Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Afternoon ladies,

Hope you are having a nice weekend....I am enjoying "me day" Sunday......A/C on as temps are in 90s today boo hiss. I have doctor's appointment on Tuesday and another boo hiss for that too LOL

Did up monthly report so here it is....wishing you all a nice Sunday night....off to get card for our second anniversary tomorrow.....the "church wedding" this time LOL

Monthly Report for May

May continued to be a great month with good eating and workouts.

Still on track with chocolate for the month and with the PB, as I had PB ice cream and some spoonfuls. daily fruit was great with lunch, plus in desserts. Got Vitamin D for the month as always with fish and daily dosage too.

Start date for May was 1st with a doctor's appointment and on May 2nd shopping so lots of walking. Thursday did vacuuming and got in a walk to the office and back.

On Friday the 4th I did the 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, leg workout and Flexibility workout. The second week of May......Monday the 7th of May.....10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, upper body Pilates and Flexibility workout; for Tuesday the 8th I did a RLW of dusting and waxing the whole house. Wednesday was shopping so lots of walkig; Thursday was vacuuming and Friday 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, upper body Pilates and Flexibility workout. The third week of May.....Monday 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, upper body Pilates and Flexibility workout; Tuesday RLW of dusting, Wednesday it was shopping day again so lots of walking. Thursday vacuuming and Friday 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, lower body Pilates and Flexibility workout. Week 4 did on Monday did 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, lower body Pilates and Flexibility workout Tuedsay RLW of dusting; Wednesday NO WORKOUT THIS A.M. UP ALL NIGHT, TIRED AND STOMACH HURTS, Thursday vacuuming and Friday, 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, lower body Pilates and Flexibility workout.

The last week in May.....Monday 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, Total Body Pilates and Flexibility workout for the week; Tuesday I did good monthly dusting as have a doctor's appointment the following Tuesday. Wednesday....10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, Total Body Pilates and Flexibility workout for the week.Thursday vacuuming and also went shopping too. Friday 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, Total Body Pilates and Flexibility workout for the week. Then also did a top to bottom cleaning of kitchen and dining areas in additiion to takig care of clothes washes. So a full month for sure.

As for June's workouts......Tighten and Ton Pilates with resistance band with Lara Hudson...week 2 will be Tightened and Toned core for the week. Week 3 will be Defined Arms and Shoulders; Week 4 Trim and Slim Lower body and will add Long and Lean Stretch to end each workout for each of the days of the week.

Weigh Ins for the Month:
5/6/18 Sunday weigh in 115.5
5/13/18 Sunday weigh in 113.5
5/20/18 Sunday Weigh in 112.5
5/27/18 Sunday weigh in 111.5

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving up lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We will continue to have them over other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, potatoes, corn, spinach and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2017 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning all, Well, it's been a long time and if I were to get caught up it would take a long time. Just letting all know that I am still around and still working on weight!!! It's getting better but very slow.

Wanting to say Hello to everyone and sorry I am not posting on here very often . I hope to do better in the future.

Not much going on at house. Same old stuff so nothing new to tell . grand son graduated from High School this May and is still working at Krogers. Plans on going to community college for Law Enforcement in the fall . He had wanted to go into the service but can't do that until his braces come off which is still a year away .

His Sister played basketball for her school this past season and seems to like it and isn't too bad of a player . She is very tall compared to the rest of the woman in the family . Gets it from her Dad.

Little Chloe Youngest grandchild is getting very grown up for 11 (soon to be) .

knee still bothers me but not as bad when it first happened and so it is manageable. Still going to the YMCA a couple times a week and also still working out at home. A good habit to get into.

Hope all of you are doing well and I will take some time today to read some of the older posts. I have a lot to read.

Mo have you moved yet?

Chris how are you doing on your exercise?

Sue , I am still trying to get use to new email address and I need to get caught up there also and did you get your computer all done this week end. I had to reformat mine also over the weekend so now maybe i won't have to get a new one. Seems to be better.

It is raining again today and the grass is growing to fast !!!!!!
Our shrubs really need trimming but we are having new landscaping later this month so don't want to trim but they are getting tall and i can hardly see out the front window.

Take Care everyone .

Nancy
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No need to apologise Nancy. You're entitled to a life and ot tend to your own needs, wants and necessities.

You are always a valued and appreciated part of this community, however often you participate :).
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Thank you Boss M
an I appreciate it very much.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

well Ladies , Here I am again waiting for time to go to the YMCA. We go to two different ones . One is near me and the other about 25 minutes away . 2 of us live close by but one lives near the Y which is 25 minutes away so we switch them up so one doesn't always have to drive so far. Today the one I am going to doesn't start until 9 30 which I don't like but I do it because of the distance . The Class I really like and starts at 8 plus the instructor, I really enjoy is of course the one 25 minutes away. . Also the class I am taking is strength but I only use 5# weights so I actually still do heavier weights at home on a different day . I'm not seeing any difference in weight since I started this class but I know it's good for me so I will continue . The one class has a 15 minute warm up which I think is to long as the class is only 45 minutes and then she also has a long cool down . The other day she had us do walking lunges around the gym . I feel that we shouldn't be doing them because I am to darn old and they hurt and knees are bad as probably are the others too. We are all seniors . So next time I won't be doing them as I suffer for days afterwards. I think you can really hurt yourself if you do not do them properly . Boss Man what's your opinion on lunges for seniors .
Yah , I am so glad to read that you were doing a little walking with Leslie . She's great for when the weather is bad and 2 miles is great .

Well I need to get dressed and on way .

ah, two days in a row of posting !
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Walking lunges can be a good exercise to help build hamstring strength, but like any exercise, if it is hurting then consider desisting from doing it.

You have 3 possible options here.

1. Try the exercise with less weight to see if your knees have a tolerance to some weight.

2.Try the exercise with no weight to see if your knees have a tolerance to the exercise at all.

3. Desist from doing it.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey Bama! :wave: Good to see you pop in.

exercise is not going very well. :( I am getting out and walking a bit and DH and I try to get out on the weekends and either bike or hike/walk. Unfortunately I am not motivated to do anything right now which includes gardening, cleaning house or exercising. eating is off as well. I think menopausal hormones are working against me. :x Or I could be one lazy butt right now!! :lol:

Glad to see you are still at it and that it is helping you. :D
Love hearing from you but we know you have other things going on in your life as well. SO stop feeling guilty!! :D
TTFN!
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all! Just to let you know I'm still around and hoping you all are doing fine with your summer, or is it summer yet?:) Not much going on here. I did get to older son's in town close by for a few nights to get out last weekend. He was working for someone the dayshift then but had Mon. and Tues. off then so short week for him this week. I get to talk on phone and on video to see son in San Diego which is really nice. Miss him a lot too:( He has decided he may as well do 3 more months there since he knows everything and saving money etc. So will be Oct. later when he gets done now. May fly home for a week in Aug. though and they said they'd pay him for it:) I told him its too bad he hadn't gone there for the winter instead of the summer.
son and DIL are doing fine I guess. They are pretty busy I'm sure with all the stuff their doing with the house and still need to come look at storage up here yet also but hopefully they can get rid of some stuff too down there. Lots of other activities to go to also with the kids. son's MIL went with her oldest DD on a free cruise to Italy so I'm seeing a lot of pictures from there. They should be home soon i think as it was an 8 day one that the DD had won:)
I hope none of you have had any of that terrible weather that I've seen on news? Mo, how are you doing with the getting ready to move? I hope your DD has her leg a lot better by now? Lots of wishes for all to go smoothly for you now.
Bama, nice to see you here also:) If i was going for exercise, I just would walk along and not do the lunges:) Course I'd be happy to be able to just walk:) Most exercise classes leave it up to you to know what you are able or should do I guess. I only wish I had grown a lot taller like your :)
Sue, hoping you get more sleep nights then not:( Such a good plan you have and all though. If you like something more, couldn't you eat a bit more of it? I know I have Too much extra on me but it seems you could put a bit more on?:) Nice to have a Little extra in case of anything I say:) But thats just me:) You are doing great and I'm sure you will have the computer stuff all done soon too. Sorry about the Hot weather there. As you said, it doesn't seem so hot in SD as the ocean breeze and no humidity for son so its all so different from here too.
Chris, well you sound like I am ALL the time;) And no hormone trouble here I don't think:) Just body and mind are 2 different things and in different shape I guess:( I know you will get going again and just enjoy the down times when you get them as I know they don't seem to last too long for you:) And more summer activities with the kids too I guess?
Way out here, not much goes on but been enjoying watching these Huge generators being hauled past our house on highway as they go to a electric plant. There is a Bunch of vehicles, police, vans with very high antenna's that are suppose to let them know if power lines are too low, then a bunch of power trucks who hold them up for the extra wide load to go under, plus about 6 semi-trucks hitched to the end of the Long trailer carrying the over 300 ton generator to push it all up hills etc. and then a few more vehicles and power trucks etc. they go at night, cause no traffic can be On the road at all when they pass through. And they have 7 of them to haul, one at a time from the town where they were shipped to from Italy. A ship from Italy brought them in:) So, it a highlight for me:)) Sit on steps and enjoy the stars and all while waiting:) I know, super fun:)
Well, take care all and Flag day today and enjoy the Father's day too this weekend also:) Oh I finally did get sauna going so have had a couple and that is the joy of life:)) TTYL, :sunshine: :wave:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Thanks Boss Man , I think I will just have to give it up. No sense in putting any more stress on the knees than necessary . I am going to just try a few at a time and see how that goes . The instructor has us walk the length of the gym and then back. Maybe fewer will be better for me LOL.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Happy Friday Girls, Just stopping in to say hi. Warm here today , tomorrow is supposed to be in the nineties so Son and family are going to Kings Island which has a water park. They invited me but it's an all day venture and I couldn't stand the heat that long.

Well we just had french doors put in with the blinds in between and just saw that one of them is bent!!!! Went to see the people and they said they are not responsible for that and did contact the manufacturer and they are going to replace it. So that is taken care of . Waiting for the landscapers to come and do their thing and I hope soon as the shrubs are getting so tall and I don't want to have to trim . Should be this month . Got fingers crossed anyway.

Chris , Yep menopause is not a good thing . Some woman have a lot of trouble and some have none. I was one of the lucky one . Breeze right thru it . Just walk when you can and try to stay calm . I read that walking is man's medicine somewhere . Or how about a walk a day keeps the doctor away .

Yah, nice to hear from you also . I'm sure you miss your son . DD doesn't come over a lot but son does live near by and he stops over on Sundays .

Morning Sue and Mo and Becky Hope all going well for you.

Hubby wanting some breakfast so I said there is cereal. LOL . He thought when he retired that I was going to be cooking 3 meals a day for him. I soon set him straight on that.

Later .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

I see I have a lot of catch up to do.....off to breakfast, workouts and paperwork but hope (I live in eternal hope) to get back and catch up. In any case have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend and a Happy Father's Day to all the dad's on Sunday....I will think of mine fondly......and know he is looking down and watching over me.

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Alabama 1 wrote:Hubby wanting some breakfast so I said there is cereal. LOL . He thought when he retired that I was going to be cooking 3 meals a day for him. I soon set him straight on that.
Yeah, you told him he was undervaluing the contribution you would be capable of making and that 3 meals and 2-3 additional snacks would be more than possible, given the excellent culinary capabilities a domestic goddess such as you possessed :).

I'm pretty sure making his meals and snacks comes under the heading of cherishing, so the wedding vows should have covered that :tongue:.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Bama so good to see you here, have missed you. Hey slow and steady wins the race. I see you grandson graduated HS in May and is still working at Krogers....hey great store and places for him to go there if he wants. I see he's thinking of Law Enforcement....took many of those classes for night classes and also had many of them in insurance classes I took. I see his sister is doing great with the basketball playing and she's a good player too. Ahhhh on Chloe getting t be so grown up for 11 years of age.

Sorry to hear about the knee. Glad to hear it's a bit better and I see you are still going to the YMCA and doing home workouts too.

I got the email about the gmail and so replaced it with you old one. Yes, almost done with programs and such, however, still some stuff to do with the new computer. Ah yes I remember having to reformat and putting everything back on after the virus from FB years back....NOT FUN.

Send that rain our way....we need it.

Good luck with the new landscaping.

You too, Bama, take care. Are you going to Florida this year? How are your friends back in Atlanta?

You're lucky to have two YMCA's to choose from Bama. Sorry about the later start and I am with you I like a earlier start too. Well I am stuck with 5 pounders DOCTOR'S ORDERS!!!!

I have been using the bands instead....donated 10, 15 and 20 pounders to the Salvation Army. Tears came to eyes....LOL

How about firmness Bama, that counts and builds muscle and muscle weighs more.....do don't always go by the number on the scale but how your body looks and feels.

Bama, when she gets to that part skip it. No sense putting yourself in pain. I am with Bossman's advise.

Sorry about the exercise Chris. Hey getting out and walking is good. Plus I see bike and hike/walk with hubby....that's good too. Yup gardening and pulling and raking and weeding and all that other "fun stuff" will give you a workout for you.

Well you know how I love cleaning....if i lived closer I'd clean for you. DO NOT miscount those menopausal hormones seriously Chris, doctor at the time told me I would gain some weight and she was right, plus being so depressed I'd eat (Doritos and Ruffles) too. I had a terrible time with menopause as Chuck calls it 6 years of HELL! levels were off the charts that doctor had she said she'd had NEVER EVER seen such high levels. So have yours checked. They can put you on something. I couldn't NOT with all the other meds I was on.

YAH, so glad you are able to keep in touch with your boys. Sorry your other son and DIL are so busy and you don't hear much from them.....HUGS

Oh how lucky Italy.....I would love to go there.....

Thanks on the sleep, YAH and yeah I try to add some stuff in but too much makes tummy mad LOL I hate mad tummy's. Yeah well as for the heat....such is life in the Central Valley comes with the territory LOL

Yeah your son is so lucky SD......so nice and cool.

Glad you enjoyed the Generator's parade.

Bama, I see your Friday was like ours, only we were in the 100s. instead however, low humidity so that's the saving grace here. Unlike Long Island and NYC with 75 to 80's humidity. Plus 90s on L.I. in August....I don't miss it.

Glad they will replace the door. Hope the landscapers did the job you wanted.

LOL about hubby thinking you would make him a breakfast.

Well I am off to do a mail check and play some games till hubby gets up. I slept last night and not laying down after meds, breathing as I want to sleep tonight again....wish me luck LOL

Hope all the dad's had a great Father's Day......I did memories of me and dad today.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Well I didn't get a lot of walking in last week. I did better on the weekend with a couple of short bike rides (gotta get the body used to it), a brisk walk on Sunday morning, and also I got out on scooter with youngest. I wonder if there are many other 49 y-o Mom's who own a scooter? :wink: Well I had a bit of a wake up call this morning when I got on the scale (although I kind of knew) I am back up to heavier weight. :( SO if I want to get somewhere with weight and body shape I have to make a commitment to get the exercise in and eat better. :oops: Well I need to look after health so that is where I am at. :roll: I will have to start out slow with the exercise but be consistent. Here is hoping I really can do it. :?
TTFN!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

whenlifewassimpler wrote:Well I am stuck with 5 pounders DOCTOR'S ORDERS!!!!

I have been using the bands instead....donated 10, 15 and 20 pounders to the Salvation Army. Tears came to eyes....LOL
Why did the doctor put limitations on the weights Sue?