bike tours, 5k's and such

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: bike tours, 5k's and such

Post by fat-to-fit »

The fasting hasn't been going great but I haven't been eating a lot. I'm in northern Michigan right now for a bit. I'm studying while I'm here trying to improve some skills for jobs.

Thanks chris.

I really like jobs now. I have 2. But I want to improve skills. The next 6 months I want to do that. Going to start using the treadmill when I get home and boss weight routine I think for now.

dad went thru the hurricane ok. I might go visit him sometime later too.

I'm trying not to post as often anymore but will come and give an update.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Still in Michigan. I've gone biking a few times on Mackinac island. I brought bike and take the ferry. It's as beautiful as Florida just the water is colder. They have a road that goes all around the island. It's 8 miles long. I also go to a small town on lake Michigan and bike. A lot of really wealthy people have summer homes there. But now most are closed for winter. I've been studying and researching too. I saw this chick and granted she is much younger than me but she has the same body type she inspired me. 've been drinking only water here. All there is to say. Hopefully goes thru because signal is weak. :tongue:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Glad to see you are having a good time Bekah and good for you on the inspiration too....hope you continue to have a good time and trip back is good also. Glad also you are liking both jobs.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

I hope the rest of the week went well for you Becky. Great job with all your biking. :clap: Glad you found some inspiration :thumb: I hope you keep motivated because of it.
I hope the skills work is helpful for you. :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Thanks chris and Sue. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I might start posting more often about diet and workout.

i am going away from something like a ironman for now. i really love the idea though.

I still am using the TM interval walking, biking and swimming as cardio though. doing weights twice a week too.

I think i am going to post food and workouts daily.

Cereal this morning
stir fry frozen veggies for lunch. with 3 slices of colby cheese.

That's where i'm at so far. Plan on using the TM and weights later today.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

You can always train for the Ironman later, Bekah--I know several people who have done them (or are doing them) well into their 50s. :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Thanks Mo, your right! i haven't given up hope. :) Christy Wellingtons autobiography was pretty good. I love Ironman books. I've read 4 of them. ha ha

b. cereal
l. stir fry with a few slices of cheese
s. half a small bag of honey roasted peanuts
d. stir fry and a ham sandwich with a vernors.
4 glasses of water so far.

i will have a snack later to eat with med. 350 calories. I'm thinking fresh picked apple and peanut butter. and maybe almonds.

worked out 60 minutes on the TM incline intervals. Day 1 done. :P
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

b.cereal
s.cheese string
L.veg stir fry/ham sandwich with cheese
D. shakeology/1/2 scoopy protein powder/water and a peanut butter protein cookie
s. with pills/veggie stir fry in coconut oil
60 minutes TM incline intervals
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I'm still working out. mostly the TM and weights so far. just the machines and planks and bridges, twice a week. I haven't weighed in lately. I'm still working on the diet. But it's improving.

I'm busy right now. which is i think a good thing for me. To combat feelings of loneliness and for mental well being. :)
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Congrats to your niece, Bekah! And congratulations to you, too, for keeping up with your workouts and continuing to look for the best diet for you, and for prioritizing your mental health! :clap:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I forgot to say the best thing. i found an unsweetened ice tea that i like and drink now. it's probably not as good as water but it's better than soda.

Thanks Mo. Yeah i'm happy for niece.
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi Becky,
Just popping in to see how things are going with you. Yay on decreasing the soda! :clap: That is a real struggle for some people. I hope you are getting closer to a diet that works for you. I am not sure where I am on that myself. :roll: Keep up the great work, every little bit helps! :D
TTFN! :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

As long as there aren't any funky additives in the tea, Bekah, I think unsweetened tea is a healthy choice! I drink tons of it. Black tea, green tea, white tea, oolong, herbal teas. . . all good in different ways. :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

thanks Chris. still a work in progress but kicking the soda habit feels wonderful and is a huge step. i also have stir fry veggies and rice most days too.

Mo, it's green leaf tea. I've been drinking a lot too.

I've been studying all day and now have to work. i'm working on designing a favicon and a logo for a website. I deleted old website and am working on rebuilding it. mostly for fun and knowledge. :)