New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by Bonnie »

Boss how come this site, has me at 1.4 g of protein, per lb of body weight ? Also people I'm guilty of something. I've not really been paying attention to fat intake, which I will be correcting, I used to take salmon pills then stopped & dropped the ball so to speak. There is a lady at gym who uses oil kept in a fridge made from " small " fish. She was told because it was small fish, it would have less mercury ?..any truth to that ? Think I will buy myself an avocado tomorrow.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Small Fish could theoretically store less heavy metals in their flesh, but with Fish it depends on the overall amount of mm/hg, I can't tell you exact levels of metals in Fish and also the body can chelate metals using things like Tryptophan and Vit C, so consuming less than someone else, doesn't mean you'll get a lesser effect, if they have a diet that promotes much greater chelation.

Alternatively there's other options to Fish Oil, like Cod liver Oil and Krill Oil.

As for thr protein ratio, that must be right mustn't it?

You're 112lbs so that means you'd be eating 157g a day approximately.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Is it .8 to 1.8 per lb or kg ? if its kg, I should be at 90, I weighed in at 50 kg now.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_(nutrient" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)#Aerobic_exercise_protein_needs

I actually aim for 20 grams per meal, shake is 23 g.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yes thanks :)

Hmm though at 50 kg that would mean tops 60 g of protein per day for me, think I'm currently taking in about 120..which is double whats necessary.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I could save a LOT of money buy cutting that protein back, however I'd be reluctant to screw with a good thing. I have been eating this much protein for 1.5 years now. Does your body get used to a certain amount ? Would it react negatively to a cut back ?

Todays Workout

High rep glut workout

Treadmill..incline level 3...10 minutes @ 5 mph....incline level 4 ..10 minutes @ 5 mph

I was frustrated watching saturdays trainer, leading his group of women around the gym today. Basically his courses are nothing but flirt time etc. They are the same women from a year ago, still overweight, nothing has changed. Does he feel no shame, no responsibility for their actual health ? Just collect the money, sad.

Oh & to top matters off, he was showing them one zillion ways to work their arms...as if ANYONE needs that.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

You know, it's the same thing with the trainers here. I see the same people doing the same exact thing for one year with no results whatsoever, or barely any.Which is one reason why im so hesitant to have a trainer, esp women! gym is honestly very racist, they only hire certain nationality.

It's really the individual who really does the work anyway, not the trainer. The trains aids a bit, but not allow for the transofmation. I wish I had a trainer who would give me tips on what to eat, or eat less, what kind of routine would be good for me, etc, someone to SPOT me. Otherwise, im motivated on own, just need that etxra push to see those extra results.

And men know one of the things women want is to have "lean arms." I keep telling people they're wasting their time with biceps curls and tricep ext. Seriously, sad. This trainer seems to be working on their weak spots and taking advantage of them.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Well the things you mention, spotting, motivation, some nutrition help, program design ARE what a trainer SHOULD be doing...every trainer at this gym is overweight, that in itself speaks volumes..yeah yeah I've heard it before on here " just because a trainer is overweight doesnt mean they cant teach " maybe not, but if they can't motivate their own lazy butt, how will they for their clients. Id never trust an overweight trainer.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Oh I just said something similar today myself on twitter, lol!

I wouldn't trust a medical professional ( who specializes with obesity..etc.) and nutrition...etc who's obese him/herself. I would if I saw the person actually do something about it and have changed overtime.

Here, trainers don't do squats. I swear to GOD..the trainers in Fitnessfirst in the gym I go to, almost EVERY client follows the same exact routine. Only few don't. So I am hesitant to even hire one if I ever can afford one.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Seems you have the same boring trainers as these city gyms have. Just recently the city voted to limit the access of outside trainers. As in NO access, works out well for the overweight unmotivated trainers, job security. However it means the clients are stuck with these trainers. You need to google trainers in your area to find innovative ones.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Unfortunately I think there is no-outsider trainer rules in FF (such a commercialized gym). I would love to get a trainer, I feel they're more likely to understand what I want to build muslce mass means, but cannot do that for religious/cultural (both) reasons. Blehh. I am not not in a hurry to get one at the oment ,but the trainer who teaches us the MMA classes is usually very tough and doesn't give is a slack & I am seeing results, more like fitness-wise vs body wise.

I think what I really need is a nutitionist more than a PT as I think I am doing fine exercise-wise, but not so much diet-wise. I am pretty much at a maintanence level really, just need to know what to tweak ( and how much) and all that stuff I have yet to understand & make it known to myself as well as I know name.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

45g Protein is the RNI for women, but that's sedentary people.

For you if you're working on a ratio of around 1.0-1.2g per lb bodyweight, you'll be fine, as you fall into that category anyway, with your current intake of 120g.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Oh okay, well I'm far from sedentary :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Off day today, had the housework all done by 11 am. Been eating non stop it feels like for the last 12 hours.Found myself nodding off last week in the afternoon, partly due to boredom & nasty rainy weather, partly due to those sinus infections maybe ? Looking forward to trying to increase weights this week.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays Workout

weight 111.4

Mini side steps
2 x 20
Prone single leg hip extensions
2 x 20

BB Hip thrusts
4 x 5 x 115 lb
4 x 5 x 125 lb

Regular Dead Lifts
1 x 3 x 130
8 x 3 x 135

Tried doing the treadmill, 2 minutes in legs decided they weren't having any of this running crap today.