C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by rockchick_82808 »

For those not following other blog here's current progress on this one. Image:)

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I did it!!! first 5k since the injury and sickness. It was 30 degree, we ran down steps, up hills and not once did I stop to walk. I just kept jogging. It was such a great feeling seeing myself pass people who stopped or walked. I just kept going. On way back to the car I gave basket of food to the homeless guy along the way. He looked up at me in shock and thanked me. If there's anything struggles have taught me, is that nothing in this world can keep u down. As long as ur willing to fight, u will get there. I was a cry baby on way home from the race. To think, months ago I was wearin a boot from the hospital, had to strengthen foot again. Not to mention fumbling on the treadmill bc it was weak and had to learn to balance on it again. I did 11 min miles. I will get back to the 7 min miles I did before all that crap took place. This is only the beginning, no more looking back!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

The city of detroit! :) Great job on the race chirstina! can't wait to see you reach all your goals and i'm sure you will do it. :thumb:
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

WELL DONE Christina, I am so proud of you misses. You are a truly amazing person.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank you guys!!!! Means a lot to have your support! Im excited for next race in may. Im on vcay right now. So far bf and i have been bike riding and hiked some sand dunes. The cold rainy weather has kinda affected our plans but we trying to work around it. Feels amazing to see how far i have with footqnd how i was able to acomplish the hike. Im getting closer to where i left off last yr. Its exciting.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope you are having fun!! I love that area. :)

rockchick_82808 wrote: Im getting closer to where i left off last yr. Its exciting.
:thumb:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Went out for a quick jog. Been pulling over time this week. 12 hr work days. Wake up at 430 am get home at 8pm. Had to cut the jog short since the park isn't really lit up. Felt good to push myself today. Image
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is that you did it instead of acting you you couldn't be bothered and not actually doing the jog, so that is a positive thing and it's that sort of mindset that will help you to succeed :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

***MILESTONE REACHED***

Please take a moment to read this. I hope this will inspire others to push themselves and overcome any obstacle that maybe impossible for you to reach.

As you all know I had injured foot last September and got sick and gained 30pounds. Well, I never mentioned the extent of foot and why I got so depressed and emotional about what took place. Quick flashback, I lost 4 dress sizes last yr and ran 6 miles for the first time in under an hr. Not to mention do the warrior dash when I never pictured being able to accomplish it. Then, comes the fall in livingroom and hospital visit. 1 wk later with follow up appointment with doc came the bad news. After the xrays I was told I may never be able to keep a steady run again. That I messed up foot and ankle so bad I would of been better off breaking it. I said but I wanted to do a half marathon at the end of 2014. He said that won't be possible. I went to car and cried so hard I couldn't see. I even had an anxiety attack. All that hard work, and it was taken away from me. I woke up every morning with big toe folded under foot and twisted. Took me a half hr every morning to get out of bed doing stretches. I told myself this can't be it. Every tendon was torn, and so were the muscles. I didn't tell anyone how bad it was bc I didn't want people to talk me out of overcoming this. I took the boot off way too soon. Even hit the gym and went on the treadmill to jog when I still had trouble walking, Catching myself on on the handles from falling bc bc I couldn't balance. I kept going. I kept trying. I worked too hard last year to be defeated. Even last month after sitting on the floor funny, big toe was folded again. It has gotten stronger. The extreme pain I had has faded. I may not be running that fast yet and can only do a steady paced jog, but it has taken a lot lot of work to get here. I'm not done yet. I won't let this get get the best of me. Doing that 5k this year really opened eyes that dream is still possible. I will do a half marathon, maybe not this yr, but I will get there. Today I even jogged 4.2 miles at the park after workout class! Burned Burned a total of 1,070 calories with the two combined. This girl Is a fighter and she's about to cause a K. O. to the impossible.

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Don't count out that half marathon yet for this year! It's only April and you just ran 4.2 miles! Less than 10 miles to go......If I was a betting gal I'd bet on you to find yourself a fall or winter half and smash it!! Never give up or give in - that's motto and you are proving it daily with your positive fighting attitude. You go girl!!! :clap:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I know you've been through some hard stuff Christina, but you've not given up on yourself and you're right, you have come too far to give up on yourself.

The effort and attention you have given to yourself since this happened has been amazing and you are a seriously amazing Lady and and it is this change in the person you are on the inside, compared to even 2 years ago, that WILL allow you to someday soon become the person you want to be physically.

I am 10,000,000% behind you all the way and I am sending you a BIG HUG because I am incredibly, incredibly proud of you Christina and I am absolutely certain, that if there is any type of person who can overcome these kinds of problems and get all the way, it is someone like you.

You never fail to impress me with how you achieve the highs and when the lows happen you still fight to overcome them and you talk about them with a sense of beauty and grace and dignity and you are someone that I have never stopped believing in, even when it potentially looked to some, like you might be one of those couldn't stick to it kind of people, that would keep taking 2 steps forwards and 2 steps back, getting too much false hope coupled with reversal of fortunes.

However you are not that person now and never giving up on yourself was imperative, because that is the one and most important thing, that you had to do to keep going, because it was the one thing that allowed you to have any chance of succeeding, because the people who give up never succeed, regardless of whether the physical goal was attainable or not.

You are a beautiful, wonderful and special person and that heart-warming smile says it all about a fighter that has come back from a heart-breaking experience and is achieving great things and making great strides forwards, because people who feel heart-broken might smile at the time, but it is an act, not the natural smile you have got in that picture, which is smiling out of choice, not necessity or to hide some other emotions.

You're making me smile inside as I write this, because I've been around to read so many of the ups and downs with you and see how many times life has made you feel second rate or second best and as if you are not allowed to feel and have the happiness you're striving for and I can tell you that you ARE worth those things and you deserve the happiness you get and will go on to get more of and as always your words tell of sadness, but emoted from the heart and laced with beauty and real, organic emotion that can't be faked, as this did happen to you and you did feel like your world was to some extent falling down around your ears.

The half marathon might be possible this year, but certainly I reckon if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll be a strong certainty to be running that by April next year and I will be in your corner every step of the way, as long as fate will let me and I will be around for you to bitch at, use as an emotional punch bag, or just to reach out and give you a small part of centre, when you smile or when you hurt, because I want you to succeed and be happy for you and for selfless reasons, because you deserve the feelings and emotions in your life, you've been partly deprived of so far in life, as often as you should have had them and I want you to be able to look at yourself in the mirror one day and feel beautiful, feminine, sensuous and alive and like a more complete person and not whatever some people used to call you, or say about you in the past, because those people were full of crap.

So keep pushing, keep believing, keep smiling that epic, amazing smile and GOOD LUCK, because you CAN do this and you ARE worth it and like I said, I am extremely proud of you, because you stood up for yourself with your actions and didn't take what any doctor told you lying down.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I had a foot injury like you christina last fall.. it's not really pain full that much but there is a chance i might not be able to run again too. But i think by losing weight it still might make it possible to run again too. I also gained weight last year just like you after foot injury. :roll: Wait and see what happens for both of us! :)

Happy Easter. :sunshine:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank you everyone for the support. Always a huge motivator. :)

Today I went out on a bike ride. I didn't even have any candy or chocolate at all. Told that easter bunny to take a hike lol happy easter eveeyone.

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Feeling frustrated. Been looking back at a lot of pics from last yr. It depresses me to see me go up all that weight again (weird how I gained it bc I didn't gain 4 dress sizes back just one). Looking at the jacket I was finally able to button now I cant. I'm just so upset. Got on the scale back to 241.8. I look at how great I have been eatting the last 3 months and been vegetarian. I haven't indulged in junk food at all. Been working out. I hate how fast it came on but the struggle I'm having getting rid of it. I've been tested for diabetes and thyroid but they are normal. Some days I just really hate body. Today I went to the bathroom amd wanted to cry. It's one of those bad days today. I'm just sick of failing. I'm sick of all theses years of being a fat . I hate how I get sick so easily and it always brings me back to square one. I'm fed up with it, all of it.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I read your post once and then I sat here re-reading it over and over trying to think of some kind of advice, wise words, encouragement, etc., and the more I thought about it I was like, I understand the frustration, I understand the anger and sometimes there just isn't anything anyone can say that can help in that moment.
Some days are bad, we allow all that negative energy invade our mind and it can take us to a really dark place. And all you can do is acknowledge it, let it pass and GET BACK IN THE FIGHT. Don't give it power, don't let it take over - just chalk it up to a bad day and do what you have to do to move forward, pick yourself up, refuse to give in to those negative feelings. They are not productive and only serve to hold you back.
In terms of advice, all I would say is I'm no expert, and I know those negative feelings very well I've done the "look in the mirror and hate body" days, plenty of times. So, I will just encourage you to look at all the positives. You are such a vibrant, full of life person, and you are accomplishing so many dreams and goals that you set for yourself. You are an encourager to so many other people who look at your story and feel inspired to change their own.
Hang in there Christina, you will get back to where you were, it just takes time, and unfairly it seems to take 3 times as long to lose what we gain back - But I have no doubt that you will do it.
You have a race next month, focus on your training, focus on how good it feels to ride a bike 13.87 miles, to be able to put on shoes and go out the door and run, relish in that sweaty afterglow that comes from knowing you just busted your a$$ in your workout and it feels GOOD. I could go on and on, but you get what I'm saying.
There is SO much more to you that just your physical size or the number on a scale. It does not determine who you are or how acceptable or successful you are in your life.

Remember you are a ray of :sunshine: to me and so many others here. I love your honesty and realness and I wish you all the best in your fitness journey and life.

Chin up, move forward and go out there and kick some butt today!!! I wanna read all about it. :clap: