bike tours, 5k's and such

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: bike tours, 5k's and such

Post by fat-to-fit »

I know this is a dumb question. And i'm sure the answer is no. But i Love grape juice and it says natural sugars??
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

forget it know the answer to that. I researched it too but i knew the answer already sort of. I assumed anyways. I just didn't want it to be true. :funny:

I'm going to track sugar in take this week and see where i'm at. :)
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Yeah, juice has a lot of sugar, unfortunately. And it doesn't have the fiber that would slow down the blood sugar hit the way whole fruit does. :(
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Mo, I made the banana bread with less sugar this time and it tastes just as good! i did add some honey but it's not as much and i didn't drizzle any on it.:)
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

:thumb:

I have found quite a few good baking recipes in Paleo blogs and cookbooks, as well as in more whole-food, health-oriented vegetarian/vegan blogs and cookbooks. Lots of good options out there!
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Happy Veteran's Day, Bekah!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Fitafter50 wrote:Happy Veteran's Day, Bekah!
Thanks. :) I'm not a war veteran but a veteran of the ARNG.

I'm adding no added sugars to no dairy and no gluten regiment. It's so weird because there is no temptation. I just say i will do it and i will. All i have to remember is the hell I've been through and there isn't a problem. :funny: If it even helps a little bit with health, eating this way is worth it. :)

stir fry veggies sauce does have some added sugar (sweet and sour) in it but not much. I'm going to eat it till it's gone and look for a soy sauce to eat instead.

Can you give any links to any blogs that you think i might like for recipes Mo?

The goal is just to commit to the 3 things through the holidays and on to new years eve and see what i want to do at that point. Have a nice weekend. :)
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Here's a few off the top of head, Bekah; I'll add more as I think of them. :)

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/recipes/

https://detoxinista.com/

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/recipes/

https://fitfoodiefinds.com/

Sounds like a great plan!
:thumb:
JaneyJ
STARTING OUT

Post by JaneyJ »

fat-to-fit wrote:Mo, I made the banana bread with less sugar this time and it tastes just as good! i did add some honey but it's not as much and i didn't drizzle any on it.:)
I love adding a little banana flavored protein powder on banana bread :thumb:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Wow Becky you are amazing! I wish I had half the will power. :clap: Yes the impact on your health is a great incentive. Keep up the great work!!

That sounds cool JaneyJ. :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Good idea janey except i'm not a big fan of banana taste. ha ha. the banana bread with honey though tastes good. I do add protein powder to it though just not that flavor.

Thanks for the links mo. I already made a recipe.

Thanks Chris. I'm weak with will power actually. I just found something that I hope will help with a lot of true suffering i've had from health problems. I want to try that more than good food. :funny:

I'm still gluten free. i think it's now 25 days. dairy is about 8 or 9. no added sugar 4 or 5? I don't include honey or natural sugars in that just no added sugar can or corn syrup kind of sugar. I had some gluten by accident but it's a learning process to know what's gluten free and what's not. So i don't worry about that. Mainly chili. I make a batch and eat it for a few days. I didn't know tomato soup has gluten. Next time i will get gluten free.

I'm really busy lately. I study a lot. i also work and do home stuff. I did get off track with exercise the last few days. 30 minutes should be pretty easy though and weights twice a week. i want to commit to that too. I do burn calories when i work however. I also sometimes lift things.

One thing i'm studying is photos and graphics. I enjoy it more for a hobby. I downloaded a free trial of photoshop for 7 days so i plan on learning as much as i can. library has photoshop so i will go there after that i think. I'm watching some videos and learning about it. I also am taking a on line photography class.

i'm debating about starting up piano lessons. twice a month only.

I have a year long goal through 2018. WIth stuff i'm learning, piano and diet and weight and everything. :sunshine:

that's all that's going on in life. :) I'm staying home for thanksgiving possibly by myself. If i can get hours in the morning i will work and then i am making some gluten free, dairy free recipes. No reason why i'm staying home. Just if i work and with gluten free recipes it makes more sense. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Things are going well. still gluten free and dairy free.

I'm busy and i LOVE it. I decided to cancel a few hours of work and go to family member's for turkey day.

I got a new dryer and diffuser for curly hair and i really like the way it works. it's xmas gift to myself.

I lost about 6 or 7 pounds sense being gluten free. :)

today i was grocery shopping and i was busy looking at something and grabbed what i needed and threw it in the wrong cart and a really nice looking guy looks at me who's cart it was goes, "is this a gift?" Favorite moment of the day. :funny:

back to work. saturday is long day i work both jobs. But i like both and don't mind it. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

it just occurred to me today i am gluten free for 30 days which was original goal. :) It's a learning process and i did eat gluten during that time but none of the time was it on purpose. I just didn't know it had gluten in it. Only 3 things that i know of. I also had some things that could have cross contamination. Like oatmeal.

I am 15 days dairy free.

I do have to cook a lot more now. Today i am working and i am on call and i SO want to make some food because i don't have much to eat. But i have to wait till this evening. I lost about 6.5 pounds the last month.

Now goal is to eat gluten free and dairy free and low sugar till new years eve. At new years eve i will decide what i want to do. I'm going to try and experiment to make a gluten free pizza and dairy free pizza as well.

For thanksgiving i'm making and bringing own food. relative is very supportive though and will have a few options for me as well. We are spending the night. So i'm bringing some chili for dinner the night before and a mix of nuts. Some really good pumpkin bars that i add some gluten and dairy free chocolate chips too and when they are melted they taste just like brownies to me. I also add some protein powder to them but not a lot otherwise it ruins the taste. And i'm making a brown/wild rice dish with seasoning, mushrooms and vegetable broth which I LOVE. She will have veggies and turkey. :)
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Yay on the 30 days, Bekah, and the 15 dairy-free! I know what you mean about cooking though--I think I spend half time fixing food. DD used to complain that there was no food in house, just ingredients! :tongue: Luckily I enjoy cooking and baking.

I've got a gf, df pizza recipe bookmarked to try, maybe next weekend: it's Perfect Paleo Pizza on 40aprons.com. I wanted to link to it, but computer is being weird. I'll let you know if I make it. And if you find a good recipe, I hope you'll share. :D

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you have a great plan for the holiday. :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Thanks Mo. I like the website address you gave. Do tell me if you make the pizza. It sounds like it is also a yeast dough??

I have it probably easier than you since i only cook for one. I don't have to worry about kids or a hubby. :) What i really like learning about and want to learn more about is using seasoning. wild rice dish i love due to the seasoning.

I put a new profile pic up on facebook. I don't take good pictures. I always look cross eyed when i do selfies too. I asked mom do i look as bad as i take pictures. She said no but i don't know if she would tell me the truth. :funny: I think if i can drop some weight i will feel better about the way I look too. niece doesn't take a bad picture. she is so photogenic. That is not me. :)