New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by fitoverforty »

I like the DB Bulgarian Split Squat! That looks awesome.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

In general, most Barbell variations of a Dumbbell exercise, can use a little more. I.E. Bicep Curls with 20 kg's, versus E-Z Bar Curls with 45 kg's.

Logically you'd expect to use 2x the weight, on a Bar based variation, but you can go a tad higher. This however must be minded when you switch from a Barbell to a Dumbbell varient, as splitting the weight 50/50, would almost certainly result in holding a bit too much with each hand.

The main reason in opinion, for Bar based stuff to be good for slightly more than 2x the weight on Dumbbells, is the weight used can be distributed to some extent, onto the part of the bar on the medial sides of your grip.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

Why not? Want vs. need - some just may prefer using the Smith for reasons already stated.
fine, but you're not getting as an effective workout, no where near it

and sometimes you just need to just do what you actually NEED to do, not want to do
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

So here is business website address which should be figured out within the next week or so..this will be where you can reach me.

http://www.youtimepersonaltraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Bonnie wrote:So here is business website address which should be figured out within the next week or so..this will be where you can reach me.

http://www.youtimepersonaltraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good luck Bonnie~! You have much to be proud of.
swanso5 wrote:fine, but you're not getting as an effective workout, no where near it

and sometimes you just need to just do what you actually NEED to do, not want to do
Troy <sigh>- if someone is doing both, or even just one - regardless of want or need - isn't it better than nothing? Not everyone has the same goals or needs for that matter....you need to allow for the human condition, some flexibility, some gray area for those of us that are less than perfect. Encouragement vs debating what is right or wrong (and we know experts have changed many opinions over the years) is key to forward movement and eventual success. I've yet to see evidence that you practice what you preach. Give others credit for they they DO do.....
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

sigh
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm saying nothing. I'd sigh but that's already been done, so i'm just about good for a hey ho! :wink:

In fairness people will have differing views on right and wrong and sometimes common ground prevails, but realistically everybodies body is different and some people respond differently to different things, so any expert or guru, (nobody on here inferred), who thinks they've cracked the secret to training anyone and everyone is half awake to the reality.

That reality being that evolution is not ready to relinquish all it's secrets just yet, not even to people called Weider and using all the Ab Wheels, Thigh Masters, Pavelators and books you like, won't teach anyone all the ultimate secrets, to training every conceivable body.

So sometimes there are good solid do's and dont's to be observed, but a little flexibiltiy of mindset is important too, because only by people finding what works for them, can someone continue to progress or at least want to continue :).
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

I've yet to see evidence that you practice what you preach.
you're right i just make this all up
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Lu, Swanso used to keep a journal, so you may find recorded evidence of him doing things he espouses, though even he probably doesn't do some things, or he'd be doing 4 hour+ workouts, 5 days a week, with 40+ exercises in them, to prove he never espouses any exercise, movement or training frequency to people, he'd never use himself.

By now he'd potentially be riddled with musculoskeletal problems and / or just too burnt out to get up in the morning, probably because his CNS and PNS would be fried worse than a KFC meal. Assuming of course his excessive training hadn't literally killed him.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Boss Man wrote:Lu, Swanso used to keep a journal, so you may find recorded evidence of him doing things he espouses, though even he probably doesn't do some things, or he'd be doing 4 hour+ workouts, 5 days a week, with 40+ exercises in them, to prove he never espouses any exercise, movement or training frequency to people, he'd never use himself.

By now he'd potentially be riddled with musculoskeletal problems and / or just too burnt out to get up in the morning, probably because his CNS and PNS would be fried worse than a KFC meal. Assuming of course his excessive training hadn't literally killed him.
last comment on this subject as I'm not really tying to be difficult, but the opposite - I feel sometimes people are too quick to judge, that while this site is here for like minded folks to meet, reach out to each other for advice, encouragement and support - that we are all different and like you said Boss Man, what works for some may not work for others. Some based on their own experiences and training are too black and white and bring down others who are truly trying, albeit not in (their) minds trying hard enough (who's to say ?) Bonnie posts darn good workouts and has shown TONS of progress - surely evidence that she practices what she preaches.... she'll get there in her own way, it's her career. Surely Swanso is not making it up, he's credentialed and trains folks every day, but what one says and what one does are not always the same....he had a journal for a short time and I see only 1 photo a couple of years old........ just saying ;)