New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:Those hemp seeds are expensive, what would a person do with hemp or flax seeds anyway ?
use them in a smoothie, or "green drink".
here some recipes I found while researching "green drink" that have those ingredients in them :D :
http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/green-s ... ipe-2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
also: http://www.mytrainerbob.com/blog-posts/ ... reen-drink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
with the exception of trainer bob's recipe, most of those look pretty easy to make and not too terribly expensive.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Hopped on the scale this morning to make sure I wasn't losing weight, read 112, which is up from 110.9...though I lost another 1/2 inch in the top of the hip ( illacus ), seems to be attacking that ab fat with a fury :shock: I have noticed the glut fold shrinking & face is lifting somewhat with each week, probably due to face muscles with increased dead lift weights :)

Todays Workout

Pull ups with belt & plate
2 x 5 x 5... x 4 x 5
with
Step ups...8 "
1 x 8 x 115... x 6 x 135...x 4 x 155

Bench press in cage
1 x 8 x 85...x 5 x 90...x 3 x 95

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 125...x 6 x 145....x 3 x 155 ( highest yet )

One arm row
1 x 8 x 40...x 6 x 40...x4 x 45

Standing shoulder press
1 x 8 x 25...x 3 x 30 ...x 4 x 30

Hanging leg raise
3 x 10

Side planks
2 x 1 minute

One whole week of double workouts, starting on the second.I see huge progress in the mirror but not so measurable with a tape ?..picked up a pretty yellow pepper & ground turkey, will be the Italiano pasta from shapefit recipe page for dinner, try that kamut pasta out :D The body is a wee bit sore, thats how you can tell dead lifts work the WHOLE body ;) Well that & Friday is 1100 sq ft waltz with matilda ( the mop ) at work.Just finished stuffing face, will take a break then head out for cardio, might use the hot tub at the pool today ? Hope everyone had a great day.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Treadmill 20 minutes steady state incline 1...5.7 mph
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

HIIT elliptical
30/90 second split...20 minutes
Treadmill steady state 20 minutes incline 1 ...5.7 for 5 minutes...5.5 mph for 15 minute

That was hard, visited a different gym because mine is always busy on Saturdays.Forgot how many blocks this one was from the bus stop, to far for liking.Machines are never the same, it was life cycle but with a smaller pedal distance, I find those harder.As I've mentioned on cardiovascular days I reduce grains, though after todays energy level, I may need more.Its hard to tell really, it was a combination of sore legs & running out of energy, about 10 minutes in to the treadmill, it was all I could do to finish.Tomorrow is rest day ..YAY !
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Weight 112

Todays Workout

Chin ups w belt
1 x 4 x 12.5...x 5 x 12.5...x 4 x 12.5
with
Back wide stance Squats ( width of the cage )
1 x 8 x 100....x 6 x 110...x 4 x 115

Incline BB bench press
1 x 6 x 70...x 4 x 75...x 4 x 75

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 125...x 6 x 145..x 1 x 165 ?..Oops...x 4 x 155

Seated row semi supinated
1 x 7 x 80....x 7 x 80...x 5 x 80

Arnold press on bosu
1 x 8 x 22.5....x 1 x 30...x 6 x 25...x 4 x 25

Dbl leg drop with reverse curl
3 x 10

Side plank with cable row
3 x 10 x 45

I finally have to do something regarding this " rotated pelvis " on the left side.One of evaluators spotted it & last instructor said that is most likely what it is.Even the bone is higher & more prominent.I know it is connected to the spinal/sciatic nerve issue that has been present since 1998.I dropped the weight on the squats because I need to make sure I'm coming down straight, so far I am not.Left side hits the chair first.I accidentally over loaded dead lift, nice to know I can lift 150 % from the floor, even if its only once :) Damn heavy :shock: Never thought I'd be HAPPY to gain weight, but alas I am.Mainly because I'm 100 % certain it is not fat.Currently losing fat in the " love handle " area.Going to try the creamy
vinagrette recipe from shapefit, 1 g of carbs, no fat & no sugar for 2 tbsp, vs kraft with carbs & sugar.Have a good day everyone :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

http://www.protonics.com/patient/RotatedPelvis.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously I had x rays, CT scan & an MRI for this & they couldn't see it ? A common problem it says, after having a doctor help addict me to morphine for 2 years for sciatic pain, femoral hernia surgery etc etc, no one could diagnosis this ? Pathetic.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Only Sales Professionals associated with Inverse Technology Corporation and Medical Professionals may register and gain access to our website's Professionals Only areas
Selfish beggers, not letting lay people have access to such information. There's not even a valid reason why not.

For those not in the know, Lordosis is inward curvature of the lower back and Scoliosis is Spinal tilt, usually up to a maximum of 10 degrees to the left or right.

There is another condition called Kyphosis, which is outward curvature of the upper back and you can get something called Schumanns or Schuermanns Kyphosis, which is often a temporary condition affecting teens, that might require a back brace.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Well i found another page, hopefully I can correct this, I give up relying on the medical profession, they do nothing but say " I don't know " or " here take this ".

Second workout
20 mins steady state incline 1..5.5 mph

Lady at the desk said " Are you back again ? " so I explained what i was doing.

Boss let me know if you think this page will help me correct issue.

http://www.endyourbackpainnow.com/blog/ ... c-tilt.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

HIIT elliptical resistance level 11 30/90 second split.
20 minutes treadmill...incline 1..5.5 mph

I would like to try some shorter sprints, on the other hand I also like to fill up the entire 20 minutes..can't imagine doing 30 seconds on 10 seconds off, for 20 minutes.I suppose one could rotate those in say every 5 minutes, between other intervals ?

30 sec/10 sec for 4 minutes = 6 intervals ...max intensity
1 minute/2 minute for 6 minutes = 3 intervals ...above 85 % intensity.
repeat.

This is what i will try next cardiovascular workout :)

Oh incidentally I left shoes with $ 400 inserts at the gym yesterday.Thankfully they were there this morning.This gapping of the mind is annoying.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I dont understand, 5 mins intervals, 1 minute walk, whats the four minutes ? More intervals after only 1 min ?

Was a guy this morning, did the one minute run thing, was afraid for his safety the entire minute :shock: Then he cools down with like hopping etc sideways ? Pshh show off.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

program looks good bonnie but get rid of the bosu, great way to lift no wt and do an ankle

why is it in there?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Thought it would be good for core, though your right, I tried with thirties the other day & literally fell off ? :) I will use it for the wood chops & core work & remove it from the weight section, thanks :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Allison thanks for the re post, but I think that would be to much intervals for me personally.Basically it looks to be 16 minutes of 20 sec on & 10 seconds off.I maybe could build up to that, or not, need to research how it feels :)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

myth

there's a difference between balance and core stability

a big difference

we have one at work that sits in the storeroom, that's how useful it is and even then it takes up room
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Okay now I'm a bit confused, I thought if you are doing balance work you ARE working your core ?..though yes I do realize there are also direct methods also.Any tips for a rotated pelvis while I have ya here ?..