Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by Bonnie »

Not at all :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ldematto wrote:It's raining today so I think I'll work in the yard and *pretend* I'm playing with a hose.
LMAO! You inspire me to get out and work on landscaping :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

feelin-great wrote:You inspire me to get out and work on landscaping :)
Problem with yard work is that's ALL you can do :( Today removed all debris, leaves etc....many loads to the "woods" out past our fire pit and circle of rocks...was suppose to be a reading garden, not sure where husband comes up with this stuff! LOL Anyway, as much as I bent down properly etc, back is killing me! Last night knee kind of gave way....not a big deal, but something that I think I need to watch.

No formal workout today, will power walk later at the campground - need to mow three lawns too !
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:
feelin-great wrote:You inspire me to get out and work on landscaping :)
Problem with yard work is that's ALL you can do :( Today removed all debris, leaves etc....many loads to the "woods" out past our fire pit and circle of rocks...was suppose to be a reading garden, not sure where husband comes up with this stuff! LOL Anyway, as much as I bent down properly etc, back is killing me! Last night knee kind of gave way....not a big deal, but something that I think I need to watch.

No formal workout today, will power walk later at the campground - need to mow three lawns too !
Luckly I am a city appartment dweller, because I hate yardwork. Then again, I hate work period :lol:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote:No formal workout today, will power walk later at the campground - need to mow three lawns too !
Can you stop by house Lu? If it's not too far out of your way and all....I mean you know...you are already mowing 3 lawns...what's one more right? I've got some fresh garden tomatos for ya - and you can take a dip in the pool afterwards - :lol: I could break out the blender and make you a fruity refreshment too. :P
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

fitoverforty wrote:Can you stop by house Lu? If it's not too far out of your way and all....I mean you know...you are already mowing 3 lawns...what's one more right? I've got some fresh garden tomatos for ya - and you can take a dip in the pool afterwards - :lol: I could break out the blender and make you a fruity refreshment too. :P
LOL~! Actually what happened is husband got there first and mowed all lawns :) but if you were a neighbor I'd happily help you out! You can bribe me with fresh tomatoes, a dip in the pool and fruity refreshments anytime - won't you be surprised when I show up? Ha! :shock:

I did attempt a *power* walk at the campground, but I hurt so bad from morning lawn work I had a real hard time - still walked about 2 miles but it was hardly a power walk. Later that evening hubby had to massage me, I could hardly move ;)

Today felt better, came home and did the following workout:

Warmed up with 50 Windmills and stretching.

Plie Squats, 12 lb DB - 4 x 12
Post. Delts, 5 lb DB's 4 x 15
Incline Flyes, 5 lb DB's 4 x 12
Shoulder Press, 8 lb DB's 4 x 12
Cross Bench Pullovers, 5 lb DB's - 4 x 12
Pull up (not chin ups this time) 4 x 10 w/assist.

I was planning to get on the treadmill for some steady walking but was beat.

See you tomorrow! :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

ldematto wrote: Later that evening hubby had to massage me, I could hardly move ;)
You mean because it still hurt, or you were just too comfy?
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Boss Man wrote:You mean because it still hurt, or you were just too comfy?
Ha~! Guess speed typing is misleading :) hubby massaged me because I hurt and couldn't move...he made it much better :)

No Workout today - will resume tomorrow.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote: hubby massaged me because I hurt and couldn't move...he made it much better :)
:wink: I'm sure he did... 8)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Today's Workout

Warmed up with 2 sets of 30 low hurdle step overs - Front/Side/Back
Stretches including Calf Raises....

Plie Squats, 12 lb DB 4 x 12
Post Delts, 5 lb DB 4 x 15
Incline Flyes 5lb. DB's 4 x 15
Shoulder Press, 2 Sitting, 2 standing - 8 lb DB's 4 x 10
Pull ups - 4 x 12 w/assist
Alternating Curls - 10 lb DB's - 2 x 20
Bar Bell Weighted (45 lbs) Lunges (Front/Reverse - 2 x 10

Bosu Ball Balancing in between sets
Medicine Ball Toss - 8 lb Ball - about 30 throws.

Have a great day!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

ldematto wrote:Today's Workout

Medicine Ball Toss - 8 lb Ball - about 30 throws.
Me hate Medicine Ball :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm not that bothered with medicine balls, but me and Swiss Balls, now there's an uneasy relationship.

Right now were not on good speaking terms :wink:
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Boss Man wrote:I'm not that bothered with medicine balls, but me and Swiss Balls, now there's an uneasy relationship.

Right now were not on good speaking terms :wink:
Yep - the Swiss Ball doesn't like me much either ;)

Today I decided to start recording food again, and went to everydayhealth.com. They are running a beta program, a bit different from what it was when I used if before, but it works. I listed everything I ate today, and come very short on the number of calories I should be eating. Of course it depends on who you listen to - but everydayhealth not taking into consideration exercise says I need to consume 1500 calories per day. Boss Man says 1800 for a sedentary female...probably 2200 for someone who exercises regularly........today was not a typical, typical day as I ate yogurt concoction for dinner, but caloric intake was 1243 ~! :shock: So, I could easily have eaten 1000 more calories and still been relatively ok after a fairly good workout? I don't get it.....am I not eating enough? average calorie intake when I started back in December 2008 was about 1300 per day....guess I'm consistent! Hard to believe the fat isn't just sliding off me - grrrrr!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ldematto wrote:So, I could easily have eaten 1000 more calories and still been relatively ok after a fairly good workout? I don't get it.....am I not eating enough? average calorie intake when I started back in December 2008 was about 1300 per day....guess I'm consistent! Hard to believe the fat isn't just sliding off me - grrrrr!
I have always struggled with this too. When I have done low-calorie diets in the past I lose a lot right away but then plateau. On here I am told that I wasn't eating enough calories so I increased calories and I still lose weight :) It's hard for me to understand how it's possible, but I guess body just needed more calories to keep fighting off the fat :mrgreen:
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

feelin-great wrote:I guess body just needed more calories to keep fighting off the fat :mrgreen:
Sounds like that is the root of problem....I need to focus on eating right but more....

Today

Warmed up with Windmills and stretching

Sprint 8 Program Level 5 on Treadmill - 8 intervals, 20 minutes

Finished with stretching and ab work - oblique crunches, crunches, glute kick backs and Swiss Ball stuff...not worth detailing.

Have a great day!

Tracked 1400 Calories today. I have to admit I'm not very hungry - I really didn't eat lunch - I'm taking some supplements that seems to be diminishing appetite?!? That's the only explanation - nothing else has changed.