New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by Bonnie »

Love me some antioxidants ;) Keep those excess oxygen molecules from becoming an issue..not sure if skin can get any softer, nurse the other day said its like baby skin, she was shocked when I told her entire body is that soft, benefit of fitness.

Todays Workout

Semi supinated pull ups
1 x 8/5 left side
1 x 7/5 Right side
with
Step ups
1 x 8 x 95...1 x 6 x 100...x 4 x 105

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 115...x 5 x 135...x 4 x 145
with
One arm rows
1 x 8 x 35...x 6 x 40...x 4 x 45

Bench press
1 x 8 x 85...x 5 x 85...x 2 x 90

Standing shoulder press
1 x 8 x 22.5
2 x 5 x 25

Seated hamstring curl
1 x 8 x 45...x 8 x 65...x 6 x 75

Plank
2 x 1 min
Side plank
2 x 1 min
2 x 30 sec ( chased out, seniors hour, sigh )

Ha that in the cage bench press works well, just enough room to wiggle under the bar after it drops ! found the newer bars are easier to hang onto during dead lifts vs the old rough ones.Was getting some serious callous issues or raw feeling hands, grip is adapting well though to the increasing weight.The only part I worry about is the fact I have had surgery for that femoral hernia & picking that up from the floor... up 35 lbs over own weight,holding well so far.The step ups were raised due to being tired of running around for plates, well that & I knew I could do more.The rows will be increased next week, though I will do them by the rack, instead of dragging them across the gym.Had a dance with the string mop & 1100 sq ft afterwards, then ran across town for oats. The dip belt,which does fit, I just didn't know how to wear it, though not sure what hips they want it to " hang " off of ?.Hope everyone had a great day :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

:D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

HIIT elliptical resistance level 11
20 mins 30 sec/90 sec...11.4 to 12 mph...3.6 mph
10 mins on treadmill @ 5.7 mph
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Bonnie wrote:HIIT elliptical resistance level 11
:shock: The one I use must have a different system for the levels - I don't think it goes to 11. I could be wrong, since the highest I have ever actually tried was 6!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

This one is a life cycle I think ? Goes to level 15 to knowledge, just wish it had incline option.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

That's hardcore Bonnie. I love reading your workouts!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays Workout

Weight 110

I got on the scale & seen a nine & thought HUH how could i weigh 119 so fast, it was flickering between 109.9 / 110.Lost 1.1 lbs.

Chin ups with belt
1 x 8 x 2.5
1 x 7 x 5....1 x 6 x 5
with
Wide stance squats
1 x 8 x 100....x 6 x 120...x 5 x 125

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 110 ( misread book, should of been 115 )
1 x 5 x 135....x 3 x 140

Seated row
1 x 8 x 75....x 6 x 85...x 4 x 95

Incline BB press
1 x 8 x 60....x 6 x 65...x 4 x 70

Arnold press on bosu
1 x 8 x 20....x 6 x 22.5....x 4 x 25

Hanging knee raise with oblique twist
3 x 10

Plank
2 x 1 minute

Side plank
1 x 1 min per side

Reverse crunch
3 x 10

Not sure what happen to the dead lifts today, down by 5 lbs.I tried 2 x to lift 145, came off the ground one inch & no further :shock: Might be a " monday " mental thing, I've been trying to feel part of the day, since this morning but its one of THOSE days.Where you just wander along, doing your thing.Wishing you could just be sitting zoning out in front of the t.v. instead.Used dip belt for the first time, loved it, now I'm all hyped up to see how much I can lift ! :) Hope everyone had a great day.

Ps..I used the squat cage/safety bars for the incline press, works great, look forward to jacking those weights up soon.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

HIIT elliptical resistance level 11

20 mins ...1 min / 2 min...8.1 - 8.7 mph...3.6 mph
10 mins SS on treadmill @ 5.7 mph

That was a nut up or shut up workout, literally kicked butt.The short intervals are fun, but these ones make you work.

Also included some core work....2 x 8 x 5 sec hold..superman on the ball
Balancing with knees only on swiss ball..maybe 10 seconds thus far x 3
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Bonnie wrote:That was a nut up or shut up workout, literally kicked butt.
LOL! That is hilarious - I really needed a good laugh today :lol:
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Heard that line in a movie last night, stuck with me ;) Well gosh seems that resistance level has garnered some upper right back discomfort, like muscles are in a knot, using the heating pad.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

It wasn't the elliptical, it was the window washing at work on Monday..

Todays Workout

Pull ups
3 x 5
with
Squat jumps
3 x 12

Clean n press with BB
3 x 8 x 25
with
Side box jumps
3 x 12

Push ups with box
3 x 10
with
Box jumps
3 x 12

Burpee
3 x 10
with
Drop lunges with front raise
1 x 12 x 8
2 x 10 x 10

High to low wood chops on bosu
3 x 10

Dbl leg drop with reverse curl
3 x 10

Finally abdominals are strong enough to do those leg drops correctly, without the back arching etc.I do a lot of overhead wiping at work, so it has affected shoulder injury.I actually really DON'T have to work so hard, but I'd rather bust butt than be bored for 2 hours.I strive with these plyo's to be able to jump sideways over the low bench at the gym.Strange as kids we can jump over anything, now can barely clear the ground.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Today is off day, from work & gym.Found some already nutrition calculated recipes in fit tracker black beans and rice...Italiano pasta ...ginger garlic beef..that I will pick up ingredients for & some freezer dishes.Have a great day everyone ! :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I bought a size 2 jeans last week & they fit everywhere EXCEPT for the glut area, where they actually make a " roll ". I've known there is a bit of extra pudge there for months now & its one of the reasons why I do so much work on them, lunges, step ups, squats,dead lifts.They are in better shape than a few months ago, but not where they need to be.So I am cutting out the eating after dinner & replacing it with a shake.I'm also going to make 2 trips to the gym daily, weights/intervals in the morning & treadmill at night.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

The Italiano pasta is a keeper, despite a couple of cooking errors.Was nice to eat something besides steak.Kept salad in there though.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:size 2 jeans
Bonnie wrote:pudge
these two words can not exist in the same sentence. :wink:
okay....first of all Bonnie, you are in a size 2 jeans, SIZE 2!!! You have worked your a$$ off (literally) in the last year and weigh less than 112 lbs. Your progress pics are amazing. I do not see any "pudge" in your glutes. The pic of you doing the pullups - gosh, girl you are TINY! You work out more consistantly and progressively than anyone I know on this site, or in life in general.
Now...I got that out of system. :D I think you are too hard on yourself. I know you have a certain look you are going for, but I just wanted to say that if you never lost another lb. or inch. you would still look amazing.
Your current daily workouts are thorough and perfectly balanced right now. Your food is faultless and honed to a fine art. I wouldn't change a thing. Just saying. :mrgreen: You rock girl.