C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by fat-to-fit »

Great Job Christina! :D

This is becky again. I changed user name for the last time. This is definitely it. :Hahabonk:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't feel devastated about the race Christina, it's a minor setback not the end of the world.

You put it behind you and realise there WILL be other races and next time on comes up you'll be more ready for it and more prepared as you've got experience at succeeding in these things, entering and finishing.

What matters is reconnecting with the person you're trying to be and the person you can be that trains well and eats right. You need to forget about the head spin stuff of the past few months and any lingering thoughts about previous injury issues and just focus on you and the future now.

Strong, positive thoughts about nailing your next race, whatever that is and I hope there will be one, because they compliment your competitive spirit and give you something to challenge yourself with and also strong positive thoughts about being someone with a 1.5-2lb weight loss in the coming 7 days, so you've got that "I'm getting there" feeling again and you then rekindle some of the old capability and minor weekly successes and have a platform again to build on.

I'm so proud of you for not completely giving up on yourself and for always injecting some inner beauty into your sometimes difficult admissions :).

You write from the heart and it honestly does touch me inside an it's one reason why I've supported you for so long, because I know there's a beautiful, amazing Lady inside of you, just waiting to fully see the light and shine completely.

You CAN do this okay :clap:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

hope the workouts are going good Christina! this is the perfect time to take charge of your health. for me and you with the weather so nice. So much easier now than in the fall or winter or where you are limited on how much you get exercise in unless you go to a gym or a dvd video at home. So get to it girl!!! I'm right there with you i've lost 14.2 pounds as of now. :D :D
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Hell ya girl!!! That's awesome!!!! Kiss that weight good bye lol

Last nite I had a pretty good pep talk from friend last nite. She's drill Sargent now lol. This morning I went for first jog since half marathon last september. I kept skiing myself out before thinking I won't be able to do this bc I haven't done anything for so long and packed on 40 pounds. To surprise I didn't do that bad like I thought. I got some good distance, didn't cramps up legs and no pain on side like I was afraid of. Overcoming that mentality man, one hell of a great feeling today. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

rockchick_82808 wrote:I kept skiing myself out
I think you mean psyching yourself out don't you :funny:.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Ha ha yeap. Darn phone and its "autocorrect" crap.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I expect however people can ski themselves out. I imagine there's only so much skiing people can take at any one time, before 2-3 weeks of continuous daily skiing starts to grate a bit :bugeyes:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Good job on the run! :)
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Great job on getting out there and getting going agin Christina!! Sounds like you have some quality friends to help you through!!
Great pic too!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank you. :) I certainly do have some badass friends. Lol and thank you for the compliment, it's much appreciated. :)

Went out again this morning for a walk/jog. Using app now to track steps to get 10,000 a day when I go to the park. body is a little sore but at the same time I'm already noticing a difference on energy ect. Perfect weekend to be getting back on track with 3 days off work and gorgeous weather to go along with it!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good job and whatever keeps you motivated that's the main thing :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Today was a fun day. Tuned up the bike and hit the trails. Met some fun people out on the bike path today. These guys were yelling woo and had American flags on the bikes for memorial day and yelling out merica! Of course with a beer in hand lol. Then I met this elderly couple. They never been on the trails before and the wife said this was her first day back on the bike in 40yrs. So I became their tour guide lol. It was fun. :) got in 14 miles and met some nice people. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Sounds like a good time! :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

14 miles, nice job :).

Hopefully when you got off the bike you wee chafe free :funny:.