Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by ldematto »

Oh Nokie!!! I meant to come back long before now and start posting workouts, if not that, progress on weight, but it's just been crazy around here!

Bottom line is I lost 42 pounds at which point I went off the Ideal Protein Diet and am just watching what I eat, allowing for some fun summer stuff as well. I figure if I still need to lose some weight at the end of the summer, I might go back on the diet, as it worked so well!! I only have 15-20 to go. So, far I'm maintaining, not losing, not gaining.

I'm in t :) he middle of getting ready to go to camp, so I'll check in later. Miss you too and hope all is well!

Lu
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's always good to hear from you Lu, but as ever I appreciate peoples lives need to be the main prority, but whenver you need to talk we are here and whatever happens in your life, you will never be unnappreciated for a moment, because you have given a lot of beauty and great emotion to the community as a whole and this site would never have been the same without you :).

Keep on pushing and keep on believing in yourself, because you ARE worth the time and effort you put into yourself and the inner beauty you possess is always, always worth fighting for and protecting.

GOOD LUCK Lu, because you're doing brilliantly and even if sometimes we don't see things exactly the same way, you'll always have undying support and respect, because you've earned it a million times over :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hey Lu,
That’s awesome that you lost 42lbs!!! :D But the Ideal Protein Diet seems intense :shock: !!! Anyways, glad to hear from you and have fun on camping your trip. :mrgreen:
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Lu, congrats on all the changes you have made, and I know how excited you must be about your new body/lifestyle!
By the way, I discovered Walden Farms dressings a few years back while dieting for 1st bodybuilding contest, and they sure did save me from a what would have normally been a bland prep. favorite combo is grilled chicken sauteed on high heat in Walden Farms bbq sauce and Walden Farms blue cheese dressing. If you haven't tried sauteing some of your main dishes in this stuff, then your missing out!! So good!! :D
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Ooh, that sounds yummy Alinshop! I'll definitely try it.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, I love this site, you guys make it a great place to be! :)

Took a 2 month vacation from diet, gained 10 lbs, but first week back on the Ideal Protein Diet I lost 9.4, so it was mostly water weight...and still losing.

I have only 15 lbs to go to meet goal, so I have begun a modified workout program. Only 30 minutes as I'm still only taking in 1000 calories a day. Mostly floor exercises, leg raises, kick backs, windmills, various stretching...even some squats without weights. Also, doing upper body weights, single arm rows and flies....3x15, 8 and 15lb dumbbells respectively. I plan to use lower weights, higher repetitions than the old me, looking to tone vs strength. I still have arthritis in knees which makes it uncomfortable to do lunges....any ideas on how I can get past this would be appreciated. So slow going for me, but I am working out 5 mornings a week...need to start somewhere and it feels good!! I almost feel like old self, newer version of course!

I'll be 61 next month!!! Yikes!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hey Lu,

I'm glad you are doing great. It seems like your diet is looking good but its very low calories. Anyways, I admire you for working out in the morning... I'm having a hard time working out at 5AM and always snooze alarm and back to bed before work... hehehehe :mrgreen:
Good to have you around and some updates and 2 months of vacation... oh i'm jealous! :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If the arthritis is a bit too much, you could sub the lunges for bodyweighted hamstring curls, assuming you were doing bodyweighted stuff.

You get on your hand and knees, then extend one leg backwards until it's straight and parallel with your back, then flex the knee until the leg goes back as far as it can, then straighten it again.

You repeat this for the desired number of reps, then lower the leg back down and switch to the other leg.

You're using both hands plus one knee and lower leg for support at all times, so you should be stable.

If you're doing weighted stuff, then possibly stiff legged deadlifts might work.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

That's sounds like a great idea Bossman, thanks!

I just wrote a long response and lost it all, a message appeared that I had to sign in...Arrrg!

Good news!!! I'm down to 169, lost 49 lbs and 19.50 inches! 9 more lbs to go to meet 160 goal, then maybe I'll go for 10 more, we'll see. ultimate goal is to wear size 10, I have sooooo many clothes that size and it's a good weight for me at age. I'll post pics when I'm done. before pic is similar to before pic already posted here, but I'll try to get the one taken at clinic.

hubby has been in China for 2 weeks, and won't be home for another week. I was hoping to be closer to goal by the time he came home, but as long as it's a steady loss going in the right direction I'm happy!

Take care.
Lu
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Wow... That's awesome! :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE Lu, I'm really proud of you :).

You might not be quite the spring chicken you once were, but you're proving that you are a long way from the knackers yard and not over the hill just yet :).
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Good Morning!

Good news is I broke the 50 lb mark! Now down to 167, 7 lbs short of goal, but almost there! husband will be home Sunday from China, I'm sure he will notice the pounds I've lost since he left, seems they were important pounds because everyone I see says, whoa! You are melting away to nothing! LOL Most have said I'm perfect just as I am, that I don't need to lose anymore...but 7 more pounds is minimal goal, 160 is definitely not thin!

I have been working out, mostly stretching, floor exercises and some weight training. I've spent tons of energy tearing house apart, spring/fall cleaning...organizing etc....nice to do while hubby is away, much easier! So, all is well in the DeMatto household. VERY soon, I'll be back in full swing maintenance and normal exercise regime.

Have a great day!
Lu
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep believing Lu because you ARE worth it and we ARE here for you, so chin up, be strong and keep pushing, because you've got a lot of inner beauty to give to others, but you've more than enough for yourself too and you ARE worth it, so remember your own worth and GOOD LUCK

P.S. the husband better notice the difference, or I fear he'll flying half way back to China courtesy of your right leg up his jaxi :wink:.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Ha!!! Bossman- he noticed!! BUT, as soon as he returned he was ravenous and ate everything in sight, making it very difficult for me :( I guess the cuisine in China wasn't the best, Rick lost at least 10 lbs while he was gone! So, I was irrational for a few days and ate stuff I shouldn't have (hard to watch someone eat Oreos one after the other without joining in)that put a damper on weight loss goals.....good news is today I am down to 165.2, only 5.2 lbs to go to meet original goal....gosh, reading this journal way back when, 160 has been goal forever!!

Anyway, I've changed mind, I need to be at 154.5 to be at a healthy BMI....I'll be very happy when I hit 160, but I really need to get to at least 154.5.....so maybe 150 should be next goal. No lower than that, I do believe 150 would be ideal weight.

We go to Aruba in 3-4 weeks, so I'm hoping to be at goal (not ideal) by the time I leave, 160 anyway, and I'll have to behave while I am away. Fortunately I don't really drink much anymore, so that won't be an issue for me!

I'm off to do some stretching activities and maybe a bit of weight training. It's a great day! Hope you are able to enjoy it!
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

ldematto wrote:Ha!!! Bossman- he noticed!! BUT, as soon as he returned he was ravenous and ate everything in sight, making it very difficult for me :( I guess the cuisine in China wasn't the best, Rick lost at least 10 lbs while he was gone! So, I was irrational for a few days and ate stuff I shouldn't have (hard to watch someone eat Oreos one after the other without joining in)that put a damper on weight loss goals.....good news is today I am down to 165.2, only 5.2 lbs to go to meet original goal....gosh, reading this journal way back when, 160 has been goal forever!!

Anyway, I've changed mind, I need to be at 154.5 to be at a healthy BMI....I'll be very happy when I hit 160, but I really need to get to at least 154.5.....so maybe 150 should be next goal. No lower than that, I do believe 150 would be ideal weight.

We go to Aruba in 3-4 weeks, so I'm hoping to be at goal (not ideal) by the time I leave, 160 anyway, and I'll have to behave while I am away. Fortunately I don't really drink much anymore, so that won't be an issue for me!

How the heck do you watch someone eat Oreos in front of you w/out indulging? :shock: That in itself is a huge feat! Have fun in Aruba!

I'm off to do some stretching activities and maybe a bit of weight training. It's a great day! Hope you are able to enjoy it!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Wow! It's been a long time since I've visited this site. Haven't worked out in awhile, for many reasons...but hopefully will be able to do so soon.

A shout out to all friends here! Hope all are doing well!