Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning ladies,

Chris kudos to you on the walks and plank challenge. Glad you got to relax after your lesson. I hope they are going well. Yeah same here parents have to work and kids are off today. Our city has a very large Veterans' Day parade (in fact on the largest in the country they said on our news the other night). I am blowing some of our warm air your way as we will hit 70 today and 67 tomorrow. Yes layers, layers....remember them well and DON'T MISS THEM LOL

Well I am off as Lucy is done and Ethel will take over...well for a couple minutes as Lucy will be busy all day with clothes washes.

I am off to get stories, do a quick mail check, breakfast, walk and the list goes on.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday and Veteran's Day tomorrow.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hi, all,

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice Veteran's Day! I am still working on projects. DH took the nails out of the basement stairs for me yesterday (20 years ago I nailed down rubber treads on each step--with 8 nails in each one!) so I wood-puttied the holes last night, and sanded and got the first coat of paint on today. I made "Kung Pao Chickpeas" in the slow cooker yesterday and had leftovers so didn't have to make lunch today. I have to figure out what we are eating for supper though.

No warm day for parades here,Sue, so you'll have to enjoy the70s for me, too! It was down into the teens overnight. Back up to 40 tomorrow though, and into the low 50s next week, at least a few days, so I should be able to get the chicken coop trim done. I picked up some white paint on Thurs.

Schools were off Thurs and Fri for teacher convention, so the Y after-school care was hopping both days.

Yay on the walks, Chris, and good luck with your planks. Hope it's not windy for your ceremony.

Dad doesn't have a cart for his portable, Sue--he has to loop it over his shoulder or around his neck. There's a man who comes into the Y with the same set up dad has; I'm guessing the cart is much better than lugging it by the strap.

Sounds like you probably had a worse time than Chuck when he got sick. Glad you had some help!

Good to see you, YAH! All the prep is far worse than the painting--the washing and sanding and that sort of stuff. Maybe you can get your sons to come help you a few days in the summer. As much of a pain as it is, I love the results when it's all done. Glad you got some apples to enjoy. :) I sure hope you get to see the grandkids at Christmas. I'm sure you must miss them.

Thanks, Bekah--you are sweet to say that.

Hi, Bama--hope you are feeling well and having some fun.

I'd better get back to work here. Happy Saturday, everyone!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning everyone

It's 3:12 a.m. here and yup I am still up...such is life now), I did sleep all week so I guess I shouldn't complain. I am very itchy too so that is NOT helping.

Molasses I see you got a lot of work done, had yourself some yummy fare and so what did you decide on dinner?

Oh I so so don't miss the teens and the minus 25 and 30's and more sometimes in upstate NY....NOPE not a bit. We got into the 40s here at night now. Good luck with the chicken coop trim.

I see the Y was busy with kids off.

I have seen others use the type of oxygen your dad does. However, one guy got one of the new machines where you can fill it from your home oxygen when it gets low...however, it's not a continuous flow and I have to have it continuous. Yeah I was in ICU for 21 days and one night only in regular section and they didn't even like that so had me out the next day very early...as worried I might catch something in with the others around me.

Chuck's was scary enough as we took our BP every Sunday back then and his was through the roof....so we drove to St. Agnes and he never left as they had to do heart surgery with stents. He was there 3 or 4 more days....I was so darn scared....however at least Jose stopped by every day....and the neighbors across the way told me if I needed anything to come over.

Well I am off to check mail and hope to get some zzzzzz's in.

Have a nice Sunday,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Very windy and cold for our service to honour our veterans. :chilly: No complaints though they went through much worse.
I have been a lump all weekend :( . No excuses, I just was. Today I walked to work this morning for 20 min and then I have just finished 30 min lunch time walk. planks fell to the wayside as well but I will be doing 2 of the 30 sec planks today. :wink:
Have great day all! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Chris, brrr on the weather but as you said they have been through worse. Sorry on the workout plans going to hell in a handbasket...been there, done that so can relate. It happens, we scrap it off and start again. Which I see you did with your walking and I have every confidence you will get back on track with the planks too. Hope the rest of the day goes well and you have a nice relaxing evening.

Hi to all and hope everyone has a nice day.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Two 20 minute walks to get me to work and home again and one 30 minute walk at lunch time. :D

Thanks Sue! It is amazing how far I have come with mind set. Years ago if I messed up I would scrap the whole rest of the month instead of keep trying. :bugeyes:

Have a great day all! :wave:
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all and so nice you can get those walk in's to work since you do have to Get to work right Chris?:) I just wish I could go work:) I'm sure you will have off periods etc. but nice you can get back in faster too:)
Sue, hoping your getting some good sleep nights and I'm sure the shopping stores are full now even a few wks. before TG:) Course its Hunting time up here so there are lots of guys getting lots of groceries for camp too this week:) I told Dh that too bad no one has him to just go and cook for the hunters at least:) He used to go hunt and cook at a camp for at least a week but their all gone now.
I did find 2 mile dvd with Leslie Sansone so been doing that at least but tore big toe nail off so its too tender right now to put in a shoe:( It was half off but I accidently helped it along before its time:) Looks like I have bright red polish on it now:) I never polish nails ever. So will have to put that off for a bit. Snow is getting in the way for going in garage also:( I wish I had room in the house for things but No room.
sis's gson is getting married after TG day so Sis and DB and SIL are all going down Detroit that time. Long ride. I don't like to travel in winter anyway and I think holidays are the worse time on roads. Been a lot of black ice here and even in GB as 100's of accidents there since no one slows down and then slides through red lights:( DB and SIL went down there today for her eye Dr. but nope, I didn't go:) Guess they were stopping at their son's not far from us after also as he turned 40 today. Time flies:(
Mo, hope your mostly done with all the painting but hard to get all the boys here at one time etc. Maybe someday it will get done here. I imagine knowing you will be selling your house in the future got you going also;) Is Money wondering what your up to? Well it was up to 35 today so we call that warm around here now:) Been in single digits and 20's for some time. At least the hunters have snow on ground this year:) I remember a year a few yrs. back where it was almost 70 and no snow!
Becka, I hope your are doing fine too and playing piano and your job is ok too? Bama, take care also and do see you some on FB at least:) How's your goose doing? cold out there?:)) take care all! Watch the ice! C U :chilly: :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

hi all,
i had to take the car on wednesday as kiddos had a dr visit. just an annual check up and refill of scripts.then the boys and i got our flu vaccines. all boys have asthma symptoms so we all need it. i did get in a 30 minute walk on wednesday. today i walked to work and home again but it was raining over lunch and i stayed in. :lol:

Hi YAH it is good to see you. Yes it nice to be able to walk and I am very thankful for being able to do that. I am even more grateful since I know what it was like when I couldn't walk without pain. Hopefully that is behind me now. :thumb: Good job on walking with Leslie some. Ouch on the toe! :cry: I hope it heals fast for you.

Hi to all the rest of you! :wave:

Oh Sue I loved that commercial you sent me. They did an excellent job with that one. :thumb:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All and happy Monday!
Let me see... Friday I walked to work and back, Saturday I got out for an afternoon walk with DH and Sunday I was a slug. :lol:
Today I have the car but I did get in 30 minutes at lunch time. :wink:
I am trying to organize a meal plan for most of the week for DH and I. We both need to watch the winter pounds. :roll:
Have a great day all! :wave:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Hope you are doing well Sue with your oxygen and sleep.. I'm sure it was scary with Chuck in the hospital that time.

he weather so far is doable here. 40's and 30's mainly. no snow or ice so far. How is the smog in CA?

I know someone that lives up by Canada and they already have a foot of snow on the ground and are going snowmobiling. I really would like to go up there though and see the northern lights. but you don't know when they will happen. :?

Good job with the walking. And hope you are able to get a good meal plan going that you and your husband can do.

MO, i hope Money is doing well. You haven't mentioned him lately. sister got a golden retriever this summer. He is adorable but he is a puppy so he is a bit of a trouble maker too. I'm glad she got him though because i miss having a dog. Is money the only animal you have now?

YAH i hope everything is well with you!

Hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving! and chris i know you already had thanksgiving. :)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Well it finally happened the new allergy pill gave up to the itchies and being up....such is life. I have done all I can do with a 24 hour pill that doctor recommended. Can't say it didn't work it did but it's not infallible either.

In any case, I just finished comics so wanted to catch up as I will be busy busy again tomorrow in the "daylight hours".

Chris I see you did well last Tuesday with two 20 minute walks and a 30 minute one too. Kudos. You are doing great Chris and that's the tude to take "you do the best you can"....rather than making goals too unrealistic from the start. I learned the "hard way" LOL

YAH I wish you could go to work too. I know how much you miss it. Yes until tonight YAH as you know I have been sleeping well....I knew it would happen sometime....just thought it might be further off. Such is life.

Sorry to hear about your hubby's good cooking of the Hunter's stew having stopped. I remember your talking about it over the years.

I see you are working with Leslie and bummer on the toes and the issues there as I said in email....get them better and you can start up again. Can do leg lifts in the interim since you have your feet covered up so you don't hit them. Oh I do polish in the summer only now with sandals and flip flops. Used to do it year round years back but now I am lazy LOL

HUGS on the snow and the garage.....luckily we had an overhang on Long Island but if it blew a lot went right up against the garage doors and a pain to shovel and get rid of it.

Congrats to your sister's grandson on his marriage after Thanksgiving.

I agree YAH while we lived back east....stayed home on the holidays. The only place we'd go was grandma's and that was good as she had extra beds and all so if it got bad we could stay over.

Oh as you know and I've said to you hated black ice and we got a lot on Long Island.

Wow hard to believe her son is 40 already, YAH.

Yup I remember too when 35 was warm. Well we are getting that this year YAH starting today(since it's already Tuesday at 3:55 a.m.) it will be 73 and then Wednesday 77, Thanksgiving 77 and then 73 Friday and 77 on Saturday and 73 on Sunday...then back to the 67 Monday and in the mid to low 60s next week. Only in California LOL

Though our norm for this time of year is 65 and that's hardly cold.

Chris, I see you had doctor's visits last Thursday for the kids and glad all went well and you got meds and flu shots too. I see you got a walk in Wednesday too. I see on Thursday you walked to work and back...and don't blame you on skipping lunch.

Chris, glad you enjoyed the commercial....I felt the same way it was "just excellent".

Chris you did great on Friday and Saturday too I see. Hey Sunday's are your ME DAY....you should make that official so you give yourself a day off and get to relax in a nice bubble bath....and then do what "Chris wants" on Sunday.......

Great job on the lunch time walk with having the car for work. Oh Chris, Chuck and I always gained in the winter when we were younger too as we had lots of stews, pasta, roasts, meatloaves and of course, lasagna, manicotti and baked ziti.....no Italian household can live without that LOL Oh and lots and lots of Parmesan/Romano cheese too LOL We didn't eat breakfast as I had glass of milk and Chuck his coffee. Very rarely ate lunch...grab a bag of chips or something like that and dinner was our meal for the day along with dessert later in the evening....with our TV shows.

We'd lose it all in the spring with all the walking we had to do on campus for classes.

As you know motto...."everything in moderation" which we did more and more like when we grew up as we got older. Now with age so many of the things we loved don't love us anymore so a much more limited diet and being more inventive to eat different things. Chuck can eat the same thing over and over me....not so much I get bored and tired of eating it....I need variety....so I am looking for more for myself.

Hi Bekah, yes doing better with oxygen and sleep until tonight and yes it was very very scary and realized how much I didn't have a clue how to do since he had always done it. Down right embarrassing.

We are fine here Bekah, no smog......and AQ has been good also. Still some allergens around but in the low level.

Yup Canada and Western NY (Buffalo in particular...Chuck lived there for years and wow they'd get a LOT of snow). However, Rochester wasn't much better as we got it by the foot too and temps in the minus 30's and below in January through March. Not good.

Well it's now 4:13 a.m., so off to check mail and then will try to sleep again...wish me luck....oh and regardless of sleep or not I will be cleaning today regardless what hubby thinks....our shopping on Wednesday is only CVS, Savemart and not a lot and if time is good will go to the Dollar Store too. We shall see.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.....

Sue

Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Yikes, sorry about the allergy pill and the continued itchies, Sue. :( Hope you got some sleep anyway before you had to get up and get busy. Good luck with shopping, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, thanks. :)

Money is doing well, Bekah, thanks. Nov. 1 was his 2nd anniversary with us, and the 27th is his 6th birthday. He's a little goofball, always ready to play. He has balls and bones and beds all over the house, frisbees and balls in the yard, doting parents who rarely leave him alone. . . I don't think he's got much he'd complain about! :tongue: He is an only child, and unfortunately he likes it that way. I'd love to get another dog and a cat or two; maybe when he gets older and more mellow. Happy Thanksgiving to you also, thanks. :)

Yay on the walks, and good luck with the meal plans, Chris. :thumb:

Hugs on missing work, YAH. Any chance you can find a sit-down job, part-time, to get you out and give you a little spending money? Ouch on that toenail--hope it feels better soon and you can back to walking with Leslie. Will the bottoms of your feet hurt if you do it barefoot? I'm sorry you are missing the wedding, but I don't blame you for not wanting to travel in iffy weather.

Hi, Bama, hope all is well with you!

We got up to 57 today, so I took advantage and got the chicken coop trim done. Then I scraped the front porch pillars and got one coat on them before the sun went down. Wish I'd thought to scrape them yesterday so I could have done two coats of paint today, but shoulda, coulda, woulda. I don't know when it will be over 50 again, but I'll be ready with brush! I cleaned and painted the mudroom ceiling today, too, and washed sheets, and potted up some plants. I made a big pot of Manhattan clam chowder yesterday, so today I only had to heat that and make DH a sandwich instead of cooking a real meal, leaving me more time for projects. :D

I think I'm going to get a cranberry-mint cheesecake baked tonight for Thursday--it's usually better if it sits in the fridge a day or two. grocery store gives you a free turkey, or ham, or Tofurky, if you've spent $400 in Oct. and Nov. DH said he'd give the Tofurky a try. I don't think I'll eat much of it--it's made of wheat gluten and soy--but I don't eat the turkey anyway; I'm perfectly happy with the sides and dessert. :wink:

I work in the morning tomorrow, then I'm off Thanksgiving (the Y is open 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., so I thought I'd have to work, but someone else volunteered to do the shift so I don't have to--yay!). Friday is a normal work day for me. DH is off after tonight, until Sunday. I'd better go get a few more things done before bedtime.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends~ I'm grateful for you all! :sunshine:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Thanksgiving all of friends!!

Tuesday no walking. Wednesday walks to work and home again. Today I have already walked to work and back home to get the car. son wasn't feeling well so I had to pick him up and take him home. Just tired, I think so some rest will do him good.

I need to add more exercise to busy life. I am thinking about a doing short routines doing the week days if I can, one in the morning and one either at lunch or in the evening. Do you think this could be as affective as one longer session? I would love to hear your thoughts and some suggestions for workouts. I do not have much time so it would have to fit in 20 minutes or less. :wink:

Mo glad you are getting through all of those projects of yours. You are one busy lady!

Oh Sue I think I gained 3 pounds just reading your food list!!

No snow here yet. Just some flurries around but rain forecast for the weekend (again :( ). Our temps have been flopping above and below the freezing mark for the last month. I haven't seen the Northern Lights either Becky. Maybe I go to bed too early?! :lol:

Have a great day all!!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Happy Thanksgiving Girls, Hope today is a wonderful day for you all with family and friends.
Love you all. Nancy
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Chris , I believe that short workouts are just as good as longer ones . There are some short workouts on you tube . All kinds Just type in what you are looking for . The Walking is very good for you and you can do indoor walking before you leave for work to get a little extra in. I have been doing at least one mile a day with indoor walking with Leslie Sansone and also Jessica Smith . they both have 15 minute workouts on Utube. Also Jessica Smith had some short strength workouts on there .To me the most important thing this time of the year as far as weight management goes is to maintain. There is just so much food temptations . Good Luck . Now I need to read the rest of the posts .