New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by Bonnie »

Thank you lynn for all your words :) Not sure if you guys recall cassie's friend who also was trimming down for a competition, she also came across the glut problem.It is possible common when one is this low in body fat, to be uncomfortable with any area which still has well hanging fat.If you look at those pull up pictures, you can actually SEE the bit I refer to.I normally won't ever wear those pants due to feeling uncomfortable about that excessive glut fold.Don't get me wrong I'm very pleased with results thus far & do NOT want to lose any weight.I actually want to gain some, but only muscle.I'm not entirely sure I will replace vegetables & chicken at night with a shake either, to me replacing food with shakes, isn't really a " lifestyle " change.Bought some eggs also, may replace the morning shake ? Not sure yet.That pasta kept me full for 3 hrs last night ? !! Haven't had pasta for at least a year. Tonight is black beans & rice recipe, with mozzarella cheese...the secondary cardio will need wait till I receive bus pass in the mail, hopefully early next week.

Todays workout

Step up
1 x 8 x 100...x 6 x 105...x 4 x 110
with
Pull ups
1 x 5 x 5 lb...x 5 x 5 ...x 4 x 5

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 115.... x 5 x 135...x 3 x 145
with
One arm row
1 x 8 x 40....x 6 x 45....x 4 x 50

Bench BB press
1 x 5 x 90....2 x 4 x 90

Hanging leg raise
3 x 10

Standing shoulder press
1 x 7 x 25....2 x 5 x 25

Planks
2 x 1 min

Low to high WC
3 x 8 x 11/12 lb medicine ball
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

very first cooked beans of life, they were fantastic ! Made body work so hard, I almost had to remove one pair of socks...because of overheating :)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Bonnie wrote:Not sure if you guys recall cassie's friend who also was trimming down for a competition, she also came across the glut problem.It is possible common when one is this low in body fat, to be uncomfortable with any area which still has well hanging fat.
I have a friend who competes and when she saw the video footage from the competition last year she had the same issue with her butt. I didn't know she had any fat left on her body, but the little bit there is tough not to notice when the rest of you is completely ripped and dehydrated, and oiled up and everything ; ) Don't get me wrong, I think she made a few fans in the crowd that day, but it didn't effect her placement in the competition very well.

Size 2 though? Wow! And you could probably still pick someone like me up and throw me through a wall!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I don't have plans to compete any time soon, though be nice to wear a swimsuit this coming summer without the excess baggage ;) I love being strong, though lol...I've no intention of ever using it aggressively, unless I have to, self defense wise :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

HIIT elliptical resistance level 11
20 mins..30 sec/90 sec....14 mph...3.4 mph

I stopped there, I have yet another virus/bacteria in lungs & probably shouldn't of worked out.I hope I do not continue to have these monthly, its annoying.Got the report back from the housing people & the basement contains stachybotrys, then listed is Aspergillus sp/ Penicillium sp ...comments were heavy growth with some spores of Ulocladium sp & chaetomium sp...they removed that gyproc & sprayed the basement, however due to its location being directly by the furnace a person can't help but wonder if its been blown all through the house.Things to look into Monday.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

That just sounds nasty :shock: I hope it was completely taken care of!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Well, after a lot of reading, this toxic mold certainly could of caused ALL health issues, including a suppressed immune system, it has been in the basement for years.In fact I used to store the scooper for the litter box right in it, so was most likely spores on that as well.The symptoms from this even include the diffuse hair loss the entire family has.The air in this house needs to be tested, which I'm sure the housing people will balk at, due to cost, however with the results of what was in the basement in hands, they best not refuse.On another note, I replaced shake this morning with a vegetable rich omlete ,( some spelling error I see, but don't know the correction ) & within an hour I was heavily nauseated as I am EVERY time I eat an egg, so no more eggs for me.Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

ps..It was actually after watching the cat lose her hair, that I became suspicious.Then when I started losing mine, the hunt for answers began, unfortunately the cat passed away at the age of 4 from acute kidney failure.Litter box was 6 inches from that mold, for years.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

So as an example of WHY you don't weigh yourself during ' THAT ' week...I'm currently at 112..2 lbs of blah ;)

Chin ups w belt and plate
1 x 6 x 10 lb....2 x 5 x 10lb
with
WS squats
1 x 8 x 100...x 6 x 120...x 4 x 120 ( first ones need to be raised & perhaps the last ones next week )

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 115...x 5 x 135...x 4 x 145 ( hoping for 150 next week )

Incline BB press in cage
1 x 8 x 65.....x 6 x 75...x 4 x 80

Seated row
1 x 8 x 80.....x 5 x 85....x 3 x 95 ( used a different handle today )

Arnold press on bosu
1 x 8 x 22.5...x 6 x 22.5...x 4 x 25

Glut kickbacks with 5 second hold
3 x 8

Hanging leg raises
3 x 10

Low to high WC on bosu
3 x 8 x 11/12 lb medicine ball

Got some free bread from the manager of vegetable stand, pumpkin seed & ancient grain ( organic ) the grain one feels like it weighs 2 pounds..hope everyone is having a good day :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

If anyone ever has questions about body composition, send me a message.I will no longer discuss this topic in forums.As each time I do, I see " that is not for everyone " which when one sits at 10 % body fat is rather insulting.I may not be a nutritionist but by NOW do have a clue or two about getting rid of body fat.Some by trial and error & most thanks to the people here, who have shared their knowledge.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays Workout

HIIT elliptical resistance level 11

20 mins ...30 secs/90 secs...14 mph...3.4 mph
10 mins of SS treadmill level .5 incline @ 5.7 mph

Was afraid to do 1 minute intervals today, wasn't sure if lungs were clear, they are, nose is not, oh well.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

Semi supinated pull ups
Left side 1 x 8...1 x 6
Right side..1 x 6 ...1 x 5
with
Wide stance jump Squat
3 x 12

Clean and press
3 x 8 x 45 ( regular Olympic bar )
with
Side box jumps
3 x 15

Drop lunges
1 x 12...1 x 12 x 10 ..1 x 12
with
Two hand push ups with platform
1 x 8/7/7 ( like first ONE only was an actual push off the floor, rest were putting hands up one at a time, then back down, sigh )

Box jumps
3 x 12
with
Plank with row
1 x 8 x 12.5....2 x 12 x 12.5

Dbl leg drop with rev curl
3 x 10

Hanging knee/oblique twist
1 x 8..1 x 6

Took a decongestant last night, damn thing was still having an effect on me this morning.On side box jumps I actually managed to hop right over the platform, which I was to afraid to try last week.Did about 4 that way & then caught the side of foot & thought, okay enough of that missy, before I was on face.Sleepy most of the day due to cold medicine..
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Step ups
1 x 8 x 105....6 x 105...4 x 110
with
Pull ups with belt
1 x 5/4/4 with 5 lb plate

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 120...x 6 x 140...x 3 x 150

Bench press in cage
1 x 7 x 85...x 5 x 90...x 5 x 95

One arm row
1 x 8 x 40....x 5 x 40...x 4 x 45

Shoulder press
1 x 8 x 25....x 6 x 25....x 3 x 30

Side plank with row
1 x 12 x 30...2 x 12 x 45

Prone plank
3 x 1 min

Reverse curls
3 x 10

Had a hell of a time with those step ups today, all in head.I use a bench not a stepping platform, because I think that is too low...the bench is a 16 inch step, but now that I'm putting more plates on, I can't concentrate because I worry about the padding on the bench, the narrowness of it etc.I don't feel like dropping the extra plates, am on way back down to the gym for some treadmill after I eat, so will measure that platform to see how high it really is.Has been 5 hours since I worked out, hope its enough break in between, really can't see myself doing it at night, so not a night person.I was so annoyed about the step ups I managed to pull 150 lbs off the floor today, if thats what anger does, I' ll take it :) 15 more lbs & I ' ll be lifting 150 % of weight.Hope you all had a good day ..TGIF :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:Step ups
1 x 8 x 105....6 x 105...4 x 110
That's quite a leg workout!
Bonnie wrote:Bench press in cage
:?: what is that?

another workout later? you go girl. legs would be toast after those step ups. :shock: :D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Its just a squat rack cage. I use the safety bars, with a low bench, so I can use more weight & not worry about going to failure & have it crush me..

Treadmill
20 mins...6 mins @ 5.4 mph ..incline .5
14 mins 5.7 mph..incline .5

Yes I'll be visiting the gym 2 x a day now, to rid myself of those pesky butt cheek things.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays workout

HIIT elliptical resistance level 10

2 minute warm up...18 mins 1 min/2 min...87 rpm...45 rpm ( had to use an old machine ) & to top it off the saturday trainer books pretty much every cardio machine in the place for his clients warm up, so wrong. I'm just lucky one of the treadmill people didn't show up..

Treadmill 20 mins @ .5 incline..5.7 mph

Think I'll venture out to pick up some ingredients for a new recipe

Beef and black bean chili

Makes 9 servings

A can of this, and a can of that...

This is a snap to pull together with simple pantry ingredients. Use it to fill tortillas and bake as a casserole (see Chili Enchiladas below) or just serve from the pot with wedges of baked tortilla. If you prefer a fiery version, add a teaspoon or so chopped canned chipotle peppers.

Preparation: 5 minutes

Cooking: 40 minutes

Ingredients

1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean or Lean Ground Beef
1 large onion, diced
1 large sweet pepper, diced
2 to 3 tbsp (25 to 45 mL) chili powder
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomato sauce
1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen corn kernels
Directions

Cook beef, onion, sweet pepper, chili powder and cumin in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is thoroughly cooked and any liquid has evaporated.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and corn.
Cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional information per serving

Calories: 192
Protein: 16 g
Fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Carbohydrate: 24 g
Fibre: 6 g
Sodium: 573 mg
Excellent source of iron (26% DV) and zinc (33% DV)

I love these kind of meals & find them fast to eat at work vs 20 minutes of munching on vegetables, however for someone who manipulates their carbohydrates on certain days, some of the meals wouldn't work out very well.I only have this type of food once a day, rest of the time its all separated foods. legs are looking forward to a day off tomorrow.Hope you all have a good weekend :)