Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by ldematto »

Great visual ~! Looking at that and based on the way it feels I would say it's more likely the lateral collateral ligament. legs are feeling very sluggish as well - it's so hard to describe, an overall weakness mostly getting up. Once up they work fairly well, but I'm careful I don't move too quickly - careful controlled movements like squats and lunges are ok.

I'm going to call doctor to see if I'm due for an overall checkup - sounds like a good idea :)

*Update - Haven't had a Physical since 2008 but they couldn't get me in for one until September, so made an appointment for knee next Tuesday.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

I definitely have a touch of the flu or something - overall aching body with today not being able to be too far from the little girls room clinched it :( Taking it easy again today - can't hurt resting knee anyway.

Have a great day!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Get some rest Lu! Hope you get to feeling better soon! :D
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Seeing a physician is never a bad idea. Hope you feel better soon.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Thanks Guys - I'm feeling a little better today but think I'll wait on exercising again - will probably do a power walk later today or tomorrow and hopefully start fresh on Monday- see doc on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

How are you feeling today??? Relax if you need to... :wink:
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Good Morning! today I have doctors appointment - still a little off, legs are still aching. I did a power walk at the campground Sunday morning, otherwise I've been exercise free. Not altogether though as I was pretty active ;) intestinal problem still exists, I'm thinking it might be the diabetic friendly yogurt?!?! Seems like it's food related and that's the only thing that's different - or maybe I have some kind of bacterial issue going on....I *feel* good.

Today I am going to attempt the circuit training I previously mentioned. I might substitute incline DB press for Chect Press and Standing Shoulder press vs Seated...we'll see.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Today's Workout

Warmed up with 50 Windmills and stretching

3 sets of the following circuit, 60 sec brake between sets. 10-12 reps

Plie Squats 10 lbs DB - 12 reps
DB Rows - 20 lb. 10 reps x 2
DB Curls (Alt) 10 lb. DB 10 reps x 2
DB Step Ups - 10 DB's - 12 reps
Incline DB Press - 8 lb DB's - 10 reps
Standing DB Shoulder Press - 8 lb DB's - 10 reps
Stiff Legged DB Deads - 10 lb DB's (I know, too light but wanted to stay within DB's I had ready and waiting - will tweak later)
Incline Flyes - 5 lb DB's - 10 reps

Not exactly as planned but good first try - wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be, possibly the light weights. I like the idea of circuit training to intensify workouts.

Instead of the treadmill I did 10 minutes on the Elliptical at a resistance of 6. The Elliptical has always been a challenge for me, legs even after only 10 minutes go somewhat numb. So, maybe this is where I need to be. The trouble areas for me is legs/thighs so maybe as I increase time and resistance on the Elliptical I can get some of this fat to melt off.

Have a great day!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Went to doc today and as expected I need to get blood tested for all sorts of stuff including whatever they do normally for an annual checkup. In particular it'll be tested for Lyme's disease as well as arthritis screens. I pointed out areas that looked a little swollen - she said it looked like muscles to her - LOL I hope to go tomorrow so I can find out what's wrong - she asked , was I sure I wasn't over training and honestly I don't think I have been. We also talked about intestinal issues of late - she told me to watch what I was eating, for example, I've been eating lots of Tuscan Mellon (yum, yum!) and I told her i thought the Diabetic Yogurt might be affecting me. She said anything with Sucralose could be the culprit (confirmed it IS in the Yogurt!) as Sucralose is non-digestible. It is also present in Splenda which I use for coffee. A bulb went off in head - remember I didn't drink coffee for 3 weeks to a month? Well, I started drinking a cup a day last week (I missed it) - possibly getting back t the Splenda is affecting me? I'm not sure I like this *fine tuned* bod that reacts to any changes - LOL DOC said I looked *FIT* - I liked that!

So off to the grocery store to get Greek Yogurt again. :?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote:DOC said I looked *FIT* - I liked that!
That is awesome! I'm sure it is refreshing for her to see someone who is fit and takes their health seriously. I bet she sees many people who don't.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

They took 6 vials of blood this morning - should be able to figure out if anything is wrong with that much blood :)

Treadmill - 6 Intervals at 6.3 mph, then 5 minutes slow, then 20 minutes strong and steady. Jumped on the Elliptical first and just couldn't do it - after 5 minutes I went back to the treadmill. I'll try again another day - today I had a friend ( dogs groomer) come over to work out - spent some time showing her some exercises. After the treadmill I did 50 windmills.

I have a headache today - drinking tons of water so I'm not dehydrated :? Maybe I need ALL blood - LOL

I tried Turkey Eggs this morning - I've never seen them for sale, so I was curious when they were on the menu from the local farmers. No difference from chicken eggs IMO. Anyone aware of any nutritional differences?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

how long did you wait after your blood was drawn to do your workout? I am thinking maybe the headache is from the combination of the loss of blood volume and the cardio workout. 6 vials seems like more than the usual, so you should probably take it easy and not get over heated.
Take care of yourself Lu!!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

fitoverforty wrote:how long did you wait after your blood was drawn to do your workout? I
I was working out within the hour.....probably not a good idea I guess. I haven't had a headache in a very long time~! I'll know next time, in the mean time I think I'm going to go lay down - in the dark! :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Must not have been the blood issue becasue I still have a headache this morning - body is achy and tired, which affected workout somewhat...but here's what I did:

50 Windmills and Stretching
Plie Squats 2 x 12 - 10 lb DB
Lunges 2 x (12, 3 and 6 o'clock lunges) then 2 x 10 Walking lunges (10 lb DB's)
SAR's - 2 x 12 x 2 - 20 lb DB
Standing Side Raises - 2 x 12 - 5 lb DB's
Shrugs - 2 x 12 - 10 lb DB
Incline Flyes - 3 x 12 - 5 lb DB's
Post Delts - 2 x 20 - 8 lb DB's
Bench Press - 2 x 12 - 8 lb DB's
External Rotation (up against the wall) 2 x 12 - 5 lb DB's
Concentrated Curls - 2 x 10 x 2 - 10 lb DB
Chin Ups - 1 x 10, and 1 x 5 -9 assist - too tired!

I've got this huge black and blue where they took blood yesterday - seems they can never get a clean prick anymore :( I look like a druggie! :(

Have a great day!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ldematto wrote:Must not have been the blood issue becasue I still have a headache this morning
It could be from the blood draw still. I donate blood regularly and I have to take 24 hours off of working out when I do otherwise it does some crazy things to body - head especially! Just make sure you continue to drink lots of fluids! I hope it goes away soon, headaches are no fun!