New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Sat & Sun r off days, in about one month, the gym will be open on weekends, then will squeeze in another HIIT.I did however manage to eat almost 1500 calories today, no easy task, lol & feel as though I might blow up :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You might be wise to eat 1,800. Just because it's an average amount for sedentary women. Which on non-workout days would be fine.

If you're eating 6 meals a day, it's 300 calories so not too bad, especially as you could eat 400 at Breakfast, when Metabolism is highest, then just 200 last meal.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yep, I'm building way up, think earlier this week I was barely squeaking above 1000 a day, then I went shopping, with magnifying glass in hand to check the contents of everything :D still working on a base foundation of foods to use, the daily tracker helping me make adjustments of what I'm low or high in.Yes I can probably bump breaky up, thanks.So for 1800 calories what would the protein, fat & carb percentages be ? Thanks for the reply btw also :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

DB press w ball
2x12x25lbs
paired with
Seated Row
1x12x70lbs
1x12x80lbs

DB Military press
2x10x20lbs
paired with
Close grip pulldowns (palms facing each other)
1x12x70lbs
1x12x80lbs

Squats
1x10x95lbs
1x8x95lbs

DL
2x10x95lbs

RDL
1x10x65lbs
1x10x70lbs

Woodchoppers
2x12x10lbs (medicine ball)

Hanging knee raises
2x10

Ball crunchs
2x12x10lbs

Planks (front, sides)
2x30secs

On the squats, I found I was not getting the depth I was in the first set, duno If maybe I need to put the weight down to make sure they r quality squats ? Or is eight acceptable ? Also, about one year ago, I had femoral hernia repair surgery, can anyone tell me If I need take any precautions ? I do try & make sure form is good.Btw ladies I read your journals about planks ! So I gave them a try today also...30 seconds felt more like 30 mins :shock: Have a good day everyone.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

do them first when your fresh i suggest

www.uponlinetraining.com
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

HIIT elliptical

Duno if its the heat wave or the fact legs r still tired from squats, but todays HIIT seemed to last for eternity.Have a good day people.One more note, cos one day I'll want to recall this fact, today is first day since I started to train,(16 months ago) that I didnt feel that arm fat, shadowing me on the elliptical trainer !
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays Workout

DB Incline press
1x12x25lbs
1x12x30lbs

alternating with

Reverse Flys DB
2x12x15lbs

DB Pullovers
1x12x25lbs
1x12x30lbs

alternating with

Lat Raises (side)
1x12x12lbs
1x12x15lbs

Front DB Squats
1x12x35lbs
1x12x40lbs

DL
1x12x95lbs
1x12x100lbs

RDL
1x12x70lbs
1x12x75lbs

Russian twists
2x12x25lbs

Decline leg raises
1x12
1x10

Crunch
2x12x10lb medicine ball

Planks (front & sides)
2x30secs

I pushed myself to do triple digit DL..it is first time..as I do first set of any weights, in the back of mind is " I can do more " so I'm hoping they continue to increase, as for those planks.. about 20 count, instead of " 21 and 22 and 23 " mind skips to 21,22,23 pls let 30 come :D They look so easy but not so when you do them, evident by shaking arms :shock: Have a great day people :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Sounds like you had a great workout! Alot of the abbreviation for the exercises I don't understand yet :oops: ( fault, still learning) but whatever the heck you were doing, it looks like you were kickin' butt!

could you tell me what are:
DL
RDL

Yes, 2 new favorite exercises are Bulgarian squats and Planks.

Now I need to find a demonstration of "Russian Twists"
I figure if the Bulgarians are that tough, then any Russian exercises must be killer too!!

Great job Bonnie!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

DL is deadlift & RDL is romanian deadlift, russian twists r done on a swiss ball, prob find demonstration easily :) So now weve the romanians, the bulagarians & the russians ?..lmao.. Like Lu, I look forward to readin what u type, u have a way of puttin a smile on ones face, bless u for that & take care.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Wow thanks, learned alot from watchin that, need to check form next time I do them :shock: Make sure shoulders r right, though why would anyone call a ball a " box turtle " ? lol..what country u from ?..though I love chocolate turtles..Had cheat food for this month today...feeling a wee bit ill now, just like last time, sigh, taste always wins over common sense :( Laters :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

HIIT elliptical 20mins

Hmm today seemed a bit to easy ?.. Think I need switch from 30 sec spike & 1 min down, to 45 sec up & 45 sec down.Though was dreading doing it all the way on the walk to the gym, because of the heat wave & the fact those weights tire legs, but I guess they were recovered more than I thought ? ! Well that & I saw a woman sweating away on a trainer beside me & thought.. I' ll be finished soon & she will still be doing steady state, for who knows how long, while body burns fat, without any effort at all.I think the hardest part of switching to HIIT is believing, that you dont NEED to sweat away doing endless cardio.I get bored on those machines so works out well for me personally.Lesplease r u saying u do russians twists with live turtles ?? As entertaining as the idea is, turtles rnt very good conversationalists eh, dont they snap to ?..bunny scratchs or snapping turtles, which is better ? :D Thanks for explaining that to me though, tomorrow is the famous bulgarian squats day ;) have a good day everyone
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays Workout

Lat Pulldowns
1x10x70lbs
2x10x80lbs

alternating with

Full pushups
3x10

Bent over row
3x10x20lbs

alternating with

Push Press
1x7x45lb
2x10x15lbs (BB)

Bulgarian Squats
1x10x45lbs
1x10x20lbs (DB)
1x10x15lbs (DB)

Deadlift
1x10@95lbs
2x10@100lbs

Romanian DL
1x10@65lbs
2x10@75lbs

Windshieldwipers
2x12

Barbell Rollouts
2x12

Standing preacher ball curl
1x10x17.5lbs
2x10x22.5lbs

Planks

2x30secs (Front & sides)

Well Im not sure how this works, I thought about being depressed but have concluded its not worth the effort ;) I seem to have lost a 1/2 " in hips & arms & thigh...gained 1/2 " on waist & 1 " on calves & gained 2.75lbs :shock: lat pulldowns have become sloppy so back down on the weight with them after today, I find im leaning back instead of sitting upright.Those bulgarian torture squats r easier to hop out to starting postion with DB rather than a bar, also I find I use better form with DB..lol form, I look like someone learning to surf, almost toppled over once today & right glute feels as though someone punched it.Overall after 2 weeks only of this wholebody workout I still know Ill never return to split days.As for diet, I keep a daily tracker mostly ;) I've read to much fruit is not so benefical, so will opt for more raw veggies in the afternoon & try & cut more fat from diet, have a great day everyone & happy fitness trails to u all :D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Someone put a holiday on gym day ?!!!!!!! ( British Columbia Day)How rude, so todays workout is postponed to tomorrow, etc .Have a great day everyone :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

There's always body weight workout?? You can do them at home! :wink:
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Hmm quite right, though is to hot to breathe in house at the moment..lol I'm not making excuses, entire weeks workouts will be completed, only a day later in starting, thanks for the advice though :D Ok I snuck a run in tonite & it was easier than before, has been at least 2 weeks since ive ran anywhere, so that was a pleasant surprise.