Ironwill's workout log

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ironwill
VETERAN

Re: Ironwill's workout log

Post by ironwill »

Actually it's the wrong pic.... :oops: I (well wife picked it up) Six Star Muscle "Pro strength Creatine"
Directions: For the first 5 days, take 2 servings (2 scoops) immediately after you work out. If you are not working out that day, have the first serving in the morning when you wake up and the second serving 12 hours later. Do no exceed 2 servings in a 24-hour period.
For subsequent days, take 1 serving (1 scoop) imediately after you work out. If you are not working out that day, have your serving in the morning when you wake up.
Creatine

http://www.vitacost.com/Six-Star-Muscle ... ruit-Punch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not fully enamoured with that truth be told.

You're expected to take 24g Creatine a day, split into 2 12g doses. Most people would use a 5g scoop 4x a day 4 hours apart.

That means with 20 serves, you'll use 1 whole tub just for the loading phase :shock:

No wonder at first glance it appears good value, but then you get 20 days out of the next tub, but the fact you use a whole tub initially to load is the bummer.

Thne they say people gained 18.6% in 10 days on strength, talk about these studies, but show you no evidence at all. These are just words, so without that evidence how do you know this stuff is as good as they say?

That site certainly isn't linking to it.

I've seen worse, but there's still one or two niggles about it. Thoiugh without those so-called studies, it could all be hype with little substance.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Pretty much what I was thinking. I've been reading the label to wife as a joke, sort of like look how HUGE I'm gonna be.....NOT! They hype it all up into some great thing, but I have serious doubts. She had picked it out at Wal-Mart, as I had asked. I figured they were all pretty much the same, and wanted to use something that was readily available. She said they had two different kinds, and the other had Chromium or something, so she thought this one would be better.

I would be open to suggestions to a particular brand, if you had one. Not that it would be an endorsement or anything like that. If it was a brand we didn't have locally, I could probably order it online.

Biggest thing I've noticed so far with the Creatine is I feel full more often (it contain's Phenylalanine, which I'm not to keen on) I still eat meals every 3 hours, but don't really feel hungry for them at all.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Basically, I don't like appetite suppressant's, and I think of this as being one.

Not sure this article has any merit but...... http://www.sweetpoison.com/phenylalanine.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Also, growing up hearing about the "fen phen" debacle, just the name throws me off, even though they may not even be a related group of drugs. I would be interested in other people's opinion of it though.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Phenylalanine can also exert effects on Serotonin releases. As stated it is an essdential Amino Acid. It is not an Appetite suppressant. Appetite suppressants are just plain crap simple as.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Les--I did a little research when you asked about it, and didn't find what I expected.

Boss--Wait til I tell Barbie, every time I take something that has it, she's like "oh no, thats one of the Fen-phen's, thats bad, thats bad" I also researched the Fen-phen craze, and I believe it's two totally different drugs (ingredients) from Phenylanine.

Thanks for the education....... :)

On a side note--a guy at work told me the other day that Splenda was as bad for you as smoking cigarettes. I don't typically use it, but that day I used a packet of it, and he had a fit.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If you're talking about Phentermine, then it's a prescription weight loss product of some kind, so I believe. Certainly nothing like Phenylalanine.

I am pretty much 99.99% certain, there is no such thing as an "essential" weight loss drug :P :P
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Fen-phen was an anti-obesity medication (an anorectic) which consisted of two drugs: fenfluramine and phentermine.

Weight loss pills drive me batty. Barbie has bought about every one in the book. We have a bag with about 10 bottles with only a few gone out of each.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

Gotchya....:)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Confused yet, Will? I know I am! How can anyone keep all this stuff straight :?
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

:D .......I think I got it, just had misconceptions about it, or maybe just bad info, probably due to the beginning of the name being phen.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

All the pills in your house for weight loss, just start a bonfire and destroy them if that's permissble by law, or find a way to get them recycled or incinerated, either by consulting a medic or a pharmacist, but don't put them down your sink or toilet, as you will pollute the local water course.

There is already evidence in middle and southern America, of people doing things like this with meds and it's affecting children, the eldery and other people, due to traces of things like, anti-depressants, thyroid meds etc etc, so getting rid of medicines or chemical and herbal supplements in a safe way, is a must.
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

I will have to make them disappear. Like to have the $$ that was spent on them....... :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a buyback option on unused meds :wink:

Nor is there a part exchange one either. Excuse me sir, but I don't need these 15 unused Hoodia pills, would you be willing to swap them for some low dose Vitamin C?

I'm sorry friend, but those are vitually no good to me, but seeing as I'm in a generous move, I'll trade them for one Zinc Pill. Best I can do I'm afraid :P
ironwill
VETERAN

Post by ironwill »

LOL.......would be nice. Trade them for some Glutamine perhaps, or Protein Powder...... :mrgreen: Guess I'm afraid she'll refill that shelf with more. At least if she see's them all up there, she might realize they didn't get her what she wanted, and it's a waste of $$. :roll: