New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by Bonnie »

Oh & in case any of you think, she looks good why is she trying to lose more body fat ? She must be off her rocker..I've hit somewhat of a plateau where body won't release the last tiny bit of visible fat.So spending more time on the treadmill has now inspired me to STOP sneaking that 1/2 tsp here and there of son's chunky peanut butter OR a sliver every few days of other sons full fat cheddar.Suffice to say I'd settled into a funk of sorts.As a personal trainer I feel the NEED to know how to rid myself of this last body fat, in a healthy manner, while still keeping a balanced diet, albeit adjustments of whole grains according to weight days, cardiovascular days & off days, in thoughts is necessary, for me anyway :) Oh & the dislike for that treadmill has me eating raw vegetables darn near dip less as the fat in that is mostly saturated,sigh.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Oh gosh, that was the BEST thing I've eaten in 18 months, I will put the link for the recipe here because there are more on the heart & stroke foundation page.

http://www.heartandstroke.com/site/c.ik ... _chili.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I actually had 1 1/4 serving ( 1 1/4 C ) which made it more like 20 g protein..30 g of carbohydrate & 2.5 g of sat fat, I think ? Math is not best thing. Not sure whats with beans but they sit like a rock in your tummy.When I had that bean and rice dish from this site, I'd never felt so full.That entire pot of chili cost approximately $ 8. 00.I made 7 meals from it.Now have ginger & beef, Italiano pasta ( both from shapefit ) & chili in the freezer.I ate all the beans & rice ( shapefit ) already, might make it again with adzuki beans, not sure of the spelling.

http://www.knowingfood.com/nutri/adkinfo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Bonnie on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Bonnie wrote:Oh gosh, that was the BEST thing I've eaten in 18 months, I will put the link for the recipe here because there are more on the heart & stroke foundation page.
As long as I'm on learning to cook kick I may give this one a shot this weekend. :)
Athene
REGULAR

Recipe links

Post by Athene »

Thanks for the links!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Your welcome :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Just a heads up on that chili I'd stick to 2 tbsp of chili powder.Though body has basically been spice free for the last 18 months, had issues with cilantro even, not sure how I ended up on a bland diet, oh well, time to spice it up :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays food

shake with banana blended in & 1/3 c of cooked steel oats

2 oz chicken breast with
cauliflower
broccoli
red pepper
mushrooms
celery
carrots
1/3 c cooked steel cut oats
trace amount of dip

Salad
green lettuce
1/4 lrg tom
celery
cucumber
mushroom
2 tbsp dressing
1 slice oroweat flax bread

4 or so ounces of inside round
mushrooms
red peppers
1/3 c bulgur wheat
salad as above

chicken and vegetables as above minus the grain.

Wish I could report I had low energy but it was quite the opposite. I cleaned entire house, even behind & under the stove.I always thought that stove was heavy, its not.Though I almost lost last meal, when I seen what was going on back there :shock: I am thankful latest job is janitorial, makes doing own house easier.Next day off I probably will make sure I portion grains in 1/4 c sizes, these were done yesterday, for cardiovascular day not an off day.Tomorrow on weights day I will have one of " made " meals, like the chili & increase grain intake to 1/2 c per meal.Not sure how many liters those brita things are but i drink one of those daily.Bonus is I feel better being focused, not peanut butter slips or cheddar cheese the last 2 days :) I did however buy .03 of a kg, of real peanuts yesterday for a snack while I made salad.i had fruit today, because i really want to do this without excluding all pleasure, like fruit & grains.To me its the only way to ensure its followable in reality AFTER the body fat is gone.Looking forward to tomorrows workout ! Seems wrong to have this much energy at 47, its way more than 20's, then again I ate like crap or not at all in 20's ;)

p.s. by the time this is done, I think I won't need dip, barely even using a skiff on vegetables now, to me dairy is really not a necessity, calcium is in other things also.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Weigh in 110.9

Took some measurements directly before I went nuts on the workout & diet changes..
Illacus on feb 3rd..30 inch..today..29.5
ab at button..feb 3rd 27.5...today 27

Last time I weighed during a non water retention time, I was 110.. SO I'm taking that .9 as a muscle gain, finally.Anyone wanna argue it, we can arm wrestle for it eh :D

Todays Fabulous workout

Chin ups with belt and plate
1 x 7 x 10...2 x 5 x 10
with
Wide stance squats
1 x 8 x 110...x 6 x 120...x 4 x 125

Dead lifts
1 x 8 x 125....x 5 x 145...x 3 x 150

Incline chest press in cage
1 x 8 x 70...x 6 x 75...x 4 x 80

Seated row
1 x 7 x 80....x 6 x 80...x 4 x 85 ( found I was using proper form, dropped them down I.e. jerking at the end to bring it back )

Arnold press on bosu
1 x 8 x 22.5...x 6 x 25...x 4 x 25 ( 30's next time )

Hanging leg raise
2 x 10...1 x 8

Side planks
3 x 1 min

Back to gym for treadmill following a meal.Legs are starting to put up some fuss, between the dead lifts & extra cardio, oh well.I'm not sure how much time is needed between workouts or why ?( this topic was not covered in school ? ) I read 4 hours minimum.Gives me enough time to come home from work, eat & head back.Hope everyone had a good day :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:Illacus on feb 3rd..30 inch..today..29.5
the what? :?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Basically the illacus and Psoas make up most of the Hip area.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yeps, that bone at the top of the hip structure.The actual hip measurement is down at your butt cheeks,with feet together.Don't want to lose none there, they are only 32 inches.

Treadmill 20 minutes @ inline .5 ..5.7 mph

Almost put it up, but by 18 minutes I was wearing out, probably a good thing I didn't.Was going to cook the beans & rice tonight, left it to late, needed to eat.I used one of the pasta dishes out of the freezer,from previous cooking & salad.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Found an interesting article on HIIT ...though with curious mind, after reading about the intervals i thought..how do they make the rats run ? !!

http://www.youronlinefitness.com/fitnes ... aining.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Bonnie on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Hmm looks like the link was removed ?..Cats huh, suppose that would work.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I noticed in the article that in more than one place it mentions that you should do HIIT intervals 3 to 5 times a week, 20 minutes at a time. Only for the beginner does it mention only 2 to 4 times a week.
I get the basics of what it is saying - doing interval fast/slow will burn more fat than low intensity steady state workouts.
Bonnie, I noticed you have pretty much stopped doing the 20 minute steady state after the HIIT intervals, and have replaced it with only 10 minutes of SS. Is the steady state really necessary for the HIIT session? I have never read on any other HIIT workouts where steady state exercise is continued after the HIIT. just wonderin'
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I used to do the same length 30/90...1 min/2 min...BUT it started off with 3 intervals per session ( 6 mins..9 mins ), then increased by one each week to a total of 6 ( 12 mins...18 mins ).Then I would up the resistance.Those ones used to have the 20 mins of SS at the end, swanso gave those to me when I first started out.

Last few months I've been doing the same time in length, but i do the intervals for 20 minutes which I guess for the short ones would be 10 per session....or 6 for the longer ones.The steady state afterwards basically is helpful to reduce the lactic acid, so I only felt it necessary to do 10 mins, well that & I was tired.NOW I'm doing 20 minutes SS because I don't want to visit the gym 2 x a day on cardiovascular day :) I do plan to change intervals, maybe more along the line of the tabata stuff, but it says 4 minutes only ? Oh & lynn another article I read stated HIIT up to 5 x per week IF it was the only training you do.In other words, no weights. course said 2 x per week, Les also says it can be more so...not sure.

Todays Workout

20 minutes of intervals 30/90 seconds...15 mph...3.4 mph
Treadmill 20 mins SS incline .5...5.7 mph

I went to the gym one hour after eating..to find it was FREE time, were people hanging from the ceiling, walked right back out...went to appointment & errand. By the time I returned to the gym, it was 3 hours after I had last eaten.Now I read last week, that it is possible to use the gylcogen in the muscle up...then the fuel will switch over to fat, depending on the intensity.This is the theory of working out on an empty tummy anyway.I didn't really purposely do this, NOR would i ever recommend it.Those darn beans weren't fully cooked that i made this morning for the beans and rice, though I read its red kidney beans that are actually toxic when under cooked.I did experience some intestinal discomfort, but really not sure if it was the beans or because tummy had gone past the growling to feeling not hungry ? By the way LES if you stop by, miss science :) What makes that growling feeling & noise ?

The legs are painful, not to the point I need to take anything.I actually avoided buying tylenol, think if anything a hot bath would be a better alternative.Hope you all had a good day :)