New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:Well, not sure of popping sounds but I just found out the cracking sound is from the patella ( knee cap ) not tracking properly.
That sounds right.
Bonnie wrote:Apparently all the leg/glut work I've been doing has taken care of the knee issues. ....I attribute it to the increase in volume of leg work.Doctor says I solved own issue, does this mean I can have his pay check ?..:D
hahaha! you probably know just about if not more than alot of doctors about the physics of the human body and how it works.
I would think that the recent added work you've done for your legs/gluts has increased the strength and size of the muscles surrounding the knee cap, stabilizing it better and therefore eliminating the stress/pain from before. I am hoping to do the same, in a smaller fashion than yourself, but nonetheless hopefully strengthen those stabilizing muscles.
This has probably been asked before..but will doing BW lunges and squats help to strengthen the muscles for kneecap stabilizaton, or weighted ones only?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Well as with most things if a muscle is weak, start with body weight & work your way up to weighted ones. I actually am not familiar with injury recovery & there are a lot of tendons, ligaments etc in that area. I just got lucky, though it has made me think I should figure out how to rehabilitate knee injuries, because I'm sure a good percentage of people have them.

What I did was to ignore the pain & keep going. Don't think that is what they usually recommend, though that is how muscle was built so....the acute pain only lasted during the exercise. The soreness an hour or so after completion of the sets.Like the doctor said there is a line where it becomes counter productive, he said I must of found it. Alternatively I thought of dropping the active part of the lunge & do stationary lunges/split squats. That would be a suitable modification.Alas legs are becoming amazingly strong, sometimes I catch reflection in a store window & think, is that me..wonder if that ever goes away ?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

Doctor says I solved own issue, does this mean I can have his pay check ?
i'll have some
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Oh right the designer of the program, we will split it 50/50 :)

Though without asking you how to gluts, I'd of had jack squat for leg muscle. I seriously can't believe the muscle I've packed on, total of 1 inch on legs & 1 inch on hips. Though I've doubled the volume of deads, squats & single leg work. Guess the split be more your sided say 70/30.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i'll take that
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Sure of course its provided he'd give it up, which sigh we both know he won't ;)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

warm up, foam rolling etc..

BB hip thrusts
8 x 8 x 135

Sumo Dead lifts
6 x 8 x 105

DB pullovers
3 x 8 x 30
with
DB Step ups
3 x 8 x 22.5

Lateral shoulder raises
3 x 6 x 12.5
with
Incline DB chest press
3 x 8 x 25

Pallof press
3 x 8 x 19.5
with
One arm DB row
3 x 8 x 30
with
Hanging pikes
3 x 8

For anyone who tries this workout, it is NOT a 45 minute workout. I get under that Barbell at 7:30 am & the workout lasts until 9 am. I don't take breaks, so none of that time is spent standing around. HR is always up, so fat loss is continuous, can see almost all of six pack now :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Trust me, since Swanso got his own PT business and website, it's only a matter of time before he gets his own Cable TV show and DVD collection.

Such titles include, Pimp Abs, Pimp Legs, Pimp Chest and Pimp Butt or some such thing :wink:

Oh yeah and he can have those on me, no royalties necessary :P.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Hahaha :) Yeah think its screwing with head trying to set up website. Just ordered some business cards. Not to easy to set up a business, so if his is thriving that's fantastic :) Today was an off day, rest feels good. Went to whole foods had little treat of 12 cashews & 8 chocolate drops 74 % one process..YUMMY. Let son try one of the chocolates. Tomorrow is squatting day ! YES favorite day of the week.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:Hanging pikes
Do you lift your legs (keeping legs straight) up all the way to the bar you are hanging from, is that considered a full pike?
I found a variation of it called "hanging pike wipers" - thought you might like it. :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

fitoverforty wrote:found a variation of it called "hanging pike wipers" - thought you might like it. :)
sorry...forgot to put the link. :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQRof4Rtz24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

No, mine you can find on BB.com..about 90 degree leg lift, though I'm finding them to easy so I might take it to that level or add weights. Thanks for the clip :)

Todays Workout

warm up, foam rolling etc..

BB hip thrusts
8 x 8 x 135

Box squats
6 x 8 x 90

Pull ups
6/4/4
with
DB reverse lunge with one leg dead lift
3 x 6 x 20

Roll outs
5/5/5
with
Single arm shoulder press
3 x 6 x 22.5
with
Incline cable rotation
3 x 8 x 17.5

Seated row
3 x 8 x 70

Skipped chest today, didn't feel like dragging DB's out. Forgot about push ups ? Oh well. The whole time I am doing hip thrusts on Friday I worry the squat rack won't be free when I'm done. So on set 7 I run over there like a kid to their favorite amusement park ride, to set up the cage & lay claim to it. I hope I never lose that enthusiasm for weights. Almost 2 years on here next month, still loving it :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

fitoverforty wrote: "hanging pike wipers"
Sounds like something you'd use to clean dirty fish, before cooking them.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Bonnie wrote:The whole time I am doing hip thrusts on Friday I worry the squat rack won't be free when I'm done. So on set 7 I run over there like a kid to their favorite amusement park ride, to set up the cage & lay claim to it.
Squat rack as in Smith Machine?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Nope its a free bar in a rack :)