Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by young at heart »

Just popping in to say HI! Not much to report about exercise though:( do get in some of the 2 mile Leslie S. one yet though. Weather has been good but maybe rain tonight and cooler which I don't mind anyway. I got to stay at son's last week for 3 nights and that was nice:) Talked to son in SD and he is working the 12 hr. shifts but also gets paid OT for All of them, so will be nice for him:) All 36 hrs. I guess:) He always walks the 30 min. to work usually but took a Uber home in early morning and only a couple bucks for that:) otherwise he get a scooter or bike as they have them all over and GPS on them so they know where they are, so you can pay by card very little, but leave them wherever you end up:) He did go in water at beach but not used to the Salty water:) Had to shower it off after. the fresh lakes up here are not salty:) Getting closer to going dog sit in CF's next week. I will not be going around the the dog Sue:) He's too big for me to handle so will just put him out for his duties I guess:( I'll probably be keeping him company mostly I guess. Well, going bed soon to read. Can't remember the title now?:) Its nice you get the walks in to work and at work at least Chris:) I know I used to go walking on this circle trail we had at our facility also before:) But now its taken out a bit as they are adding on to the facility a rehab and more private rooms so a lot of trees were taken down and the boardwalk also for now:( son tells me this as he still works there and the FB page for it also:)
Sue, hoping you get more sleep nights then less?:( I'm sure you would have liked the ocean breeze more as I'm sure your Dh would have loved it as its cooler right? Hope your maintenance guy proves to be a good one too. Have a good night all and Mo, Bama and Becky also if you look anyway:) Take care! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Chris, I see you have been a busy lady. Glad the lesson went well on Saturday and I see you took a trip to your parents farm to see your sister. Glad everyone is doing well too and sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I see you got some wet stuff and it's was nice and sunny the next day. I see you got out for a nice walk too.

Yeah April wasn't too bad. Glad your weight is staying steady also. Oh I have to put some pounds on....Chuck says I am too skinny now. arms are way too thin. Yeah seems like the sleepless nights are part of life now so I take the nights I do sleep as a blessing.

I see you got in a lot of walking last Tuesday too with to work, at lunch and to get your son too. Ouch poor little guy! Glad he is alright and just a bruise.

I see you got some practice in Tuesday night on the chanter and the pipes. You have to tape yourself or videotape yourself Chris so we can see and hear it too.

YAH, a big HI back at ya. I see you get some of Leslie's 2 mile ones in.

Glad the weather has been so nice and I see rain and cooler. Glad you got to stay at your son's for 3 nights this week.

Glad your son in SD is getting overtime. I see he is being treated well and walks to work but took an Uber in the early morning. Lots of issues with that company....I'd be leery of them.

Yeah the ocean....I miss it so.....part of the reason I have the barnacles being out in the "sun" so much. Such is life I loved it.

I see dog sitting maybe very soon. I am sure Henry will be happy to see you. I gotcha on the walking with Henry and hope he does well with his outings.

Hope you got some more good reading on your book and you slept well.

Well some good nights and bad. Slept till 3:30 a.m. last night and woke up scratching away but the fan was on full blast. I tried but got up at 4:30 a.m. and crunched myself in chair. That didn't work so I just finally got up and washed up at 6 a.m. and brought up the computers. I am tired, cranky and his nibs hasn't said a word to me. So I reciprocate....not going to be a good summer. I can see it now. I NEED TO WRITE THE WORD COMPROMISE ON A PIECE OF PAPER AND PUT IT ON HIS DESK.

Yes hubby would like the breeze and a normal breeze isn't problem its' the fan and a/c....they dry skin out and make me itch. Whatever, I am NOT going to win no matter what I did.

Well I am off to breakfast I hope he is still sitting and messing around with something on his computer.

Shopping day today....wishing everyone a good day.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All! :wave: I was tired this morning so I brought the car to work. I did get out at lunch time for a 30 minute walk. :D So nice today!! :sunshine: No spring here to speak of just winter turned into summer. :bugeyes:

Best of luck with your shopping Sue! :wink: DH has orders to videotape our Spring Tea performance already. :lol:

YAH hopefully the weather will cooperate and you can get to walking in the woods. :)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Chris some days the car is the best way. You got a lot of good walking in so a reprieve is understandable. Yeah nice here too, only going to low 80s and nice breeze with sunshine. We'll take it. Yeah we had years like that in Rochester, went from Winter to summer...

Well by now you have the shopping report and thanks it went well.

Glad hubby will be taping it.

I am with Chris, YAH hope the weather cooperates for that walk in the woods.

Well off to mail, stories, etc then eat, vacuum, cook and the list goes on.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Happy Mother's Day, Sweat Sisters!

I'm glad to see you are all well and keeping busy.

Hope you've been able to sauna, YAH. Yay on it working out for your youngest to work from home! :clap: Good luck with dog-sitting; hope you enjoy your time away.

Glad your son's desk accident wasn't serious, Chris. :) Sounds like you've been enjoying the weather and also your music.

Looks like you had a good April, Sue! :thumb: Good luck with May! I'm confident you'll figure out how to add weight when you are ready to do that ~ you are a smart, resourceful woman and I'm sure you can reach whatever goal you set for yourself. :sunshine:

Bama and Becky, I see you on Facebook once in awhile but hello, if you are popping in here.

house projects had to be set aside for a week while I went to GA to nurse DD after her surgery, but I made an appt with a realtor for this coming Friday. She's supposed to come give us a "market analysis," to let us know what we could expect to get for the house. That will help keep me focused this week!

I spoke to DD today; she has her follow up on Wed. and is looking forward to getting the cast off her ankle and getting a boot instead. She says she wants to see what kind of scars she has! :D The pain is manageable; she takes an Advil once in a while, and says the worst is just being stuck in inactivity.

Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday. Both of kids called me, so now I'm off to call momma.

Have a great evening~
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Welcome home Molasses, hope you had a nice Mother's Day. Yeah not too bad for April. Thanks for May and the kind and encouraging words. I will try.

I know your daughter was happy to have her mom there with her for her recovery. Yeah I feel for her as even after I came home from the hospital....I was either laying in the bed or sitting in the love seat too weak to do anything. legs were like jelly and he had to hold arm when I walked. Was very happy when I got back on feet and was able to help again.

Glad you had a lovely Sunday and both your kids called you and you got to call your momma too.

Well I am off to do a mail check and work on more music, hope to finish it today so I can then start on pictures again.

A good day to all,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All :wave:
It seems like forever since I have had time to touch base! Holy Crow!! It has been two weeks! :bugeyes: Who knew? On May 12 we had our recital on the bagpipes and that went well for us. On Mother's day I took a soap making workshop and had great fun at that. I am looking forward to making more of own soap instead of buying store detergents. soap has an almond fragrance in it and smells great as it is sitting in the dining room curing until mid-June when I can start using it. The following week was a week of training and sitting all day. :( I felt like all I was doing was sitting and eating. It was catered training so they fed us well. The lady tried to switch it up and make healthier choices for us which was nice. Last Friday I went to supper with a friend and I suggested we eat light and then go for a nice walk. She is a Les Mills instructor so she was all over that! We walked for an hour that night. I repeated the walk on Monday. It was roughly 4.5 miles. Tuesday I got in a 30 minute walk at lunch time and today I will get lots of walking in as well. :thumb:
I have been keeping an eye on weight and it is staying pretty steady and 123 lbs. I am watching portions and as you can tell getting in what I can for exercise.
Sue, Mo and YAH good to read what is going on with you.
I will be back soon! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I remember seeing someone on TV several years ago, trying an experiment where they put a bar of soap in a microwave and when it came out, it looked like it had a rhino horn :funny:.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Chris, so glad to see you and hey no worries last I posted was 15th of May so 10 days for me LOL

So glad that the recital on the bagpipes went well. Wow on the Mother's day soap making workshop. Oh I didn't like those all training and sitting all day...had those periodically in the hospital too. Our Dean always made sure it was all healthy stuff...I loved it but many others did NOT. Glad the lady tried to switch it up for you.

I see you had supper with a friend too and a light one with a nice walk where you got to chit chat I am sure. Ah I see she's a Les Mills instructor so she enjoyed that too. I see you got a nice walk in on Tuesday and Thursday too.

Hope your Friday goes well and you had a nice Victoria day on Monday, I am sorry I didn't get a greeting out to you on Monday.....bad Susan LOL

Kudos on the 123 and holding steady. I was in that range when Chuck and I met and it was a good weight for me when I was still 2 inches taller. Now, not so much, I was up today so I was happy but won't hold breath and hope that it lasts for a while.

Everything in moderation Chris, is motto as you know and it has worked for us for years. I got in trouble when I got out of ICU for 21 days and was so weak and they told me to eat....so I did. And you know the rest so won't repeat myself.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Bossman that sounds pretty cool a rhino horn made out of soap.

Well off to do a mail check, since other stuff is all done since I was up all night again....oh yeah I laid down for got about 60 minutes of sleep maybe. LOL

Have a great weekend all, and for those of you in the USA a good Memorial Day.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

:lol: I have seen some videos of people's science experiments with soap. I missed the rhino horn though. :lol:

You really were up all night Sue. Thanks for the emails. There were some funny stuff there, but I kept thinking "what is Sue doing UP at this hour??" :wowzer:
Have a great weekend!! :wave:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Here's the footage I remember seeing from years ago, when a guy called Danny Baker microwaved soap, it's really funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbKPsk9FYz8
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Chris, Sue is up all night many nights now, unfortunately, old age, the itching and the list goes on. It's a blessing when I get to sleep all night, which I did last night PTL. Glad you enjoyed the funnies and you too, have a great weekend.

Bossman will check out the Youtube video later.

Off to do morning checks, clean bathrooms, make up a fritatta and the list goes on LOL

Have a great day...

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Thanks Boss man that is funny!! :lol: :lol:

Saturday I did a charity run. We were raising money for survivors of brain tumours (education, research and aid). I managed to run and walk for two laps so I am pretty impressed with myself! :D I haven't done any running in a few years due to feet issues. Yesterday I got most of veggies into pots on deck. Today I walked for 30 minutes at lunch time. Now I am all caught up. :D :wave:

Sue I hope your weekend went well. I haven't had time to read it yet.

I'll be back on Thursday! :bugeyes: :lol: :wink:
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all! Guess I've been off for a bit too:) Had week dog sitting where son and his family are going to be living now. He can work remotely but the packing etc. are sure a big job. They packed a u-haul this last weekend but took a while since very hot in Mn. and T-storms also and finally got to CF last night. So I'm sure today was unpacking partly, or putting the stuff somewhere as their also changing rugs etc. in his wife's grama's house that they will live in rent free, pay utilities of course, but maybe a year while they look around. painting it etc. so her stepdad can sell for more then. He has to go back to Mn. hopefully one more time only to clean up better next weekend. I enjoyed time with Big choc. lab Henry. Watched a pair of cardinals in back yard who have a nest there:) Haven't see one for ages since living by Detroit:) And all the other birds singing away and deer were right in back yard also, turkeys and saw a hummingbird also. Nice view from kitchen that I don't see here at all:( Older son came down and we went to other town with more places to eat, and then his car's transmission hose went. We did get back to CF but had to stop here and there for the 15 miles to put 12 qts. of transmission oil in:) He fixed it the next day and got him back home anyway:) He fixed a few things around the house to:)

It has been in 80's here and humid so not getting much done:( son in San Diego is having 60's and not humid and an ocean breeze while it was in 90's in GB where he normally lives:) He's been working the 11 pm to 7 a.m shift and walking back and for breakfast etc. He misses having his Good bike there. They do have scooters and bikes to hop on, and leave where you go though if you want but not so great ones:)
Mo, I'm sure you DD loved you being there and sounds like a lot of things going on for you too? Hope the house sells quickly for you. I only wish I was moving too. Bama I love all the outfits you make for your goose too on fb:)) Hope you are doing fine too? Sue, so sorry about the lack of sleep for sure! Wish you could find something for the itchies etc. hope it cools off also so no A/C but I doubt it right? Only fans here. But good enough as hot weather usually doesn't stick around. Chris, sounds like a lot of nice walking you've been getting:) Wishing I could do that much. Wow on the soap making too;) I see some soap that is made here but never tried it. Funny Bossman on the video:)) Take care all and soon it will be June already. We just seem to have got rid of our snow:) C U :sunshine: :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Whew what a week so far, busy and tired from lack of sleep.

Bossman I am with Chris, the video was very funny.

Kudos on the charity run Chris and the cause too. I see you did very well too. Glad you got most of your veggies into pots on your deck. We had an area in our backyard growing up on L.I. where dad and I would plant stuff....did quite well and love getting our scallions and other veggies from it and having them with our dinner.

I see you got some nice minutes walking in on Monday too.

It was a pretty good week and weekend Chris.

I know you had a nice visit with Henry, YAH and he even behaved himself. Hope you get to go back again once the kids get all set up. Glad your son can do his work remotely that is very nice. Yeah I don't envy them all the unpacking and set up and arranging. Had a lot of practice over the years, from our first apartment, then to our next and then to mom and dad's, two places in Virginia, and two places in Rochester, then an apartment in Sacto, then the house, then Lousy and finally where we are now....coming on 20 years next year. Long time but we really like it here.

Nice it's only utilities for them and with the work they do it will sell for a higher price. Wow I haven't seen a pair of cardinals since I left NY, YAH. Same here YAH they are birds to wake up, put us to sleep and amuse us during the day; along with our buddies the squirrels too!

Wow on the deer in the backyard....that would be so cool.

Oh I have seen hummingbird, Carolyn, several times already. Love nice kitchen views; we have had some great ones over our many years and abodes! LOL

Sounds like a wonderful view from the kitchen. Glad your older son came down too and you got to see the other town and more places to eat and all too. Sorry about his car's transmission hose. Glad he got it fixed so quickly. I see he fixed some stuff around the house too.

HUGS on the 80s as I know the humidity there ain't fun as it was terrible in NYC and even Long Island for us. August was the worst with 90 degrees and 90% humidity...get a bar of soap and wash off as you went outside and started dripping water from your body.

Yeah I told you we arrived in San Diego for our cross country trip to California and if our stuff wasn't going to Sacramento we would have planted our patooties in San Diego.

girlfriend Debbie worked that shift during the week and like it very much. Sorry about his bike.

Thanks on the itching and me too on finding something. Well the fans have been irritating skin too....so a "o win" situation.

Yeah hard to believe it's June 1st tomorrow.

Well off to last mail check and skipping lay down will just do meds and breathing as need to do the computer room dusting. So hoping for the one part of the room and desk and Chuck's desk after we have dinner. Wish me luck.

Sue