Ironwill's workout log

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Ironwill's workout log

Post by Boss Man »

She won't buy more useless diet products if you persuade her it's a waste of time. There's only so many times someone can do that, before the message finally sinks in, that noboy is going to create some sort of B.S pill, or fad diet, that will yield amazing physical results.

There's a product out now in Britain, being advertised by some woman who's thin, claiming to have the best Legs of her life after 5 kids.

I forget the name, but all you do is stand on it and slide your Legs apart a bit, then slide them back. The claim is 60 seconds of that a few times a day, will give you Legs like hers.

It just won't, i seriously won't, especially when the product is being marketed without even having the slogan, "must be used as part of a healthy, calorie controlled diet". So it comes across as a magic cureall for Fat legs, presumably in the hope you will not notice her flat stomach and thin Arms, because you're two busy looking at her stick Legs move side to side a little bit, without any actually bending or flexing of any Leg muscles.

Frankly save the money and just do that movement, by standing on a couple of rubber bands and move each Leg alternatiely side to side, because that will create a better range of motion than she gets on her dumb Leg device. Around 35-45 degrees, as opposed to her scenario where it's both Legs together at about 7.5 degrees range of motion per leg, or some other inneffective, pissy angle :roll: .
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

I guess people must fall for it over, and over, as they keep making those bizarre contraptions. If they weren't selling them, the would stop marketing them. I find it sad, that people do hope, and I suppose believe there is some magic pill, or some magic piece of equipment that will give them their "dream" body. It's as you say proper exercise, and proper diet. The old adage "you are what you eat" seems very true. 12 year old said the other day "hey Dad I'm going to do sit-ups every night so I can have 6-pack abs like you. I asked him if he'd ever seen me do sit ups/ crunches etc. He said no. I was like we all have a six pack under the fat, so if you want to see it, you need to clean up your diet some to lower your bf. (Not that I think its very important, especially at 12) You would think as the generations keep coming, we would learn from our mistakes, and educate the young on what we have learned.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

I suppose all the weight-loss "fad" diets, gimmicks, and equipment is a mega-$$ business. Keep people fooled, they'll keep buying. For sure, there's all types of info, good and bad, on the internet.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hypothetical example.

A marketing guru goes to Egypt. He has a novelty shaped glass bottles full of sand. He has a stand, a big cardbaord cutout of the bottle, a computer screen with a rotating bottle on it and two leggy blondes handing out flyers for bottled sand.

It costs thousands of dollars to do and he sells 1 measly bottle.

Fact is it hasn't made money, but it would mean the individual had proved, you could sell sand to people in a country where there's tonnes of the stuff for free.

The real truth, not hypothetical, is that B.S. makes money. B.S. sells. Honesty sells, but B.S. is the adrenaline rush for some. The lying, cheating, faking and snidey business techniques that make dirty money in effect. To some people, scruples, morals and ethics mean jack and for most of the B.S. merchants, always will do.

If one company didn't make some dumbass weight loss product, another would, whether it's pills or some stupid plastic or metal contraption, because these people, some of which may not be B.S. merchants, just deluded fools, will do this, because they see a money making opportunity, whether the product is the result of a B.S. merchant, or a deluded fool, convinced their crappy product has real, tangible benefits.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Hellooooooooo? Anybody home?
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Helllllllooooooooo....... :D . Vacation at Dummers Beach last week. Got back Sat. then Church Sunday morning, then Barbies sister, and bro cam over in the afternoon, with hubby/ wifey, and combo of 5 kids, not as though we were prepared for company, as we hadn't unpacked yet, but......whatever. They didn't give us much choice...... :twisted: Hope everyone is doing well. I did some body weight stuff at camp, then did a cest/back workout today. About 8 heavy sets apiece. I'll do legs/ shoulders tomorrow. Thanks for checking in on me...... 8)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

ironwill wrote:Helllllllooooooooo....... :D . Vacation at Dummers Beach last week.
So... how often do you take vacation???
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

We go to Dummers Beach to camp on Webb Lake a week in July, and a week in August. middle boy got Poison Ivy really bad, like all over, so glad to have him home to get him healed up. Even on his face, which bugs hims the most, he thinks he's ugly..... :(
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Awww... Poor thing!! I hope he gets better...
I hope you are telling him he is good looking like his father no matter what Poison it is!! :P
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

7-31-10 Finished first container of Creatine today.

May layoff getting more until Sept. and will likely try a different brand.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

8-23-10

Weight--180.2

Creatine back on the menu.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

You know, you should really stop posting so much, I can hardly keep up *sarcasm* :D
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

:D :D ........ workout's are so exciting right now, I just can't bear to share them...... :roll:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Well, good to see you around again :D
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

I've been pretty happy where I'm at for the Summer, around 180, and fairly lean. I didn't get as ripped as I wanted to, but wasn't embarrassed to go shirtless. Figured Sept. 1 I'd pick up the pace a bit, and start doing something a little more structured, and regular. Boys will be back in school then, so will have a bit more free time. I've been focusing on chest, back, and legs. Arms always want to grow, but consider the others weak points.