C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is to be reliable and consistent in how you care for yourself, more so than how often you post on sites like this :).
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hi, Christina,

I have found that if you aim for just a little bit of improvement each week, you stay motivated by celebrating the small victories. That's how it is for me, anyway--if I shoot for too big of a goal, I just get discouraged and quit, so I break it down into steps so small that it's hard to fail. It takes longer, but I've got time. :D

You are right--it all starts with taking the time to take care of yourself, not just physically but also emotionally. Give yourself what you really need. Most of the time that is not the cheap of a pint of ice cream; there's usually some deeper desire that we are pushing down with the ice cream. As a health coach, I can tell you that you'll get better results once you learn to love yourself, rather than trying to motivate yourself to change out of a sense of self-disgust. Don't wait to love yourself until you've lost weight, start right now. You are not a number on the scale, and your worth is not dependent on how you look. You are strong and capable and beautiful, exactly the way you are. Resolve to treat yourself well, and the rest will fall into place. I'll be cheering you on, and looking forward to reading about your progress! :sunshine:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Fitafter50 wrote:Hi, Christina,

I have found that if you aim for just a little bit of improvement each week, you stay motivated by celebrating the small victories. That's how it is for me, anyway--if I shoot for too big of a goal, I just get discouraged and quit, so I break it down into steps so small that it's hard to fail. It takes longer, but I've got time. :D

You are right--it all starts with taking the time to take care of yourself, not just physically but also emotionally. Give yourself what you really need. Most of the time that is not the cheap of a pint of ice cream; there's usually some deeper desire that we are pushing down with the ice cream. As a health coach, I can tell you that you'll get better results once you learn to love yourself, rather than trying to motivate yourself to change out of a sense of self-disgust. Don't wait to love yourself until you've lost weight, start right now. You are not a number on the scale, and your worth is not dependent on how you look. You are strong and capable and beautiful, exactly the way you are. Resolve to treat yourself well, and the rest will fall into place. I'll be cheering you on, and looking forward to reading about your progress! :sunshine:
Thank you so much for your kind words. Today was the end of week 3 of workout routine and I love where I have come so far. I have only missed 2 days (workout is planned 3 days a week). Tomorrow I am meeting up with a friend of mine to do some cardio at a gym by her. I can't wait. Pretty excited to see this take off. 3 wks to go to meet goal of sticking to a routine. I still have to think about what next goal will be. I'm thinking it's going to be food. Really start concentrating on that.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Only one workout day left to go to reach first goal! first goal was to stick to going 3 days a week. This week I had included 2nd goal of drinking more water during the day. I now have a 32oz jug that I make sure I finish before the end of work day. Yes I do drink for before and after work as well, work however was a struggle! I am quite happy to just see the process in following through with goals. Next week I will start checking weight. Weight loss was not primary take from getting started that is to be an added bonus to all of this. I think that's why I kept falling off the wagon for making weight loss be only concern when there is so much more to gain from this.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Welp for September being first month back to working out I only missed 3 days out of 13 for scheduled workouts. Not bad for getting back in the game. Now let's see if I don't miss any days at all this month! I even cooked a big health dish for lunches for the next 4 days. Pretty excited! Just have to figure out dinners lol see what I want to cook for that. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Lol
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Great job on your goals Christina! That is a great way to get back into it. :clap: I am glad to see that you are sticking with it and being an excellent role model (for me). I think I will borrow a page from your book and plan three workout for me this week. :wink: Best of luck to you and we are all rooting for you! :D
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Yay on your workouts in Sept.!! :thumb: And another yay on your pre-made lunches. :) Planning ahead is so helpful. I know when I come home from work hungry, if I have something like Thai curry ready to heat up, that's what I'll eat. If nothing is prepped, the question isn't "what's healthiest?" anymore--it's "what's quickest and easiest?" :tongue:

I really love your shift to focusing on health over weight loss. I tell clients that weight loss will be a nice side effect when they make healthier choices, but it shouldn't be the be-all and end-all. The scale is just too fickle, and there are ways to game the system that aren't very helpful long-term.

Sounds like you should be giving yourself a big gold star for Sept.! :clap:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

chriscandothis wrote:Great job on your goals Christina! That is a great way to get back into it. :clap: I am glad to see that you are sticking with it and being an excellent role model (for me). I think I will borrow a page from your book and plan three workout for me this week. :wink: Best of luck to you and we are all rooting for you! :D
Thank you! friend from work has been working out too and she asked if I go with her on Tuesdays and Thursdays for just cardio.....Yeap. That means 5 days a wk but a test on resistance training in between. I told her I will try. Not to mention it gets me out of the house even more lol considering I sit all day at job and how long I sit in car for drive to and from work....I need the cardio. All I would do coming home is sit again anyways lol we will see how it goes. Today was day 3 in a row now for the workout. I meet up with her tomorrow again after work. I hope to see this week all the way through and see how I feel. So far doing pretty good. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Fitafter50 wrote:Yay on your workouts in Sept.!! :thumb: And another yay on your pre-made lunches. :) Planning ahead is so helpful. I know when I come home from work hungry, if I have something like Thai curry ready to heat up, that's what I'll eat. If nothing is prepped, the question isn't "what's healthiest?" anymore--it's "what's quickest and easiest?" :tongue:

I really love your shift to focusing on health over weight loss. I tell clients that weight loss will be a nice side effect when they make healthier choices, but it shouldn't be the be-all and end-all. The scale is just too fickle, and there are ways to game the system that aren't very helpful long-term.

Sounds like you should be giving yourself a big gold star for Sept.! :clap:
Thank you! The pre made meals are a huge help! This is 2nd week with it. Doing really good with water intake at work as well. Quite proud of these little changes. Focusing on them is helping me see the improvements I wouldn't otherwise notice of just thought of body image. Been feeling better about myself lately as well. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Good news this morning! Added bonus to all other little accomplishments....down 8 pounds!!!! Woop woop!
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great job, Christina!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank you :) it was an awesome surpise let me tell ya. Lol
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

So today I was at mom's and of course she ordered lots of pizza and breadsticks. I ordered a salad and had half a cup of pop. At first I thought it would be hard but to be honest I wasn't tempted. I was watching them load their plates and saw all the grease. All I could think of was calories. I sat there kind of disgusted. Thinking no wonder family is so overweight with how we eat. Then we all went to the movies and I was the only one who didn't get any drink or snack after they just piled their plates only 3hrs ago. All I could think was God they just had all these carbs which made them hungry then saw them drink pop which was more sugar. When ur on the other end of the spectrum it's weird. I never looked at a situation like that before never realized the habits I grew up around. It was literally eye opening.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Congrats Chris on the weight loss and having the motivation to resist the pizza. It's not only overweight people that eat badly. mom is thin but she still eats badly just in moderation.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Great Job Christina!!! :clap: New healthy habits do give benefits as long as you are consistent. Glad you are there to help your friend too. :D