Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I found a bit of willpower. :D After practicing music I headed out side for a brisk 30 minute walk. :thumb:

Sorry about the limits on weights Sue! I am watching the hormones Sue and I don't think they are that bad. They have struck back up, hence the weight gain, but the hot flashes are not very bad and no other symptoms. I will definitely keep an eye on it though. :wink: Thanks!

Well Have a good night all! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning all,

Just a quick Hi and then off to do mail and eat, dust and the list goes on.

Bossman due to all other meds I need to take for lung disease, I also have to take blood pressure meds too hence the limit on the weights and it effects the blood pressure. Such is life.... bands and workouts are working out and I am "old" so arms are just not going to be as "rock hard" as they used to be along with other parts of anatomy....sad but a fact of old age LOL

Thanks Chris, I see you got practice in and a good walk too...kudos. Just wanted to let you know and yes the menopause put pounds on me too, so know that is part of the culprit. Once it was done and then so many of the foods I ate started bothering me the weight kept falling.

Well off to mail, breakfast, dusting etc etc

A good day to all,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I am doing best to watch what I eat a bit better today. I am craving the sweets but as luck would have it there aren't any in office. :lol: I walked this morning to work but took a longer route so 35 minutes to work and 20 to get home. :thumb:

Thanks Sue. I will have to stay active to keep those meno-pounds away. :wink: Have a good day!

TTFN! :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All, :wave:
It is a fabulous day here today! :sunshine: The kind of day that you don't want to turn around and head back to work but instead just keep walking. I got in a lovely 25 minute walk over lunch.

Tomorrow I will be too busy to get out. oldest is getting his wisdom teeth removed. It is a bit early for his age group but there is no doubt they will cause problems so the dentist wants to do it now before the roots fully form. I will be there to help him out all day as he comes out of the freezing and such. I had better check on the ice cream supply tonight. :wink:

I hope you all have an excellent day!! :D
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Chris great job on the no sweets also helped by none around the office. Nice walk on Tuesday and yes kept active and limit sweets.

Oh sounds like a gorgeous day in your neck of the woods......unfortunately it's HOT here headed to 100s and bad AQ too, very very bad. Wow what a nice walk you got in....no I wouldn't want to go back either. HUGS to your oldest on his wisdom teeth though I don't remember much as they had to put me under as mine were impacted, plus a lot older than your son, as I was 20, but nice memories of seeing the "annimmmals' on way home and waking up next to BIG BEN the very "large" bear Chuck got me. LOL

Know your son is in thoughts and prayers and mmmm ice cream.....we miss it a LOT! See what you have to look forward to in old age Chris LOL Your son will be in thoughts and prayers.

Hope your Wednesday is going well.

Well I am off to watch some videos before it's time for meds, breathing and lay down.

Hope everyone is having a nice Wednesday.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Thanks Sue! He is out of the dentists office and at home sleeping on the couch. I am hovering and doing some laundry. :) I stayed with him the whole time and I didn't pass out. :lol: He hates needles so the freezing part was the worst part. :bugeyes: Sorry about your AQ. I hope it gets a bit better for you.
TTFN! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

So glad it's all over for him and I am with him as I was scared to death of needles growing up. Your son's age and later years was scared of them too and couldn't watch. However being in ICU for 21 days and being stuck with needles, and the big thick metal bar to test oxygen levels (talk about pain) made me immune. I go for blood work up now and they ask always at Quest if there is a problem and I say not anymore...they say "huh" and why not and I say cause I got used to it in the hospital for 21 days.

In fact I passed out when we had to go for blood tests to get married and when I was younger ran under the sink in the doctor's office and held on to the pipe under the sink in fear with the doctor and mother pleading for me to come out.

Hope it's a good and quick recovery for your son and he's lucky to have such a great MOM!

It's that time of year here for bad AQ unfortunately and HOT HOT HOT.....Real Feel 103 already. Boo hiss...however, at least we are inside with the a/c on.

Well off to watch some videos. A a good rest of the week Chris and weekend.

Hi to everyone else that is lurking and wishing you all a good week and weekend.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All, it is a lovely warm summer day here. I have returned from 30 minute walk at lunch. :wink: eating healthy and drinking lots of water is coming along. Consistency is the key. :thumb: I will keep working on me and doing better when I can.
School is out for our kids now. :bugeyes: Let the summer fun begin!
Thanks Sue! I am glad you have your a/c.
TTFN!
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Monday All,
Well we had a pretty good weekend. Our local Multicultural association had their annual festival on Saturday. DH and I took in the shows that they put on (music and dancing) and there was lots of ethnic food vendors as well. Yummy! :D Yesterday I ended up sooooo tired! I just had a hard time to get moving. I rested a fair bit. DH and I did get out for a casual bike ride in the afternoon.
Today is rainy but much better for me energy wise. I will get in three walks before the end of the day. 20 minutes to work, 30 minutes at lunch and 20 minutes home again. :thumb:
I hope all is well with you gals and guys! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Chris I see you are back on track with your walking and eating too. Oh the multi-cultural annual festival sounds wonderful and love eating different foods from other countries. I see a bike ride and lots of walking on Monday too. I see the kids are out of school too now.

Yes wishing everyone well and have a nice holiday next week. Yes I know early but then I haven't been to sleep all night again.

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Another night of sleeplessness, well I got 90 minutes before I woke up itching. Such is life, got comics done and stories down too and more..off to try again after wiping off again.

Here's report for June.....did pretty good....

Did good with June workouts.....only missed one Friday due to a doctor's appointment; plus on June 27 with was a shopping day. Will finish off the month tomorrow, Friday with 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, lower body Pilates and Flexibility workout.

On tap for the month of July I will do Lara Hudson's 10 Minute Solutions Rapid Results Pilates, on MWF. However, will focus each week on one body part for the week. So for week one which starts on July 2nd I will do Super toned buns and thighs and Slim and Sleek Stretch for a 20 minute workout. For the second week of July 9th I will do Arm and Shoulder Shaper and Slim and Sleek Stretch for a 20 minute workout; For the third week of July 16th I will do the Waist Slimmer and Slim and Sleek Stretch for a 20 minute workout; For the fourth week of July 23rd I will do the Total Body Blast and Slim and Sleek Stretch for a 20 minute workout. For the fifth week I will repeat the Super toned buns and thighs and Slim and Sleek Stretch for a 20 minute workout to finish out the month of July on August 3rd.

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving up lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We will continue to have them over other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, potatoes, corn, spinach and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2017 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck.

Well off to try for some sleep.....have a good weekend....Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Exercise and nutrition for me could best be described as "sporadic" for June. So hoping to get some consistency for July all though then there will be vacation days at the end of the month. :bugeyes: Today I started off the month right with a brisk 5.3 mile walk. It is a lovely hot summer day here. :sunshine: Now I just need to watch what I eat and get lots of drinking in. :wink:

Great job Sue! sleep is not great right now but no where near as bad as yours. Hugs! Looks like you have some great workouts ready to go.
Have a great rest of the weekend all!
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all and hope you are all doing fine?:)) I think I'm melting away here:) wish the fat would melt but nope:( Up north here, when its in 80's and going to 90's and humidity, it is way too much for me to do nothing but sit in front of fan, have fan on etc. No A/C here as we know its not forever:) Unless in van but too hot to go out. Up north they had a very bad storm and rain like they have never had!! So much mudslides with rocks, branches etc. came down from the hills and took out some houses and left a mud filled basement in Many more and took out many highways too. They haven't see anything like this ever. So the Nat'l Guard is up there plus SO many helpers with their machinery etc. fixing up and filling up at least with gravel etc. for now the roads. Some towns were not able to even get out for a while. Lots of canceling for sure for quite a while too. We didn't get that at all here. But we did and are getting some T-storms and warning even of tornadoes but none of them here so far but we had the storm last night and some rain here and there now. But the temps don't feel cooler and the humidity is higher with the rain:( So I guess I'm in again for a while. thankful no Big storms like up north and elsewhere around the country.
Sue, such good plans and its so nice that you and your Dh figure out your meals together etc.:) So sorry your stomach can't agree with a little more:) stomach could disagree more I guess:) But living out here has its drawbacks and so much going on in town or by the lake but I feel so far from it:( Son in SD has it cooler and no humidity so that is weird:) Although the sun looks awful big there so no sitting around to get a tan too much for him. He is getting his bike shipped there though as he misses it and since he's decided to stay 3 more months, will be nice to have it I guess:) wishing for many more good sleeps for you then no sleeps:)
Chris, sounds like your getting more walking and biking is so much fun I think but I wouldn't dare try it anymore:( Don't worry about a bad day or days, just start up again and keep it up:) I didn't and I really am regretting it.
Well our cat Misa, or really our son's cat, went home to be with her real family now:) Guess she gets along with Henry the lab dog also and the gkids love her too:) I'm kind of getting used to it slowly:) Had her for a year. But IF I get another one, I told them I will pick it out this time:) I dont want someone bringing me one like the last times:) Just have to make more room somehow too:)
Wow July already!! Not sure if I will see fireworks this year or not. I haven't seen them for a long time. Never know I guess. Oldest son's 30th H.S. anniversary:) Other ones are going through the teens now:) I doubt if he will go to much of that though besides the parade etc.
Bama, hope your in better weather there and all is going ok too:) Congrats on gson graduating:) Glad you get out and about a bit:) Going south at all this summer or? take care:)
Mo, hoping your house sells fast and not sure how much of the funny weather comes your way? Not sure where you are situated but I think you miss the stuff that seems to go from here to NE a lot. Now its very hot stuff:( I know where son was in Mn., it got pretty hot already but he is a lot better in the U.P. now. But norther Mn. should be a bit cooler? take care!
Enjoy the 4th and the parades etc. and maybe even the beach for some? Right now, beaches up north are no swimming in some because of the run off going into the fresh water etc. from that freak storm. Not good as its so hot too:(( TTYL :sunshine: :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi all, I hope you had a great July 4th. Believe it or not we are going through bit of a heat wave here up north of you. Our temps have been around 33-36C (91-97F ) with a humidex of 36-42C (97-107F ). :sunshine: Welcome to summer!! LOL We still have great air quality. :thumb: Anyway I did get out walking yesterday twice, in the morning to get to work and then home again. I started rereading the Fern Michaels Sisterhood series on the weekend. I read the first book and am on to the second one (Payback). I sat out on the deck last evening and read it was nice until the mosquitos found me. :lol:
Good to hear from you YAH! Looks like summer found you to.
Have a great day all!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Chris I see you had a good day last Sunday with a nice long brisk walk. I see summer has arrived for you too and also was a hot one. Good luck with the eating and drinking. Thanks Chris, I try to keep up with the workouts and yes I love Suzanne Bowen's workouts you can feel it after you are done. Yup will be working with Suzanne for the month.....so I will feel the burn for each week LOL

Oh thanks Chris, on the sleep, part of it is age, I am sure. Second part is just skin right now....hoping can figure it out. Some days are good and some are terrible.

Hope your weekend is going well.

YAH, hugs on the melting away with high temps and humidity.....we at least don't deal with the humidity levels you do. Though when we do get higher ones it's not nice at all plus with the fires all around this year the AQ is horrendous and have had alerts most days.

HUGS on no a/c....it's a must out here with the temps....and that is why mom bought the model house it had central air conditioning....came in very handy growing up and especially in August. Though she was a nut case with it at 65... dad and I kept a sweater handy.

Wow on the rain storms and mud slides.....so scary. Wow the National Guard is up there I see. Glad no tornadoes for you there.

Thanks Eva on the plan and yes we eat most meals of the same fare, except for when I have fish...as he is NOT a fish lover at all. Well except tuna fish growing so he had that on Fridays. As he was Catholic and like me, Protestant, we could NOT have meat on Fridays....fish was the fare. Well the only fish Chuck would eat is tuna fish. Or he had pasta.

Yeah both Chuck and I are going through so many things we loved that "don't love us anymore" LOL In addition, unlike when we first got here when meats were great they aren't anymore so hamburgers, hot dogs, steak, chicken are all off the menu for us. Plus I can't eat PB anymore.....so annoying. Plus the list goes on....but nothing we can do but find substitutes. Which we are doing with some stuff.

Nope when we passed through San Diego coming out here, if we could have called Mayflower to change the drop off to San Diego we would have.....it was just beautiful with nice cool temps and no humidity.....we love it plus all the attractions and stuff to do there. However, Mayflower went to Sacramento so we had to go there too. Though have to say we enjoyed Sacramento....just not rice burning season or all the allergy issues we had there. Particularly me....I had to get special pills to take it was so bad for me.

Wishing your son the best there....lucky guy!

Glad to hear Misa and Henry are getting along with one another. I hope you can get the room and get yourself a new cat....I know how much you love them and how much they love you.....hope it's sooner than later for you.

Holy cow oldest son's 30th H.S. anniversary I see. I see he will go to the parade but not much else. Wow just realized it's been 46 years for me.....since I graduated. Holy cow!

Hope you had a nice Canada Day on the 1st of July, Chris. I feel bad I forgot to send you a nice message....I am doing a mea culpa

Wow that it is hot for you there Chris....HUGS Glad the AQ is still good. I see you got some nice walks in despite the heat. Oh I did that a while back Chris and now waiting for the next Men's book I ordered from Alibris and the next Sisterhood one is coming out this December, Safe and Sound......yikes on the mosquitoes.....well hubby just said time to go....so off I go....

Have a nice rest of the weekend everyone.

Sue