C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Good news I'm now signed up for the challenge. Anyone else want to join? It goes to charity. :)

http://www.racesforawareness.com/50-miles-club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I'll be excited to see this grow thus year!

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I wish this site didn't cut off the pics :/
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i have a foot injury so i probably can't do the race for awareness challenge. But good luck with it! i'm sure that board will be filled before you know it! :clap:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The pictures are too big and the site can't deal with them realistically. There is a facility to alter that, but it's a bit fiddly and I don't want to mess with it.

The other option would be to scale down the pictures you take, using something like a free downloadable package like Serif Photoplus.

As for that wall of memorabilia growing, I have no doubt it will, as you ARE capable of doing that and making more more sporting marks and proving more ot yourself and having more reasons to be proud of yourself.

You're getting small but initial change to your body which I am proud of and you can be too.

Just keep believing, be strong and keep looking forwards not back :thumb:
Roby2015
STARTING OUT

Post by Roby2015 »

excellent on the 2 lbs down ! :thumb:
The last season (2014) of American Ninja Warriors had some women go farther than any woman has gone in the past - if they are talking about Kacy Catanzaro you're watching season 2014- Some really strong people (men and women!) on that program - very inspirational!

Roby
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i like that detroit runner girl for your race medals. cute!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I've been struggling in finding the time to keep a reregular workout routine. Been working so much overtime that I I'm left with a couple hrs before I go to bed and in exhausted to do anything. I hope that soon I won't have to do this so much once financial situation gets better and health can be priority. It's killing me. I hate this. February should be the start of pulling back on it let's hope it goes according to plan.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

On the positive at least it's winter time. Hopefully by spring you will be in a better financial situation and and ready to do some butt kicking for exercise. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You could still perhaps go for a 20 minute walk every day. I appreciate you may feel somewhat lethargic at the end of the day, but if you find that bit of time to be good to yourself, it will be so worth, it because you ARE worth it :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Quite proud of myseld. The last 2 weeks I have been able to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. I even got up to 19.38 miles out of the 50 mile challenge. I did short jogs mostly fast paced walks right now to get me started. Going to take time to get back in the game, I don't want to over do it like in the past. I have also started to bring in resistance training as well. Little steps to build me up. Bought a new scale and yeah, it's got me 6 pounds heavier than old one. Which puts me at 256. Great. So that's new starting point. I have been looking at so many pics of me when I was making headway to inspire myself. It's been helping. Been trying to think of what I was doing back then that helped get me on track. I will get there, slowly but surely.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Of course you CAN get there, because I believe you CAN do it.

GOOD LUCK
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope everything is going well this week Christina! WE can do it!! keep us updated! :sunshine:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I have been MIA for a very long time so here's the scoop.

I have been working overtime (imagine that! Work has been life). Also the demands for taking care of grandmother had increased. To top it off, problems with family had come up. aunt is having some health issues so now I'm helping to take care of 14yr old cousin here and there as well.

*Moment of realizing I have hit rock bottom with health*

So last week I'm at work and then boom, massive pain in lower back. Two hours later it doesn't get any better. That's when I knew I am finally done working like a maniac. Decided the following week I was no longer working all those hours. I had to drive to meet up with friend after work and have dinner ect. As I'm sitting there the pain just keeps getting worse. I go home go to bed wake up wanting to cry. I get out yoga video and force the stretch then went out and walked almost 9 miles. Helped a little. Then Monday came and I had to drive a total of 102 miles! To work, get cousin, drop him off at moms and go home. Another killer on back. So I kept up the yoga video and its slowly helping.

This morning I woke up realizing that tomorrow is first race of the year and totally forgot!!!! Obviously I have not trained at all!!! I paced apartment thinking should I even bother?????? I caught myself in the mirror and took a hard look at myself and hated what I saw. Hated how I let myself go. Doesn't matter what life has thrown at me, I chose to let this happen. I chose to give up on myself. I am at the worst shape of life. 260 pounds. I have never ever been this heavy in life. I went from 225 last yr to that! Typing this is making me cry. So then I walked to living room and stared at runners wall. All pics, and medals and in that moment I knew I couldn't pass up this race.

Three memories hit me. The warrior dash. I went into urgent care that morning with a horrible infection and was advised to stay home. But that point in life I was so fit and lost 4 dress sizes and worked so hard I needed to prove to myself I was capable of doing it. So I went and made that race bitch. lol Then there was the coco classic last February. The first race after foot injury. I had to prove to myself I could run again. Didn't matter how slow just the fact I could do it. Last but not least first half marathon. Yeah, bad moment of doing a half and proving doc wrong that I would surpass not only doing the mile he thought I never could do but a half marathon!

So what the happened???? Life, curve balls, mentality out the window. Then I thought about cousin. Hes 14 and has been through so much too. Especially at this point in his life I want him to see that there are ways to push through the hard times no matter how bad it gets, you can rise above it. Its just gonna take a hell of a lot of work to get there but the outcome is more than worth it. He doesn't know it yet, but hes going to the race with me. I'm going tomorrow!!!!! Not only to prove to myself that I still have what it takes to fight for myself, but to hopefully inspire cousin and show him that even when life tries to bring you down, you can still stand back up on your feet! I love him to pieces and I want the best life he can get and I will do anything in power to continue to show him what life has to offer.

mom said maybe I can take him on runs with me and get him started, maybe this race will be the introduction he needs and hopefully get myself a running buddy. :)

So heres to getting the old me back (feels like a broken record with all these years of saying this again and again) and hopefully inspire others along the way!

whelp, after writing all this I just realized, today was race day not tomorrow. I wont lie I am crushed, extremely crushed right now. For some reason I was thinking tomorrow was the 2nd not today. Fantastic. I have just officially missed first race. wow, what a quick flip of motivation to devastation.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Well yesterday I thought to myself well I could just still go for a jog to make up for the loss. I decided to go walk 14 miles!!! Yeap 14 miles!