Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by ldematto »

Boss Man wrote:Presumably then you'd need one of those Bikes with a basket on the front, so the Dog can come too.
I have one :) Honest Boss Man - I really don't carry her everywhere :wink:
Lesplease wrote:Just a heads up, Lu, I have one of those baskets and Wiggy is NOT a fan!
She didn't like it :(

Today's Workout
Warmed up with Windmills w/weights and MAJOR stretching.

Circuits - 3 sets of 12 reps per exercise, no rest between exercises, 60 second rest between sets. I added some lower body moves as son said what I was doing was too upper body heavy - probably why shoulder/arm is bothering me.

Plie Squats, 15 lb DB
Bent over Lat. Raise, 5 lb DB's
Incline Flyes, 5 lb DB's
Lying Lat. Side Raise x 2 - 5 lb DB.
Deads - 45 lb BB
Pull Ups - w/assist
Reverse Lunges, 45 lb BB on shoulders
Leg Extensions, 30 lbs.
Hip Abduction w/band x 2

Phew~! Leg Raises really burned after 6 reps - didn't do that before. Must be because I did them just after reverse lunges with the BB :shock:

I was planning to do the FAT Burn program onthe treadmill but I think I will wait until later - I'm beat!

Have a great day!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:
Boss Man wrote:Presumably then you'd need one of those Bikes with a basket on the front, so the Dog can come too.
I have one :) Honest Boss Man - I really don't carry her everywhere :wink:
Lesplease wrote:Just a heads up, Lu, I have one of those baskets and Wiggy is NOT a fan!
She didn't like it :(

Today's Workout
Warmed up with Windmills w/weights and MAJOR stretching.

Circuits - 3 sets of 12 reps per exercise, no rest between exercises, 60 second rest between sets. I added some lower body moves as son said what I was doing was too upper body heavy - probably why shoulder/arm is bothering me.

Plie Squats, 15 lb DB
Bent over Lat. Raise, 5 lb DB's
Incline Flyes, 5 lb DB's
Lying Lat. Side Raise x 2 - 5 lb DB.
Deads - 45 lb BB
Pull Ups - w/assist
Reverse Lunges, 45 lb BB on shoulders
Leg Extensions, 30 lbs.
Hip Abduction w/band x 2

Phew~! Leg Raises really burned after 6 reps - didn't do that before. Must be because I did them just after reverse lunges with the BB :shock:

I was planning to do the FAT Burn program onthe treadmill but I think I will wait until later - I'm beat!

Have a great day!
Sounds like one heavy duty workout
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote: Friday night we went out for our anniversary (22 years!) The restaurant had rose pedals all over the table with a single red rose for me - a bottle of champagne...
Awww..that sounds so romantic! Congratulations on wedding anniversary - 22 years!! woo hoo!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

At least the rose petals weren't in the food :P. I'm assuming not anyway. Reminds me of some restaurants that serve Baked Potatos and when they come they have some cress in them, that you neither wanted nor asked for :o.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes. but most people don't keep herbivorous pets, so maybe your experiences with pointless, unwanted garnish, are a little different to the rest of us :P.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

It's almost the next day~! This morning I did the Fat Burn Program on the Treadmill after 50 Windmills and Calf Raises. I had unexpected but welcome visitor (friend from RI plus friend from Calif. who is visiting for a few days, and because I am going away this weekend I didn't think I'd get to visit with her. We had a blast! BUT, we were having company for dinner, so had to go shopping and get ready. Tonight we had a fab dinner of salmon and haddock, with Quinoa with sauteed onions, mushrooms and garlic, with broccoli and a salad. Listened to the Eagles - :):) After dinner played Pitch (some call it Set Back) and us girls whooped the boys!! LOL

Tomorrow I'm off to workshop in the afternoon I'm hoping to get workout in before I leave.

G'Night!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Today

Warmed up with Windmills and stretching then did 2 sets of the following

Plie Squats - 15 lb DB
Bent over Lat Raises, 5 lb DB's
Incline Flyes, 5 lb DB's
Laying down Side Lat Raises x 2
Deads - 45 lb BB
Pull ups 1 x 12, Chin Ups 1 x 12
Reverse Lunges, 15 lb DB's
Leg Extensions

That's all - I'm in Norwalk - Workshop all Day tomorrow. I'm hoping to get on the treadmill in the hotel Gym tomorrow - probably after the workshop -starts at 7 AM
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Looking good woman... How was the workshop? :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Lu? Knock knock..... how ya doin'? miss ya. :D
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Hi Guys~! The workshop was awesome! BUT, I was so beat when I got home I've done nothing since, body aches...did lots of stabilisation stuff...plus push ups (variation for me!) planks, yep, planks!!! I learned alot!!! Soooooo.... workout routine is going to change...that is as soon as I get some energy back - get up and go got up and went! :(
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:Hi Guys~!that is as soon as I get some energy back - get up and go got up and went! :(
From time to time body shuts down after workouts. I have even started taking naps.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Last night did some SMF - (Foam Roller) and stretching - bridges and balancing exercises - was going to step on the treadmill....today I'm not sure, left foot is still bothering me....so I might do some weights a little later. FOOD is very important right now - trying to tweak again...NO MORE alcohol!!! This past weekend I had 5 drinks - Grrrrrr........not good!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ldematto wrote:NO MORE alcohol!!! This past weekend I had 5 drinks - Grrrrrr........not good!
But sometimes you need to let go, even if just for a short time :D Did you at least have fun? I know I always regret it, too (even though I only drink a couple of times a year, really!).
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:NO MORE alcohol!!! This past weekend I had 5 drinks - Grrrrrr........not good!
I don't really drink anymore, but I am going to Vegas the end of September. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Lesplease wrote:not herpes ):
Lu, aren't you glad you brought up the drinking - somehow it turns into this :lol: :lol: :lol: