Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by EdgarHF »

I have to say to I find I am losing more by eating enough to have the energy to more. Of course I am a big guy but I am losing while still taking in 2000 calories a day. So I am not starving myself and I know as long as I keep exercising and eat healthy the pounds will eventually go away. In the past when I tried really cutting calories to a minimum it did not work. The fact that you are not hungary is probably a good sign though. :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

EdgarHF wrote:The fact that you are not hungary is probably a good sign though. :)
Yeah - it WAS a good sign - I weighed in at 168.5 this morning!! Broke barrier! Yes! Now I just want to continue going in that direction. most recent goal is 160, then determine next goal depending on what I look like ;) I haven't been weighing myself as often as I use to...guess it works! :D

Today I woke up groggy, had to take something to sleep last night - I've been waking all night long lately.....nothing on mind that's keeping me up, not sure why I'm having sleep problems.....anyway, got a good solid 8 hours and know I'll feel better today.
Yesterday was Cardio - somehow M-W-F weights, Tu/Thurs Cardio got screwed up - Sat is power walk at campground. Anyway, I'm going to get on the treadmill today, Sprint 8 - and try to get back on normal schedule. Also I need to spend LOTS of time studying today :(

Have a great day~!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ldematto wrote:I weighed in at 168.5 this morning!! Broke barrier!
YAY!!! You'll hit your next goal in no time :D

I think I am the opposite with weighing myself. I have to weigh myself once a week or I find myself getting off track. I took two weeks off of weighing and when I did I had gained much more than I wanted to see! I think weighing once a week for me is what keeps me on track.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

feelin-great wrote:YAY!!! You'll hit your next goal in no time :D
Thank you ~! It's been such a yo-yo, up/down/up/down from 167 to 178 in the past year - I got down to 167 I think last June or July and never went below that, but I had lots of set backs....I'm really determined to get there this time, no reason not to....hopefully by the mid to end of July!

I'm excited! :!:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote:I weighed in at 168.5 this morning!! Broke barrier!
AWESOME!!! You are on your way Lu! Great work on breaking down that barrier. :D Look out 160...here comes Lu!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

NICE!!!!! - KEEP IT UP WOMAN :wink:
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Post by PandorasVise »

Great job Lu!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Break another barrier as well.

Write the old weight you were on a long bit of gaffer tape, tie the tape to a couple of trees, then run through it like a marathon runner :wink:

Then feel twice as good. Perhaps even borderline smug :P
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:
EdgarHF wrote:I haven't been weighing myself as often as I use to...guess it works! :D
I found that weighing myself too often was recipe for driving myself nuts.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Haven't worked out the last couple of days, went out in the boat Friday - it was a beautiful day! I sure felt like I got a workout, lots of manual labor including pulling and placing the anchor...twice, it was so windy it didn't work the first time. Friday night we went out for our anniversary (22 years!) The restaurant had rose pedals all over the table with a single red rose for me - a bottle of champagne... we had our traditional Chateubriand, Ceasars Salad - NO DESSERT (I had some restraint) but the champagne didn't make me feel so good in the morning :( But today....

Warmed up with 50 Windmills and extensive stretching. I am tired of getting hurt and understand the importance of stretching BEFORE & AFTER working out....I did some wall push ups too :roll:

Circuits - 3 sets of the following 12 reps each.

Plie Squats, 12 lb DB
Post Delts, 5 lb DB's
Incline Flyes, 5 lb DB's
Shoulder Press, 5 lb DB's
Lat Pulldowns, 70 lbs
Leg Extensions (with the contraption at the end of a bench) 30 lbs.
Cross Bench Pull Overs, 5 lb DB's

Then did 3 sets of Single Arm Rows - 20 lb DB x 2
Steps ups - 3 x 15
Stretching again and done.....

Need to cram with the N.A.S. M. course this week - leaving Thursday afternoon for the 2 day live workshop, I don't NEED to be at a particular point, but I want to know as much as possible - sorry Les, am going to take it in Norwalk CT with study buddy, but I will make it to FL, ( just for fun :D) - now the Miami area (You go girl, so proud of ya!) come fall, winter.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Today's Workout

Warmed up with 50 Windmills w/weights - stretched, especially calves and shins....getting ready for Treadmill

Did the FAT BURN Program, 20 minutes, various speeds and inclines - level 5 - I tried this program before but had difficulty completing 3 or 4 segments in a row that required jogging/running (for me!) It was GREAT~! I can almost *feel* what you guys who run feel! Maybe a 5K isn't that far away for me :wink:
I saw a sign yesterday touting the Tour NOANK - 5 K race - Noank is a subdivision of the town I live in - anyway, it got me to thinking I may want to make that goal next year. I'm not sure when it is, but i do know it's far too soon for me to be thinking this year.

I'm off to study - have a great day!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ldematto wrote:Maybe a 5K isn't that far away for me :wink:
That's great :D Go for it!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote: Friday night we went out for our anniversary (22 years!)
congrats! :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

I googled Tour Noank and that particular race took place June 19th. BUT I found a Race Schedule for the rest of the year and there's LOTS of opportunities to participate. I'll have to talk to hubby and see if he wants to take one on with me. I see they have a 1 mile one - maybe that's a good way to start too - but a 5K (even if we walked half of it) doesn't sound too bad - we do 2-3 miles on the Treadmill and Elliptical already. We'll see.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Presumably then you'd need one of those Bikes with a basket on the front, so the Dog can come too.

A little added ballast, to stop you going too fast when you get a bit excited :wink: