Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey All,
On the exercise front I was able to get walks in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. eating has been mostly good. I made a nice seafood chowder this week and have enjoyed it over the week. I made spaghetti for the family but I didn't have any. Still staying away from grains mostly. I do on occasion have something but it is a more conscious choice than just eating everything. Pants fit way better than they used to. :thumb: Mostly I feel better since I stopped eating a lot of grains and that is what it is about for me.

Thanks Sue you have a great week too!! :D

TTFN! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Hoping everyone is alright with the crazy weather back east....we had our share this week in the rain department and yesterday all day with lots of wind and OMG late afternoon and evening coming down in buckets, flooding everywhere....glad we were in the house. Plus thunder bumpers too so unplugged computer stuff also.

Today at least sunny and no rain, they say more for the weekend so we shall see.

Chris, kudos on all the walking, great eating and looser pants too. I am with you on the grains back to one slice of wheat bread for lunch as it was the two slices that was doing us both in, in the tummy department.

If it wouldn't be a problem could you drop me a line on that seafood chowder and what was in it, sauce, how made it etc. I would appreciate it. I love seafood, no so better half. In fact I cooked up salmon this a.m. and diced peppers up for cooking of the orzo tonight and mixing it all together with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese.....so good. LOL

Hope your Friday goes well and a wonderful weekend to all,

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Evening all, sorry I have been missing for a while . Not feeling so good because of knee . It seems to come and go . Some days good and some not so good. Enough of that .

Nothing new here . I think we lead a very boring life. Same ole Same ole.

I am still going to Silver Sneakers and still going to two different Y's . Love the one that is a little distance away so with the winter hopefully behind us (altho we had a bunch of snow this week) will be going to that one.

I gave up sweets on Jan 2 and by Valentine;s Day had lost 8 pounds which I was so happy with but I blew it on the 14th and haven't been able to get back on schedule again and have regained 4 of the 8 . At least now I know that sweets are enemy .

Family is all good , grand kids doing well and so is gran puppy . I would share some pictures but don't know how to on this site.

Just wanted to say Hi and let you know I am still around and think of you all often .
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! watching wonder woman before work. HOpe everyone is doing well. :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I had to go in for a root canal yesterday morning. :cry: I hope I don't have to do many of those. Two hours in a chair with mouth open. All good today though.Today we are getting some nice spring weather and that includes sun!! :sunshine: I got to walk to work, and again at lunch time and will walk home at the end of the work day. :D I have been looking forward to this. Last night I made a curried cauliflower and chicken soup. It is very tasty and needs some more salt. :lol: I always go weak on the salt and then season bowl to taste. Lots of veggies (turnip, carrot, cauliflower, onion) and no hidden sugar! :thumb: I will eat this most of the week. I may have to freeze some as it made a big batch.

Sure thing Sue I will fire you an e.mail on the chowder. :wink: We missed most of the last forester that blew through. We got wind but not much for snow and I was very happy about that. sister said she had thunder from their snowstorm. :wowzer:
Hi Becky. :wave: I hope things are going well for you.
I hope you can get that knee figured out and feeling better Bama. It is good to hear from you again. Good luck with you Y classes. :D

TTFN! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Another night of no sleep such is life.....

Sorry you aren't feeling well Bama, we miss you. I sure hope you can get rid of the knee pain. right knee must of pulled or something as it gets sore now and aches and rebels when I bend it too much.

HUGS on the boring life...and same ole same ole.

Glad you are still going to the Silver Sneakers and I see the 2 different Y's. Glad you are enjoying it. That's good.

Kudos on giving up the sweets and losing 8 pounds. HUGS on the blowing it....I have every confidence you can get back on track and lose the 4 you gained and more.

Glad the family is good and grand kids too and so is your gran puppy. You can send me the pics and I will post them for you Bama.

Hi Bekah glad work is going well and I see you are a Wonder Woman fan too.

Chris, yikes on the root canal. Never had one but mom did several times and hated them. Glad you were all good on Tuesday. Plus some nice spring weather too. Us too as today in the low 70s and by the weekend 82. I see you got some good walking in yesterday too. MMMM the curried cauliflower and chicken soup sounds yummy. Yeah have to be careful on the salt. I do the same and just add what I need.

Thanks on the email for the chowder. Glad you missed the weather front, even if you got wind, no snow is good.

Well I am off to get stories, do comics and then check mail. By then Chuck should be getting up. Me no sleep at all tonight and with it being 5 a.m. in 3 minutes....I am not going to bother as I will probably sleep longer and I we have cooking to do this a.m.

Molasses, hoping all is well with you and yours.

Have a good Wednesday,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hi, Sisters,

Hugs on the lack of sleep and sore knee, Sue! Sending prayers for rest and healing. Your salmon dinner sounds yummy. :D

So sorry about your root canal, Chris; sending healing thoughts for a quick recovery. I eat a lot of Thai curries; I find them a delicious way to get in a ton of veggies, and with the curry paste, they are so easy to throw together. :D Mmm on the seafood chowder.

How did you like Wonder Woman, Bekah? I don't watch a lot of action movies so I haven't seen that.

Bama, I'm sorry about your knee. Sending healing thoughts to you also. Yay on being down 4 pounds! Glad your family is all doing well, right down to the pup!

Glad you had a nice visit with your sister, YAH, and hope she is continuing to recover well. Caretaking is stressful, sometimes I think we don't realize how much till we are done with it! Do you think the anesthesia could have caused the memory problems, or did she have them before the surgery, too? It took me a couple of weeks to totally feel clear-headed again after the general anesthesia I had for the eye surgery.

Speaking of surgery, poor grandpup, Ruby, had surgery today for an intestinal obstruction. She was throwing up all her food, so DD took her to the vet yesterday. He said if she still couldn't keep anything down today, bring her back and he'd do an x-ray. The x-ray showed a big blockage, so he did surgery right away. Hopefully she'll be able to go home tomorrow, as DD is so worried about her.

I've been busy going through things, pitching and packing. DS is flying up this weekend to help a friend move down to NC to be his roommate. They're going to bring the U-Haul here on Sat. to pick up our couch and recliner, and the elliptical, and assorted smaller stuff, like Pfalzgraff dishes. So I've been getting that ready. I packed a box for DD, too, since her brother is supposed to go visit her soon and he can bring her a few things.

The radon people are still working on that project; now they're trying to track down a "drainger" the right size to cover our French drain. And the handyman was here last Friday but wanted to come back a warmer day since we had stuff to do outside and there was snow on the ground. Haven't heard from him again yet. :? But anyway, things are slowly getting done.

Wishing everyone a lovely evening!

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Well another sleepless night but hey last night slept like a log and Chuck said I snored like one too LOL Such is life, he snored the night before...we take turns.

Molasses, so good to see you and thanks for the hugs. Yeah I love salmon, orzo and peppers on Friday night. Grew up with only able to have fish on Friday nights. I loved it as I love fish, apparently not Chuck so he had pasta etc

We loved Wonder Woman, Molasses, Gal Gadot did a wonderful job. Plus we have the original series from years ago. We love action movies. NYE's Clint came out with Dirty Harry movies and after dinner off we went and then back home to bring in the New Year LOL

Oh no Molasses, so sorry to hear about Ruby. That's what happened to our Cassidy, she ate and I notice she was all bloated so we called the vet and they said get her in right away...we did and they did surgery and she had to stay overnight. From then on no dry food or any dog food, cottage cheese, chicken and very light meals for her. I sure hope they got all of the blockage out and she recovers...I will do some extra prayers for her and your DD.

I see you have been a busy one with sorting through things and pitching and packing. I see your son is flying up to help a friend down to NC to be his roommate. I see your son is taking stuff for himself and your DD too.

I see the radon people are still working on the project and hope they track down the "drainger". Bummer on the handyman.

Hope it all continues to go well and your home sells quickly too.

Well I am now off to get stories, do comics and mail...if the alarm doesn't go off before then LOL

Have a good Friday and weekend,

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Happy Easter to you all, I had another Saturday of up all night. Finally tried again at 6 a.m. and slept for a couple of hours. So later this a.m., so be it.

I did do monthly report up yesterday....so here goes for last month.....

March Report

For the 1st week of March I got walking in on Monday, instead of Mari with sleepless night on Sunday, Tuesday lots of walking shopping, and Wednesday top to bottom dusting day so was on feet all day. Thursday RLW with the vacuum and Friday top to bottom cleaning of the kitchen for 3.5 hours. On track from March 12th through Monday March 19th and lots of walking with shopping for Wednesday of that week. Back on track with Mari on March 12th, 14, and 16th with Mari's 20 minute workout. Then starting March 19 I did Mari's Pilates for Pink workout with the band for the remainder of the month on MWF's. For the last week of the month got MWF Mari workouts in plus top to bottom dusting on Tuesday and RLW with vacuum on Thursday. Friday's kitchen top to bottom was moved to next week as had cooking that needed to get done on Friday. However, final months' workout with Mari was done Friday morning.

On tap for the month of April will be 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band with Suzanne Bowen, on MWF. Monday will be upper body Pilates, Wednesday, lower body Pilates and Friday Pilates for Abs. Week 2 will be Total Body Pilates for the week. Week 3 Pilates for Flexibility and week 4 a repeat of week 1.

Weigh Ins for the Month:

3/4/18 Sunday weigh in 112.5
3/11/18 Sunday weigh in 112
3/18/18 Sunday weigh in 111.5
3/25/18 Sunday weigh in 111.5
4/1/18 Sunday weigh in 112

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving up lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We will continue to have them over other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, potatoes, corn, spinach and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2017 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck.
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all, and hope you all are doing well and have better weather then we do? Snowing here on and off and Cold still:( Enough snow on the ground already. Getting a little tired of it as want to see some green out there:) Its depressing enough here:( I see your DS was coming or came already by now Mo? Getting some things with a friend of his. son is going CA. but I wish he had a friend to go with or knew someone there:( Only 3 months this time I hope as he figures he'll get some travel in by working and traveling so he's quitting his job in hosp. in GB but still renting there as this is go by the months job and wherever they may need and his job covers different parts so he can learn also. I guess it is an expensive place in CA. so he might not make too much money there in San Diego. So much to get done before he even goes as had to take CPR and then all the information and Drs. stuff etc. to send them. And, he is driving there so with all this weird Spring weather Everywhere, of course I'm worried about it:) Right now its snowing in GB again:( They and Mn. where other son is got almost a foot a few days ago. GB didn't have any before that one. other son is going there right now for the weekend and to see a concert with Queens, tribute band? tonight. Sounds like you are really working and getting so much done in your house. Great job! I wish I could do that but old age does suck for me:(
Sue, glad your shopping trip went well and sure hope you are getting more sleep then not?:( Sounds pretty nice weather over there so you can keep blowing it here:) Sounds like a few nice neighbors also:) And the bad one is moved out I think? yep, I hate having a Dr. and then losing them. I don't really have any now. Only the PA who I got in and out very quick. Probably called a wellness visit where they just check a few things and don't answer anything anyway:)
Bama, love all the outfits you make for your goose there:) I guess you've had snow maybe too? I do see the snow has hit so far south sometimes too. I told son, they get flash floods, hail, rain, sleet, snow and tornado's now in the south:( We don't get much of some of that up here at all. Not sure what they watch out for in CA.?:( Are you planning on a trip to Bama in the future?
Chris, sounds like it will get nicer to walk to work for you also? If the ice is gone, and the Spring sun is warmer to melt it, it will make it better for you:) Enjoy it!
Beckah, you must be busy too? son is working on getting a from home computer job as wife and kids are living in her home town in the U.P. mostly now. started K school there already. But they go down when they can and he comes up but just trying to get a few jobs on backup in case the place he works for now doesn't let him work from home. He figures they will though when he does go and ask as they do like him and he's always ahead in his work part. Luckily the area he will go too has the best internet provider here, just like the big cities:) Only place in the U.P. that has it:) I guess they don't really want to bring up their kids down there and things are somewhat cheaper up here also:) Hope you are doing good in your job and hows the 2nd book doing?
Well take care everyone and I did get a newer van, very cheap though:) But all is good but just haven't driven it yet:) Was very nice being up north with sis though for over a few weeks:) She is doing Really good now with 2 new hips and taking her dog out all over too:) Have a great weekend!! :chilly: :coffee: :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Well another all nighter.....

YAH sorry about the miserable weather....let's hope Spring gets there soon. Wishing your son the best in California. Plus a safe and quick trip there. Yeah San Diego is expensive, but hope they cover some of his costs. Wishing him a safe trip out of snow country and we are getting rain now but soon it will be just plain sunny! Hoping that's the weather he drives in.

I see GB is getting snow again and wish your other son a safe trip there and back for the concert.

Yeah we were happy with the grocery trip and well up again tonight but sleep the past two nights....so such is life. I am blowing our warm air. We did get some rain last night and earlier today but then sun shine so we shall see what Sunday brings LOL

Oh we had a great guy from Texas for many years, then the people that moved in were nice but not around a lot. These are a bunch of younger people so not sure who's living there, just the gal or guys too...

Yeah not happy about nice dermatologist but she doesn't take insurance any longer so I couldn't afford to go to her. Such is life. Lots of good doctors at UMC.

Oh I get answers and questions where I go and so I am happy camper in that respect. Just really liked the lady I had for dermatology.

California is earthquakes, and rain as too much makes the grounds less stable after ground cover is gone and certain hills and all get weaker. In addition to the mud slides.

Yup sure do YAH......and certain areas of the south don't handle rain well and snow forgetaboutit!

I sure hope the place your son works for now lets him work from home so he can be with his wife and kids again. I sure hope it all works out for him and they let him work from home.

Glad to hear your sister is doing so well and able to have her dog back with her again. Plus I see they are getting out and about too!

You too, YAH hope you have a good weekend.

Well I am off to see if I can get a couple hours of sleep....wish me luck.

Have a nice Sunday....take some "me time".

Sue
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

hi YAH, I"m not really posting much anymore. i figured 7 years was enough. :funny: :funny: I am friends with mo on facebook if you want to be friends let me know. if not it's okay i know we don't know each other that well. I do post some liberal stuff too on facebook just fyi. :) Wish you the best either way. :sunshine: Life is going well. The book is coming along. I think we are on pages 5 and 6 now. it's really cute. i do wish spring would arrive though! it's snowing here too right now in fact.. I keep in contact with Sue thru email. Take care :)
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Hi everyone , Just sitting here waiting until time to go to the Y and thought I would stop in for a sec. Nothing new here . same old stuff.
Did get out to a movie last week with DD and . She is really growing up . We went to see If you can only imagine . A great move , I recommend it . Take Kleenex. At least I needed them

Tired of this cold weather . Ohio seems to be Bipolar this year. Can't make up it's mind it if wants to be Spring or Winter.

Getting a new Garage door this week and re landscaping the house this spring also. Need to get out and take pictures for the Before. Warm weather tomorrow and the weekend .

Willl it's time to go . I will try and get back later .

Love you all , Nancy
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Another sleepless night......hey I slept Sunday, Monday and Tuesday LOL

Bekah, glad life is going well and the book is coming long too. I am blowing our Spring air your way. Though we are in for some 35 mph to 40+ per hour winds with some rain Thursday and Friday and again next week. However, other than that in the range of 70 which is our norm but have hit 85 a couple of days too and more for next week sometime too.

So will blow that air your way to melt that snow.

Hi Bama miss ya! I see waiting to go to the Y and like me same ole same ole I see. I see you to out to the movies and I see a tear jerker too!

HUGS on the bipolar weather for Ohio...been there done that with L.I and western New York so I feel for you.

I see a new garage door and landscaping for the house come spring too. Yes pictures....and be sure to send me some LOL

Hope you had a nice workout and all keeps going well for you.

YAH hope all is well with you and Molasses hope things are moving along and you are getting all you want to done.

Well I am off to get stories and do comics and check mail and then try to get some snooze time. I have to vacuum today and then Chuck wants to dismantle the VCR and toss as Margaret doesn't need it. Plus work on another set of monthly numbers and some other stuff too....we shall see how we do LOL

Hope you have a great Thursday.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all and just popping in here to say Hi and hope you all are well and hopefully seeing more Spring then we are too? We're in for 12-18 inches tonight of snow. Ground is all covered up and brown grass is gone but we need more I guess:(( We were suppose to miss this one. GB and Wisc. have been getting some big storms from Fri. night into Mon. now. So, son could not make from there for the weekend to see us to say bye and get a big hug etc.:((( other son was going to go down on Fri. to his place and they were then coming back but no one got anywhere with this Big Snowstorm:( Would have been very dangerous to go out in it down there and their getting hit with the 2nd one today and also other son in Mn. is getting enough too!! so Spring, not sure when it will show up here either. son has to get on the road soon, by Tues. at least to get to work in Ca. for the 24th and I sure hope those Spring storms stay quiet all the way there in the south too. Sure been seeing a lot of destruction down there:( He's off of health ins. now also for this trip since he is out of work from the hospital so I pray all goes well for him. I did drive the van finally, Fri. as was nice here, and had to get a few things and visited and went out to eat with older son as he had taken it off to go GB but wasn't:) So that part was nice:)
Hope you all are doing great and I know your keeping in shape also. Better then me I'm sure. Sue, sorry about the no sleep nights and I see you had a good shopping trip and loved your comics and email too:) hope you get a lot more nights of sleep! I imagine son will have a bit of a time getting used to the temps in CA. from here and GB:)) Told him, lots of water:)
Bama, same old here but sounds like you get out at least:) This old camp needs so much remodeling but it will never get done I'm sure. Chris, I imagine your walking enough still and maybe more Spring there? Bekah, take care and wishes on that book also. Starting a bit out there but the most will come after 2 a.m and then Sunday all day I guess:( Wish us luck! take care all! :chilly: :coffee: :wave: WE do have it about 18 degrees now and wind chill of only 8 with big winds.