Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am off to put towels in Ethel and then go clean the bathrooms, do the rest of the washes and make up a frittata for dinner.

Have a nice weekend,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Just a quick drop in to say HI and hoping everyone is enjoying their summer:)) Still hot here for me:) Have a day or two sometimes cooler and then the heat and humidity come back:( But we know its not long. I did go dog and cat sit down son's for the weekend and they have central air there so that was nice. I put it off at night as kind of too cool for me:) Fan was good enough then. Was nice seeing Misa again and Henry was ready for exercise by the time son got back as he was pretty jumpy by then:) I have to just put him on a line and sit with him for him to stay outside and I wasn't doing that long in the heat and he didn't like laying in the heat too long either. Otherwise, listening to the deer right close by in woods on their trail and then having the doe come out to see us:)) Some very loud snorts from her too:) And I saw the cardinal and his mate and their 3 babies who were old enough to fly with them on lawn anyway:) So enjoyed that and then back to warmer house here:( Missing sauna but just too hot to have it right now.(
Chris, I see you have it hot enough too:) We were hotter then son in SD even but they did get some hot days there but not bad with the low humidity and ocean breeze. But if he's outside, the sun is closer to him so its Hot. I imagine walking to work might be a little cooler? But not walking home right? Enjoy while you can I guess. Do you go swimming then too? Feel sorry for the people up north as the BIG rains caused many of the beaches to be closed because of bad water in them and people sure want to cool off now:( they had some more rain so didn't help much. Their all hoping it all clears up back to the blue nice waters soon.
Sue, so sorry about the bad sleep and wish you some answer to the skin itching too:( Yes, you would have enjoyed the climate in SD for sure. There are more fires up north there also so I can see the AQ being bad a lot too . Wishes for a cool off for you too! Love your comics and emails:) take care!
Bama, Mo and anyone else checking, enjoy your summer and hope all things are happening that you wish for too:) C U :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Just a quick drop in for me. Not much on the exercise front for me. I have been dealing with a digestive issue and I hope that is all figured out now. :roll: As we all like to say "Ain't getting old grand!!" :lol:
I did get out on the water on saturday in kayak. Soooo nice! 8)
Hi YAH! I haven't been walking as much as I would like so I need to get back to that. Yes it is cooler in the morning most days. We haven't been to a beach yet this summer. I like playing in the water but I am not much of a swimmer. :wink:
Hi Sue I will have to take some time and read your e.mail as I haven't got to it yet. :D

I hope all is well with everyone. :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

It's another sleepless night and before I go offline to play games to wait till it's 6 a.m., and that is now late enough for me to turn the fan off according to his nibs.....whatever.

YAH love when you pop in....HUGS on that heat.....hey I know we were 108 here today with a bit high dew point.....however, even people with no pulmonary diseases are having trouble breathing with the fire going on around us now for so long....it started in Sacramento and spread.

Yeah you are lucky back east as it gets cooler a lot earlier than we do. Sometimes we will start in mid September, but that can be a HOT month too...hoping it isn't this year.

Central air all around this area and lots of others too with the heat. Most of us would love to live in San Diego....LOL I did see that Comic Con has started there this week. Good luck to your son.

Glad you had such a nice time cat and dog sitting and you got to see Misa again and Henry too. Wow how cool on the deer and chuckling over the deer noise while you and Henry were there LOL

Oh how neat on the cardinal and his mate the the babies too.

Sorry on the sauna and the heat. Yeah SD is gorgeous most of the time...

Thanks YAH on the sleeping and skin itching....I went to the allergy place and the test showed nothing that I didn't already know I was allergic too....could not explain the itching.

Yeah we have alerts almost every day since this fire moved into our neck of the woods. Not nice at all. Luckily I have oxygen as it's starting to bother even Chuck....

Glad you enjoyed the comics and emails too.

Chris, sorry to hear about the digestive issue and I hope it gets figured out too. Yup that's about the jest of it Chris. Glad you got out on the water in your kayak.

Oh Chris, something I really miss as loved to swim, body surf and water ski too!

Oh whenever you get a chance to read it Chris. I know you are busy with works, your own projects, the kids etc.

Well it's now 5:20 a.m., so only 40 minutes now till I can go lay down as it will be late enough to turn the fan off. Just want to stretch out as have to get up at 6:45 a.m. as I have to go and get our pills unfortunately by Handyride not Margaret....such is life. Chuck isn't going. I told him to just stay home with the AQ bothering him. I, at least, have oxygen and inhalers (he can't use inhalers with his heart condition). I did alright with the times...now if I just don't go on a "3 hour tour" either way LOL

Wish me luck.

Kyle, thanks again for all the advice...and hope you find a buyer soon so you can go onto the next phase in your lives.

Bama, hope all is well with you and yours.

Well I am off to play some games till 6 a.m.

Wishing you all a nice weekend.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Have a good day everyone!! Too warm and humid here:( So not doing much at all:( Son in town is off for 3 days but I don't know if I will even get there.
Sue, in SD, something about comics? I think John mentioned something but then he loves comics if their like the ones he likes:) He probably will go see about it anyway:) He is start on afternoon shift next week, not sure when he starts though. Will have walk or bike then as no free parking then:( But its not far away so... the only thing with that is when he returns in Aug. from vacation, might not get back in time. Depending on planes and all too.
Chris, oh I would love to have the guts to go kayaking:) I see them all over when the big lake is calm and they see so much that you can't see even walking along the cliffs etc. When I got in water, you couldn't get me out but only would do that Very privately now:( I don't swim, I dog paddle all over, back and forth. Such good exercise:( I sure do miss it. I hope your feeling better now?
Bama, nice landscaping job at your house:) I liked the before stuff and the after stuff. Kind of grown in here but we don't bother much. Except to have DB prune apple tree so I can eventually have some nice big apples again:) hope your doing fine too:)
Mo, hoping your closer to moving and will enjoy the cold snow in the north then:) I forget the lady who moved to Ely, Mn. but hope she gets out ok etc. too. Hope Money is doing good too:) ok, ending this so not too long:) Hugs all over:) :coffee: :sunshine: :wave:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

whenlifewassimpler wrote:Thanks YAH on the sleeping and skin itching....I went to the allergy place and the test showed nothing that I didn't already know I was allergic too....could not explain the itching.
Well of course I obviously don't know what was discussed, but some possible reasons could be some new clothes you bought recently, new bedding, or something dietary, like one or more new things you've been eating lately, or alternatively you may have been exposed to some sort of insect life, getting in through some open windows or doors.

I doubt very much it's related to pills or oxygen tanks, unless it was a discrepancy with the manufacturing process.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Just a quick morning stop in for me. Friday I got out for a 30 minute walk, Saturday 30 minute walk and a 2 hour kayak, Sunday 30 minute walk and a 1 hour bike ride. Keeping most things to the morning when it is cooler. :D We have some drizzle this morning so I am not sure what will be going on this morning.
YAH I am not a very good swimmer either. I am one for keeping life jacket on at all times. I did takes some swim lessons when I was in mid-twenties but I don't get much practice.
Thanks Sue I think the digestive thing is now under control. I am too stubborn to let it hold me back. LOL :lol:
Have a good day all! :wave:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Hi everyone . Just a short note to let you know I am still around, Not much time at the moment and just stop in to try and figure out password which I did so will stop in tomorrow with a longer post.

See you all tomorrow .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon,

YAH I feel for you on the heat....and while our humidity is low our dew point isn't so it's not feeling so good here either. In addition we have a big fire up in Yosemite that came from Sacto and is making our air quality in the HIGHER than HIGH levels....I go out to dump garbage and have to use inhaler when I come in. It was fish and Chuck can't stand the smell so I went with it. I just put all of it in the box and toss it.

Yes YAH, it was ComicCon being held in SD the past couple of weeks. Luckily John getting to go. Bummer on no free parking when he has to work the afternoon shift. I hope he can make it back home for his August vacation. Hope there is a low cost plane out and back for him.

Oh YAH if it's one thing I miss is swimming in the ocean, heck even a pool....however, oxygen cord doesn't like that. LOL

Oh Bama, sounds like a nice landscaping job at your house according to YAH.

Bossman yes it is related in part to the medications I am on as I am on a lot and many have the side effect of drying out skin. In addition, hubby and I have been doing some tracking and some of it is also "heat related too". In addition life in the sun is coming back to haunt me now in the form of "barnacles of life" and the small little ones that they are so many of itch. Payback for "fun in the sun" from early years into 30s. JFYI Bossman too much aspirin (which for many in age group with all the aches and pains we have....will dry out the skin....I was told this by every doctor I go to....so I limit use of it and deal with the pain.

No oxygen if FREE of blame.....about the only good med for me LOL

Thanks for the concern and thoughts!

Kudos on the 30 minute walk Friday, Saturday and Sunday in addition to a 2 hour kayak, and 1 hour bike ride too. Yeah much nicer in the a.m. here too. Come 11 a.m. we stay in as much as we can.

YAH and Chris, HUGS on the swimming....as you know YAH I learned at a very early age in the ocean with dad letting go and moving legs while mom screamed from shore......grab her she's going to drown..... father said she is fine; she kicking away and he kept doing more each year so by the time I was 4 years old I was swimming away like a kid twice age. Each year I got older the stronger and more I could do. I used to test with the lifeguards and kick their butts and that's when I and they knew well "we never have to worry about Sue anymore" LOL In fact as YAH knows Chris, they ask me to do the test with the newbies who of course, saw this 4'11 girl and thought she can't save us....well weren't they surprised when I brought them into shore! LOL

Glad you got the digestive thing in order and under control. Yes we are stubborn gals aren't we LOL

Bama, wow so nice to see you....I was wondering how you were. Glad you are still around and glad you figured out your password. Tip try RoboForm for FREE we have used it for years now...you can also buy it but the FREE version is good enough for us. I will send you the link by email.

Can't wait for you to catch up with us....hope you have been getting away for little trips and don't you go back to GA and Florida this time of year too?

Well I am off as time for meds, breathing exercises and all that fun stuff.

Have a nice night and the rest of the week.

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning and here I am as I promised.

Haven't read all the posts but I will try and catch you up on us.

Yes, Sue we had our house re landscaped and I like it . I would post pictures but I have never learned how on this site. It will of course look a lot better next year as everything is small . We also had a new French door put in to our patio . I love it . It has the blinds in between the glass . The old one did not and we had to have drapes because we get the afternoon Sun there. . Finished with upgrading for a few months.

Not much new here as far as family goes. SIL from Michigan who lost her husband last year(Hubby's brother) has moved back to the area and I do like that . We have no other family here so that will be nice to visit with her.

I am still going to the Y a couple times a week and also still doing workouts at home I am doing a Walk Challenge of Walking AT LEAST one mile a day for 100 days and am on day 71 . Sometimes outside and sometimes inside. Still keeping up with strength training also.

I have a new lap top so I think I finally have it figured out. Getting all stuff back in etc. son took the old one and when I gathered up all the info for it I couldn't believe that I had it for 8 years . That's a long time I think. Anyway he cleaned it out good and says it is like new!!!!!! Oh Well. I like new one.

Well I need to get ready to hit the Y. Won't stay away so long next time.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

This is what you can do to post images.

You need to use an image site, like Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket etc, to store your pictures.

Then you copy the URL code for a specific image and paste it on this forum in between these tags

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
That should work for you.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon ladies,

Well shopping is done....I am "done in" as no sleep again last night so that's now 3 nights in a row....I am dropping off as I type, so methinks I will be going to lay down sooner than I thought. Unfortunately a/c is on yet again but blows on the side of the bed I lay on so I will wait.

Sounds like a nice job was done on the re-landscaping and the French doors on the patio...I love French doors also.

Bama, you have to have the pics on line to post them here someplace like Photo Bucket, Flickr or another photo site. Copy the link and put it in the image option here.

Glad your SIL from Michigan is moving back too. I see you are still going to the Y too and getting lots of great workouts in too.

I see a new laptop was gotten too. That's what we have been doing but new computers. Mine is done but still have Second Copy to put on and a couple programs. Yeah Chuck wanted me to get a new one as his HP died and then he worried that mine might. It's still fine, but I got a new system too and some things I like others not too fond of.

Hope you can get it all back on and things go well.

I see you explained the picture process to her also Bossman....hope all is well with you.

Well a good afternoon to all (or many evening) as I am off line now to play some Ricochet Lost Worlds!

A good night and rest of the week to all......

Sue
shebia
STARTING OUT

Post by shebia »

Every day is a new opportunity to set some new goals.I'am 52 nd I'am in the best shape of life.
I love to inspire others too :D
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I got walks in on wednesday and thursday. Today we will see. Still that is more than I have been doing so I am happy. Yesterday was showery and humid. I headed out to the store and bought some large curtain rods for one of rooms and put them right up. So far I am loving the change! :D I will be busy this weekend volunteering with our local highland games. So you know I will be one happy person watching bagpipes and drummers and guys in kilts toss various heavy things. :lol:
Good to hear all is well Bama.
Sorry about the sleep Sue.
Hi Shebia, that is what we are all about here, encouraging each other and working on ourselves. You are welcome to join us.
Be back later!
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi all, I did get out for a nice walk today about an hour I think. Then I grabbed the family and we headed to a nearby lake to beat the heat. :thumb: Tonight some great music! :D