snow....hope the temps go up and your deck gets cleared so you can go outside in the sun. You will get back on track....I have every confidence.

See you walked home from work.

Hope all goes well Chris....as we miss you.

Well I am off to see if I can at least stretch back out....don't want to fall asleep as I need to be up when the alarm goes off otherwise his nibs will say it's too late to cut hair and it needs it bad.

Have a good Friday everyone.....and a wonderful weekend.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all! Lost ShareFit page for a bit but Sue got it back for me:) Hoping you all have nice weather now? We do this weekend of course but lots of snow out there yet also. Was in 50's for a few days now but I see we're going back down a bit later this week. But if it doesn't snow, that would be nice. Son got to San Diego finally last night :bugeyes: I've been home and by laptop and phone in case and he has called me from here and there and I hope I have kept him company sometimes on some Long Flat roads that go on and on and on:) Especially in Kansas and Texas, right across it. He got to sight see a bit, went out of way a bit to see some of the Grand Canyon and a petrified forest? Found lodging nice and cheap as rooms online but can check to make sure their good, so nice bedrooms for the night and usually no one happened to be home either:) He's in temporary room now for a week and can look for better room with bathroom hopefully during the week. I guess since he wasn't able to go right away, he'll be working downtown hospital by the airport instead, part of all of them I guess:) Going by or next to the border was worse part of waiting for a call:( Through a mountain at 5000 elevation and Right next to it, and getting dark:( Was happy when he finally hit 6 lanes and S.D.:) So he had 2 days to look around before starting work on Tues. Made real good time since nice weather once he got out of the 2+feet of snow in GB and Wisc.:) So very thankful of that :clap: Now I hope the 3 months go by fast and he can at least take another route back end of July then. Sorry, just so happy about all this:)
I hope you all are fine and I know your exercising more then me? I do hope once the snow is gone off wood trails, I can slowly go and try to walk privately someplace to start a bit. Might be dog sitting for son down in CF's later in May as he wants to go on trip maybe for their anniversary. No fenced in area there though:( Wish it was a smaller dog. He's hoping to join his family in CF's by June at least. He is up sometimes from Mn. and she goes down when she can though. Its looking pretty good that he may get to remotely do his job for the company he works for down there. Keeping our fingers crossed.
I'll bet your way ahead in getting your house ready right Mo? Or is that radon stuff slowing you down? I should check ours really:( Dh has to get with it soon and get our water thing in to make our water a little better for clothes and all. Not drinking though. He did get screen door on patio door so I get some fresh air when its warm although cat loves to push on it;( Chris, hoping you get to walk more and no rain? Sue, sure hope you get more sleep nights then no sleep :( I know I sleep good usually but this week with son traveling, hasn't been as good. So tonight I think it will be. Loved your comics and all also:) take care all and Bama, hope you get the landscaping done too etc.? Our lawn is what it is I guess:( Not much here anyway. I just want a sauna SO bad but not even sure all is well in the sauna with the old chimney and stove etc.:( Thats the only bldg. I love around here:) C U! :sunshine: :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Surprise I am still here. Just busy. I will just start with the past weekend and catch you up to where I am. Saturday I of course had a piping lesson that takes all morning. I do love it though!! :D I am starting to see more progress with the pipes now as well as the chanter. That is encouraging at least. Saturday afternoon I went to a birthday party. first cousin twice removed (also know as Grandmother's first cousin) turned 100. :wowzer: She is a force to be reckoned with. She still has all her faculties and gets around not too bad with help. She is a lovely woman and I think there were over 200 well wishers and family at the party. So that was a good day.

Sunday I got out for a walk with DH and we had a nice sunny day. I also got the front yard raked up a bit and all the old dead stuff taken off the front two gardens. Then I had to sweep the back deck which I call summer living room. It is now free of snow! :clap:

Monday I walked to work and home again. I was in first aid training for the day so had a short lunch with no walk. Today I brought the car but I did get out for a 30 minute walk at lunchtime. :lol: weight is steady at the moment and I am trying not to go back up. :roll: I could take off a few more pounds at some point but for now I will see how things go.
Have a great day all! :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Wednesday to all of you. Two 20 minute walks for me to and from work today. On a happy note I had the realization that I hadn't noticed shoulder or elbow hurting recently. :wowzer: Sure enough they seem fine for now. I don't know if it is the drastic reduction in grains or they finally healed on their own, either way I will take it. :D To celebrate I did a few push ups from knees. Now to work way to full push ups again. :wink:

I hope you are all having a great week! :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Friday All,
Yesterday I got to walk to work and home again. I kind of wish it wasn't raining at the time but I don't melt. :roll: Today I took a 45 minute walk at lunch time! :sunshine: Nothing but sun out there! A lovely day. Feeling good at getting more active again! :D
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Monday All,
Saturday gave lungs a workout at bagpipe practice then in the afternoon went for a walk with DH. We got in about 45 min to an hour. We headed downtown (like everyone else) to check on the river overflowing its banks. We are in no danger where we are. :D
Yesterday I stuck close to home. I got some yard work done. I trimmed grapevines (not sure if they will survive it or not :? ) did a bunch of raking and bagging leaves and dead grass.

We have a rainy day here so no walk.
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all:) Hope your busy enjoying your Spring weather? Getting a bit better here but still snow around and especially in the woods and trails yet:( So I haven't tried walking anywhere as I hate the road here by the house for it. too much traffic and all and I will be slowly limping along if I get anywhere so rather be in the woods:) Chris, sounds like you get a lot of walks in and the weather is nicer for you also;) I see your getting a lot of time with the musical instruments also:) Must sound great:) I'm not too great with knowing too much about them:( Is the snow all gone where your at then? We are even having 2 days of up to 70 degrees here and then probably some rain and cooler. son in San Diego said it was about 60 there today which is surprising but more what he's used to also. Although I guess the ocean breeze cools it off nicely also. He's finally working the 11 a.m to 7 pm shift anyway. Not much going on here otherwise:( Been in too much as usual. Finally got out for a drive with oldest son Sunday anyway to go see Lake Superior towards the west, about half way up north. Still ice on the bay there too but not sturdy enough for guys to fish on anymore.
I hope all you ladies are doing fine and ok? Sue, I know your busy with appts. too and Trying to get that much needed sleep:( Mo, I hope the radon people figured out something and not too costly or time consuming? Bama, probably no more snow for you?:) take care and don't fall anyone:) C U :sunshine: :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Happy Tuesday to you! I am getting lots of walking in today. I am walking to and from work and I got a nice walk in at lunch time too (45 minutes). So that should help to perk me up a bit. :D Yes YAH our weather is not too bad. There is still snow in the woods and in shaded places. We went from winter to summer weather here and that is not very good. Our river is overflowing its banks. We are used to dealing with mild amounts of spring flooding. A number of people have been forced from their homes and there are many road closures. We are fine though.
I hope you will be able to trek through the woods soon YAH.
Sue I hope the mammogram went well. Glad you and Chuck made up too. Looks like you had a busy week.
Hi Mo, Bama and Becky if you are peeking in. Hope to hear how you are all doing when you get a chance. :wave:
TTFN!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

I have a lot of catch up to do I see....but almost meds, breathing time so posting report for April and May's activities and will be off....hope to catch up tomorrow.

Take care and have a nice evening, Sue

So here goes.....

April Report

For April got workouts in the first week for Monday and Wednesday and RLW of vacuuming for Friday. Second week, I got all workouts in for MWF with RLW's of house stuff for Tuesday and Thursday; same for the first week. For the third week, got workout in on Monday, Wednesday was a shopping day so a RLW of lots of walking. Thrusday RLW with the vacuum and Friday got workout in. For the fourth week I got workouts in Monday and Wednesday but since I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday I had to skip it for Friday and vaccum. I also got workout in for Monday, April 30th. To finish the month. So wasn't a bad month.

On tap for the month of May I will continue with 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, on MWF. However, will focus each week on one body part for the week. So for week two, which starts on May 7th (I had another doctor appointment, plus shopping on Wednesday, so got in walking, plus vacuuming on Thursday, along with a walk to the office. So will finish this week of start of May, on Friday the 4th with 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, Total Body Pilates and Flexibility workout.

The second week will be upper body Pilates, the third week, lower body Pilates, the fourth week, Pilates for Abs. The fifth week will be Total Body Pilates for the week. Each workout will finish with Flexibility workout.

Weigh Ins for the Month:

4/1/18 Sunday weigh in up a half pound to 112
4/8/18 Sunday weigh in 113
4/15/18 Sunday weigh in 111.5
4/22/18 Sunday weigh in 112.5
4/29/18 Sunday weigh in 112.5

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving up lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We will continue to have them over other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, potatoes, corn, spinach and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2017 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Well a night of no sleep so I wanted to be sure to catch up with all of you before I did anything else on line.

YAH I see the link worked for you. I hope your weather continues to stay spring like and the snow is finished for the year and will all melt away. I am so glad the you son made it to SD and I am you have been able to keep in touch so much. Plus he had a good trip too. Oh I see he saw the Petrified Forest like we did too. Got lots of pics LOL

Hope he finds a nice place and the three months fly by.

Yes YAH I know how you love to get out in the nice weather for your walks so hope all that goes well. Hope if you have too the dog sitting goes well and they have a nice anniversary. Ours is next Friday, the 11th and will be 43 years.....

Keeping fingers crossed to YAH that he came work remotely.

Hope hubby gets the radon stuff along with water and making the water better too for washing the clothes and drinking. Glad he got the screen door on for you on the patio door as I know you love it open and so does your cat and I see the cat likes to push on it like our cats did.

I slept all of this week YAH so can't complain too much if I am up tonight. Yeah I know you worried about him getting to San Diego and finding a place. So I hope you are sleeping well tonight. Glad you enjoyed the comics.

Oh no YAH not the sauna.....I sure hope it's alright or your husband can it for you.

Chris, so glad to hear from you. I just figured you had a lot going on. I see you had your piping lessons...I am so glad you enjoy it so much....makes it even better. Plus I see your are progressing too with the pipes as well as the chanter. I see you went to a birthday party too and a very special one too for the person who turned 100. Oh wow she sounds wonderful and it doesn’t surprise me from the way you describe her that she has so many well wishers.

I see you and hubby got a nice walk in on Sunday too. Plus some outdoor work done also. Glad the deck is free of snow and hope it stays that way now.

Monday you got more miles in with a back and forth to work and sorry about lunch time but I see you had first aid training....ah remember it well.

I see more walking at lunch for Tuesday. Glad that weight is steady always good.

I see some more good walks in for Wednesday too Chris. Also glad to hear your shoulder or elbow not hurting. Kudos on the push ups.....I can't do regular ones anymore even with oxygen up....so stuck at the knees.

I see last Friday was a good one too with walking back and forth to work. Sorry on the rain. Plus I see 45 minutes more at lunch time. KUDOS Chris.....how nice only the sun too.

See you had a nice weekend Chris and gave your lungs a workout on Saturday again. Plus got in a nice afternoon walk with DH. Oh no on the river overflowing the banks. Glad you aren't in any danger and heart goes out to those who are. I see more yard work for you on Sunday. We will be doing ours once we order our garden stuff from Walmart.

I see more rain this Monday messed with your walking.

YAH I hope spring has finally sprung for you too. Heck we have had 90s so more like summer weather than spring but then again that is the central valley for you. LOL

Hope the snow melts and you can get some good walks in YAH. Wow 2 days at 70 is good YAH and boo hiss rain and cooler again. However, hopefully the rain will melt more of the snow. Yeah San Diego weather is very nice in the 60, 70 and 80s later in the summer and not as humid there as it can get in some other areas. Oh yes that lovely ocean breeze. We said while we were there if our stuff was going to Sacramento we would have moved there instead but it wasn't unfortunately. Well turned out for the best as now way too expensive to live there. Though they do have great medical.

Well hopefully with the nicer weather now YAH you will be able to get out and about again like you used to. Glad you got out with your oldest son last Sunday and went to see Lake Superior and all. Yup YAH, got dermatology appointment done and barnacles of life sprayed, got mammogram done and got letter in yesterday I am alright. Next up gyno....GRRRR least fav. Then later in June go to eye ear nose and throat to have tongue checked. I found someone else to do it. So wish me luck it's like primary and other said nothing.

Well off to do mail check, comics and then try to see if I can get some snooze time in LOL

I hope you are all sleeping away.....

Have a nice Friday and weekend.....

Sue

young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Just popping in before going to read in bed soon:) Nice planning you do Sue and keep such a good report of it all:) I don't have much to report:( Had a great week staying at son's in town though and feet are pretty sore as I'm not used to walking much and in a store its even worse it seems. I didn't do much of it but went finally to see Lake Superior at end this time and still ice blocks out there a lot wherever the wind blows them all:) Some snow dunes at the beaches also:) I think the lake is going to take a while to be warm this year? Glad your appt's turned out ok so far and your doing more then me I know as I just don't go for anything:( Best of luck for the rest also:)
Oh and son in MN. gets to work from home! Yay for them:) He'll be moving back to the U.P. in his wife's hometown not too far from us anyway:) So glad they let him do it:) I'm still waiting to hear about the dog sitting as their going Cancun where they went for honeymoon for their anniversary and I'm hoping the house their going to eventually stay at for a while rent free will be ok for me and the dog as he's never stayed there either:)
John is doing ok in SD, but this hospital is going on strike next week for 3 days so he might be working 12 hrs. through the night for them. Don't know yet? He said it was 80's today but not humid and the ocean breeze so not like up here when its 80, and humid:( He's been walking to work 2 miles instead of using his car even. I told him to be careful though. Ok, I'm going to worry anyway:)
Dh is fixing up another sauna stove from parts of other ones I guess, so, maybe I'll get it going yet. Sure am missing it:) Hi to Mo, Bama, and Becky if around anyway and hope all your projects are going good?:) Chris, you sound like your getting some good walking in for sure. Great job! I know some rivers are getting kind of high but so far not Too bad here:) take care all! :sunshine: :coffee: :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Well another sleepless Saturday night....such is life.

YAH I see you are off to bed soon to read...so what ya reading? Thanks on the planning and report YAH. So glad you had a nice time with your son and staying with him too. Ouch on your feet, yeah when you are not outside a lot it's not easy to get our feet acclimated to a harder surface. Glad you got to see Lake Superior and still has some ice blocks I see; and some snow dunes too at the beaches.

Thanks on the appointments, YAH and yeah I will be happy when I am all done.

Doing HAPPY DANCE for your son in MN being able to work from home...so glad he can move back to UP to wife's hometown and all too. I imagine Henry is bigger now and hope they can go to Cancun for their anniversary.

I hope the house will be OK too, YAH and you and Henry have more room and can explore your new environs. LOL

Glad John is doing OK in SD and yikes on the hospital going on strike for 3 days. Whew 12 hour days for 3 days...not fun.

Yeah remember I told you, YAH it's nice and cool there with that lovely ocean breeze and no humidity.

I see he has been getting in a lot of exercise walking to work. We noticed that when we were there YAH, as I said if our stuff hadn't been going to Sacramento, our butts would have stayed in San Diego.

Oh so glad to hear your DH if fixing up another sauna for you.....hoping it all works out and you can go back to enjoying your sauna's again.

Hope your rivers stay good.

Well I am off to do comics, check mail etc and then I will see if I can sleep. However, I hear the fan in the bedroom, so it's chair for me as with only a bit of sleep by the time I do comics, etc I am not about to set up the cot, put the sheets on it etc. Just not worth it.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday and hope you get some "me time".

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I am still busy but that is nothing new. Saturday lesson went well. Sunday was a flying trip to parents farm to see sister who lives 15 hours away. They came over on a whim but the only weekend day they will be with parents was Sunday as they are travelling back on Thursday this week. So we made the trip to go see them while they were close enough. They are doing well. :wink:
I rained in the night but today is nice and sunny. The air is staying cool but the sun is warm. :sunshine: I did manage to get out for a 30 minute walk to day at lunch time. :D That was nice as I like getting away from computer.

Sue looks like you had a good month for April. :clap: weight is fairly steady still so I am happy with where it is. :thumb: It is no where as low as yours. :lol: Sorry about the two sleepless nights. Those do happen. :roll:

Oh YAH I hope your DH can get the sauna up and running for you. :D I hope you enjoyed your book. Walking in stores would be worse as you are walking on cement. Without good shoes and cushioning it could be bad for you. Just do the things that you can to keep your mobility up as long as possible.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey All! Lots of walking for me today. :D I walked to work (20 minutes) then got out for a 30 minute walk at lunch time and then got in another brisk walk to get son from school (30-40 min). He jammed his hand in a desk and was worried about it. He is fine but may have a tiny bruise. Silly boy! It was lovely to be outside today. A nice breeze but lots of sun. :sunshine: I will be practicing on the chanter and pipes tonight so that will keep me out of trouble. :lol:
Have a great day all!! :wink: