Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by ldematto »

feelin-great wrote:It could be from the blood draw still. I donate blood regularly and I have to take 24 hours off of working out when I do otherwise it does some crazy things to body - head especially! Just make sure you continue to drink lots of fluids! I hope it goes away soon, headaches are no fun!
I'm drinking lot of fluids - appetite is a little off today, when I woke up I was starving, had some yogurt fruit and nuts...after working out I had a protein shake and protein bar and now I'm not feeling like eating again and its been a good three hours.........need to lay down and rest some, get rid of this headache. Thanks for stopping in !
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Aside from your headache & body aches (not the flu is it?) I think you are doing a great job keeping up with your workouts. Most people would just crawl up in the bed and call it a day (probably eat some ice cream too :wink: ) but you are hanging in there, doing your workouts and eating right. You go girl! And I hope your headache gets better. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I agree with Lynne - and I am one of those who would just curl up on couch until I felt better :D I give you credit for getting yourself to workout when you aren't feeling well, that takes a lot of strength! But make sure you are taking care of yourself, rest if you need to. Hope you feel better.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement :) I haven't heard from the doc yet (I called yesterday) - I went to bed early - but woke around 11 as I was starving?!?!? I needed cereal or bread...it's weird, appetite is crazy! So, anyway I got up and had some Cherrio's with Fat Free Milk - stomach growled after but I was able to sleep.

Today decided to try the Elliptical and it didn't work out right - was on it for 10 minutes, but clearly body NEEDS it or it wouldn't scream so much :( Or maybe it's just current aches and pains - time will tell. I did 50 Windmills and stretched, but that's it for today. Power walking at the campground for the next couple of days. I might bring a few DB's with me. It's DIL's birthday Saturday so we plan to have a lobster bake! I'm not sure I'll be having a lobster because lobster without tons of butter is like peanut butter without jelly (but P without J is much easier~!)

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend~! I will definitely reflect on the many men and women who gave their lives for our freedom, a heartfelt thank you to them and to all those who serve or who have served in our armed forces.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I've been advised before, never to lift heavy stuff or exercise for about 6 hours after a blood donation. I think operating heavy machinery also applies.Just as well then I get the bus or walk, depending on the location, as I wouldn't want to have to come back 6 hours, later just to drive 10 tonner back again :P.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

It's Tuesday after a long holiday weekend of sun and fun - it was a GREAT weekend weather wise - unfortunately I did have a few cocktails and a piece of BD cake. It was yellow cake with whipped cream frosting with blueberries and strawberries (made to look like the American Flag) I power walked every morning and yesterday rode bike to Walmart with hubby. It's amazing how BIG those hills are when you are on a bike, but they aren't even there when you drive! :shock: so, all in all it was a good weekend - I knew even though I didn't do any weight training that I needed have some exercise.

Today

50 Windmills with 3 lb DB's
I did 3 sets of the following circuit 10 reps each exercise.

Plie Squats - 10 lb DB
Dumbbell Rows - 10 lb DB's
Alternating Curls - 10 lb. DB's
Step Ups - 10 lb DB's
Chest Press - 10 lb. DB's
Seated Shoulder Press - 1 x 10 with 10 lb. DB's - then 2 x 10 with 8 lb DB's due to shoulder issue
Stiff Legged Deads - 10 lb DB's
Cross Bench Pullover - 10 lb DB's
CRoss Chest Curl - 10 lb DB's

I somehow skipped the Tricep Ext...oh well :?

It felt good but still not terribly challenging - I will keep it up though, maybe add a set or two or increase weights

Have a GREAT day!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ldematto wrote:It's amazing how BIG those hills are when you are on a bike, but they aren't even there when you drive! :shock:
Amazing how different things look on bikes (or on foot) :lol: The slightest incline driving can seem like a mountain when you are on a bike!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Whip cream frosting is the BEST kind :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Lot's on the agenda today, but started out with a great deep tissue massage.... *treat* for aching body - LOL

Worked in the yard today pulling weeds from an area we've not yet addressed - lots of bending and pulling. Bought a new pair of New Balance Sneaks - 623's...the next generation 622. I liked the 622's, apparently I missed the blow out sale - oh well.

Tomorrow husband and I will be taking our son Jeff to the hospital for surgery - so tomorrow will be a blow out for me, no exercise. But guess is I'll be doing lots of walking...back and forth...... I made a lunch bag with food/snacks, so diet shouldn't suffer much..

Tonight did Sprint 8 program on the Treadmill at level 6...8 intervals, 20 minutes.

Wish us luck tomorrow - this type of surgery is scary - his C4 or 5 is pressed against a nerve on his spinal column..they will be taking a piece of bone from his hip after they remove the offending piece of bone......he is in so much pain, he can't wait to get it taken care of.

Have a great day/evening/morning. :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way Lu. Hope your son recovers quickly and is rid of the pain. Good thinking on packing the snacks. :D Take care.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I will keep your son in prayers today :) Take care!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Hope he has a speedy recovery..new balance shoes rock !!
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Everything went GREAT for our son! The surgery went as planned - he is so excited that his right arm and neck are no longer in pain! He was so positive (full of piss and vinegar!) that he wanted to come home today! But alas, no doc would let him do so....I hope he has a good night - he seems kind of *high* - maybe it's the drugs...I think he had a dose of morphine and who knows what else. His hip kills him, he says it feels like he was hit by a bullet! They took a piece of bone from his hip to replace whatever they took ( a disk?) out of his neck. Obviously I haven't talked to the doc - LOL

He was STARVING, so I left him with some cherries, some yogurt with blueberries and nuts and 2 1/2 Homemade Protein Bars. He promised he wouldn't eat them until he had permission to eat - well, as soon as I left he ate EVERYTHING! He's fine - I sure hope he doesn't have any trouble, I'm assuming it's due to the anesthesia and they didn't want him to get sick. Last time he had surgery he was starving and ate too - I should've known he'd eat the food.

I didn't work out today but when I got home it was still light out so I did about 45 minutes of weeding - bending down, pulling and reaching....we have 2 areas around our home that are pretty much in the natural state that need to be cleaned up. We have some nice trees that will be choked to death if I don't do something. :cry: Feel like I got a pretty good workout. Food was good today, ate packed stuff (the food I left son was dupes for husband - he didn't eat it) then I came home and had a great salad for dinner.

Tomorrow picking Jeff up and taking him home - hope to get some cardio in at some point, but we'll see.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes! It works! :):)
Have a great day!
PandorasVise
HIGH FLYER

Post by PandorasVise »

So glad your son's surgury went well.
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

I had the surgical procedure that your son had April of last year. I think the only difference with me is they fused a bone from a cadaver instead of from hip between C5 and C6. Before the surgery I had almost unbearable pain in right arm. Now, a year later arm feels fine and everything else feels like I never had surgery. Just want you to know that procedure works.